This is the end of the world as we know it?

harvestmouse
890 posts Member
edited July 2022
So the creators 'behind' SWGOH have created Legions and Legends

https://www.gameinformer.com/2022/06/29/creators-behind-star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes-announce-new-combat-rpg-legions-legends

The company itself are on Lord of the Rings

So who's left working on our game? Not the creators nor the developers?!

I think if we see Legends of the Lords or Legions Rings announced soon, that'll be the nail in the coffin...........right?
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Will still take 10 years to relic 10 every character so lots to still do as long as the game is running
  • And the players feel... fine?

Sorry had to do it.
  • So the creators 'behind' SWGOH have created Legions and Legends

Creator, singular. Who left EA and CG way back in 2016. See https://wikitia.com/wiki/Mark_Otero
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Bigger question is will anyone that’s played SWGOH ever play LOTR now that they have had a taste of what to except.
    With all that they have done during the years this game has been out would you put your hand back in that dogs mouth?
    CHOMP CHOMP 🐕‍🦺
  • Sewpot wrote: »
    Bigger question is will anyone that’s played SWGOH ever play LOTR now that they have had a taste of what to except.
    With all that they have done during the years this game has been out would you put your hand back in that dogs mouth?
    CHOMP CHOMP 🐕‍🦺

I love LOTR. Probably only IP I like as much as SW. I will not be picking it up :'(
  • Padriach
    27 posts Member
    Same love LOTR if it had been a choice between LOTR and SWGOH way back when I started here it would of been LOTR every time.

Would be stoked enough to drop SWGOH and play it now even after all the time investment into this game IF it had been any other studio than CG.
  • Whatelse73
    2146 posts Member
    Padriach wrote: »
    Same love LOTR if it had been a choice between LOTR and SWGOH way back when I started here it would of been LOTR every time.

Would be stoked enough to drop SWGOH and play it now even after all the time investment into this game IF it had been any other studio than CG.

I'll probably give it a try to see how it is, but as a F2P for a while. I spent 10 bucks for the whole first year I played MSF and it was fun enough without spending, though I quit a year ago. I'd like to see how it works and what it's like, but don't feel up to spending on another game just yet.
  • Jakdnels
    786 posts Member
    Seems like there's been a ton of turnover at CG over the last 6 years. No surprise the original creator left
  • Sewpot wrote: »
    CHOMP CHOMP 🐕‍🦺

Like others, I really like the 'Middle Earth' IP too. I don't think though that it lends well to this sort of game. Maybe it's a nuance thing, a difficult tangible to explain but..........LoTR isn't as much about the characters? More about places and races? I dunno, but the IP interests me as much as Star Wars, but the game doesn't at all.

The IP I'm interested in and think it'd be better even than Star Wars is One Piece, which I also love and is all about the big time characters. They actually do have a gacha game in One Piece Treasure Cruise. However, it's weirdly Japanese and super eclectic. It looks right, but doesn't quite taste right. A bit like 0% alcohol beer.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    I will play the LotR game, play for free that is. I just hit 100k in crystals saved in this game. You guys do know it is free to play, right?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    Seems like there's been a ton of turnover at CG over the last 6 years. No surprise the original creator left

Does there?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • I surely will not touch another product of Capital Games. Ever.

I will wait instead this Legions and Legends, to maybe find the spirit of the original SWGOH ...
  • wharp
    212 posts Member
    Blockchain company, nft,... don't expect too much from this game
  • Jakdnels
    786 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Jakdnels wrote: »

Does there?

Yes. They used to post good-byes. Carrie, Mark, whoever was before Carrie, the art guy that used to post on Reddit and moved to Spain off the top of my head...