Yoda planning

Hi y'all,

I've been playing a couple months and getting a lot more into it. Your sage wisdom would be appreciated. I'm looking for help on beating Yoda level 6 and 7.

I've got JC, Lum, QGJ, and Mace, ?

Who should be my 5th? I have to start focusing now as I'm way behind for a fifth at that level. I'd love to go for Old Ben. Would he work? Or do I have to go Bariss? Ashoka with her upgrade?

I'm finishing GW regularly without Barriss so I'd prefer Ben for many reasons. Can I beat Yoda with my four and Ben though? I can always farm him more slowly if need be. Thanks for any advice.

Replies

• HalB
    169 posts Member
    Barriss without a doubt.
  • AnonymousLlama
    223 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Barriss helps you in far more aspects of the game, currently. GW will get harder with the new level increase and it's never a bad idea to have her standing by. Ahsoka is also pretty good outside of the arena. She's even better when working under a Barriss-lead team. I also started casually collecting Jedi for the next time around, just because I was sick of being left out. Barriss by herself has opened up a whole new strategy for me in GW, giving me new options and things to try. She's reinvigorated my love for playing instead of repetively grinding the same things every day with the same characters.

In the end, though, it's up to you. I'm sure you can find a way to win with Old Ben if that's how you want to go. Take the road less travelled, my friend!
  • VVS
    52 posts Member
    Get barris instead of mace and koth from arena shipments.
  • VVS wrote: »
    Get barris instead of mace and koth from arena shipments.

+1
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Barriss helps you in far more aspects of the game, currently. GW will get harder with the new level increase and it's never a bad idea to have her standing by. Ahsoka is also pretty good outside of the arena. She's even better when working under a Barriss-lead team. I also started casually collecting Jedi for the next time around, just because I was sick of being left out. Barriss by herself has opened up a whole new strategy for me in GW, giving me new options and things to try. She's reinvigorated my love for playing instead of repetively grinding the same things every day with the same characters.

In the end, though, it's up to you. I'm sure you can find a way to win with Old Ben if that's how you want to go. Take the road less travelled, my friend!

I like this reasoning, especially as the game gets harder in GW, and for the strategy aspect. It looks like it'll be Barriss with Ben as a side project. Everyone says Koth but I have no interest in him.

Thanks for the input. I'll keep checking to see if there are any outliers out there.

• Hyperalloy
    202 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Barriss helps you in far more aspects of the game, currently. GW will get harder with the new level increase and it's never a bad idea to have her standing by. Ahsoka is also pretty good outside of the arena. She's even better when working under a Barriss-lead team. I also started casually collecting Jedi for the next time around, just because I was sick of being left out. Barriss by herself has opened up a whole new strategy for me in GW, giving me new options and things to try. She's reinvigorated my love for playing instead of repetively grinding the same things every day with the same characters.

I like this reasoning, especially as the game gets harder in GW, and for the strategy aspect. It looks like it'll be Barriss with Ben as a side project. Everyone says Koth but I have no interest in him.

Thanks for the input. I'll keep checking to see if there are any outliers out there.

Everyone says junk about EK until he nukes and stuns you in the same move.
  • Quim
    665 posts Member
    Few days ago I only had 7* Lumi and 4* JC, now I got 6* Eeth Koth, 4* Qui-Gon Jinn and 4* Barriss Offee, so I will play with Barriss (L), Lumi, JC, Eeth Koth and Qui-Gon Jinn. It is the most used team to get Yoda.
  • [/quote]

Everyone says junk about EK until he nukes and stuns you in the same move.[/quote]

That's a fair point. I don't hate him, I just have no interest in him. I'm already fortunate to have some good stun choices and his character isn't of interest. I like building a strong team that is also fun/interesting to me. Film bias plays a huge role in that of course. It's why I started Mace and Jedi Knight Anakin even though both turn out not to be easy (or great for Yoda).

Second question, do you all believe/know if the theory of waiting to 7* helps in GW? I've been trying to manage my group accordingly and it seems to be working now that I have a spread out squad. I have no one over 6* and have kept some less interesting characters low. I've finished 5 days in a row after not finishing for a month.

• @Justthetipjedi : Don't worry about the Mace naysayers, I beat 6* easily my first time, and plan on beating 7* when it comes back. I used Barriss(L), Lumi, QGJ, JC, and Mace. If you want to feel better about your odds, go watch the YouTube video of the person who beat 7* Yoda without Barriss...they also had Mace in there.
  • Barriss helps you in far more aspects of the game, currently. GW will get harder with the new level increase and it's never a bad idea to have her standing by. Ahsoka is also pretty good outside of the arena. She's even better when working under a Barriss-lead team. I also started casually collecting Jedi for the next time around, just because I was sick of being left out. Barriss by herself has opened up a whole new strategy for me in GW, giving me new options and things to try. She's reinvigorated my love for playing instead of repetively grinding the same things every day with the same characters.

Yeah, 7* maxed Barriss(L) rocks for GW!

• Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I would go with whoever interrupts your other projects the least. That's why Eeth is a popular choice as after Sid there are no must haves for arena shipments (that may change) so it's easy to dump a month into him.

With JC and Mace assuming they aren't 7 star already would make adding Barris or Old Ben difficult or at least take longer as they are all cantina nodes.

If QG isn't 7 yet adding Ashoka becomes a long process as its 2 months (you could add hard nodes to trim it a bit) on single Cantina refreshes.

Which is why people end up adding Eeth as it allows resources to be spread around a little better.

My team for Yoda is Barris Eeth Lumi Ashoka QG. Mainly because it's faster for me to 7 star Ashoka then to 7 star Barris and then JC