Is ki adi mundi relevant anymore?

Since the release of the light side geonosian territory battle event ki adi mundi has been rather elusive to obtain. Unlike rolo and wat who have had their shards appear in multiple shipments or even farmable in bounty hunter events I have yet to see this banana headed jedi anywhere. My guild has not been able to clear his section of the geo territory battle in a while as we are sitting on I think like 10 shards. In addition to this i never see many players use him in squad or grand arena and mentioned to work in very few teams for rancor challenge raid. Is he still relevant and even so why hasn't he been given more farming locations given he's been in the game a while now and since he isn't needed for any special event like rolo and wat is there any reason he shouldn't be given some farmable slots in shipments somewhere?

Replies

• He is hugely relevant in end game PvP.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    He is hugely relevant in end game PvP.

Explain
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt wrote: »

Explain
    Ok. “Hugely” might be an overstatement. He’s relevant. And I’d hate to go into GAC / TW without him.

But I don’t want the OP to think that sitting on 10 shards of KAM is in anyway acceptable.
  • LordDirt wrote: »

Explain
    he works extremely well with Grand Master Skywalker vs Rey or LV. His armor shred and multiple attacks when he is “coined” is very useful.

• Still I do think it's been long overdue for him to recieve some sort of extra farmable event. He might be good in certain team in certain situations but is he as good as say Captain ahsoka tano at this point? Granted she was a little easier to farm for when she first came out given she could be won from reward crates and purchased from the conquest store but now she can be farmed from that god awful random event that nobody likes. Ki adi mundi has been strictly a territory battle reward and a hard one to win given the increased difficulty of the territory battle he is available from.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Nice to have, not a must. Certainly not as good as CAT because there is no certain team where he is the dynamo of, but rather expands any team he's in as well.
  • KAM is still very useful, especially when you start needing lots of Jedi in LSTB.

If your goal is TB progression, he’s essentially required. If you want to do well in PVP, he’s a great part of many high-end counters.

He’s still very relevant and worth going for.
  • But again why make him so exclusive? Toons like cat, malgus, mandalorian maul and boba scion of jango are already or will eventually be farmable from other events but are currently available from reward crates and purchased from conquest store. In addition to this both rolo and probe droid both recieved omicrons and were originally only territory battle rewards. Sure they are much older and probably not used as often aside from rolo who is an event requirement but still kam isn't an event requirement, has been in the game for a while and not a commonly used character in some arenas.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Coolnessda wrote: »
    But again why make him so exclusive? Toons like cat, malgus, mandalorian maul and boba scion of jango are already or will eventually be farmable from other events but are currently available from reward crates and purchased from conquest store. In addition to this both rolo and probe droid both recieved omicrons and were originally only territory battle rewards. Sure they are much older and probably not used as often aside from rolo who is an event requirement but still kam isn't an event requirement, has been in the game for a while and not a commonly used character in some arenas.

Your examples are from wrong event type. Is wat better than cat? There is no certain answer because they are too different. How good a toon is doesn't matter on it's exclusivity status. This status being lifted depends on new tws to be made. Until then, you know where to get it.
  • All I'm trying to say is that event exclusive toons whether they be from territory battles or elsewhere have been given new farmable locations in some shape or form and it's just odd that ki adi mundi has never seen this treatment. I know I'm wrong and will be criticized for it but the light side territory battle event has been out over a year now not sure exactly how long but still all other territory battle exclusive toons have either become farmable from seperate events or purchased from shipments. Rolo and probe droid both recieved omicrons, wat had a few chances to be purchased from weekly shipments and was so good that the devs had to weaken him to make him less game breaking and ki adi mundi? He could be seen as another wat tambor when used in the proper team but since his abilities only work with jedi he is only selectively good and still only a territory battle exclusive reward.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    There might be plans making him a requirement for something down the road.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Yes

oQGJ
    JML
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    A priority over GL’s and other farms….well no.

However he is still a very good character to have for oQGJ lineups, LSGeoTB, and to make more Jedi lineup comps. Don’t sleep on him

Lol no he’s not. He’s pretty much useless. About as valuable as Mace.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

Well are you using them on offense or D? On defense you’re relying on CG’s algorithm for turn and ability order. On offense, well….you figure that one out when you’re in control lol

I agree that he’s pretty much useless when left at g8.

He's as useless as BAM is. ;)
  • Haydigan
    414 posts Member
    I certainly hope that he's still relevant as I only need two more shards to unlock him and will get there this week.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member

Yeah, the trash character called Mace who changed the SEE vs JMK approach due to his OP ability block basic and completely shut down the BH + GAS 2 shot against JMK. Such a trash character.

His zeta unique for the +30 speed just requires gear 6 or so, no? So even a 4 star gear 6 KAM with his zeta unique is going to be pretty useful for oQGJ.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Wat is more useful than KAM and Wat can be used is a variety of teams in different game modes.
  • Legend91 wrote: »

Yeah, the trash character called Mace who changed the SEE vs JMK approach due to his OP ability block basic and completely shut down the BH + GAS 2 shot against JMK. Such a trash character.

His zeta unique for the +30 speed just requires gear 6 or so, no? So even a 4 star gear 6 KAM with his zeta unique is going to be pretty useful for oQGJ.
    My comment was tongue-in-cheek and aimed at JerrickKharr, who has is KAM at g8.

And yes, his QuiCron defence would be better if he used KAM. But he doesn’t.
  • This whole thread reads like OP mental gymnastics to get CG to give away KAM beyond earning it through the Reek mission. Git gud.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    This whole thread reads like OP mental gymnastics to get CG to give away KAM beyond earning it through the Reek mission. Git gud.

Or it’s just a discussion into what his viability is in the current meta and scope of the game.

This is either sarcasm or you have no idea what you are talking about.

• Straegen
    194 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    Pair him with a super fast oQGJ and GK in GAC along with a hard hitting high tenacity JKA... this will be one of your better non-GL defensive squads.

uwmjikaetzo9.png

19erggbb61v5.png