MEGATHREAD - State of the Galaxy: July 2022

Prev1345
CG_Tusken_Meathead
331 posts EA Community Manager
edited July 2022
Hello folks!

Please use this thread to discuss everything you've read in the State of the Galaxy!

State of the Galaxy: July 2022
Post edited by UdalCuain on

Replies

• This should have been the Road Ahead.
  • Definately a road ahead worthy.

Great stuff all exciting!
  • Fieldgulls
    419 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    I must have missed the part where they mention datacrons being removed from game…hopefully it was excluded on accident.
  • Fieldgulls wrote: »
    I must have missed the part where the mention datacrons being removed from game…hopefully it was excluded on accident.

I would trade this update for them to remove datacrons 😂
  • Oh my god Jabba GL they're actually doing it that's hilarious haha
  • What a joke. Mod management now that mods don’t care to datacrons. Meh news as always. Don’t care bout jabba. Bout scary wookie. And new ships. Remove crystals from fleet arena with datacrons. Thanx
  • So when relic 9 is a requirement now for a new capital ship, where's the part mentioning how there will be more ways to actually get r9 droid brains in the game if you're not in a overly competitive 300+ mio gp guild?
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    The SOTG didn't cover the most important part

How great is Mob Enforcer with Hutt Cartel tag now
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    So, its official....we are totally done with the gear economy changes? Not a word about it? When are we going to hear something about this? Especially now since R9 is now a requirement for things.....
  • wildnz
    254 posts Member
    All those mod upgrades but still no way to save all / snapshot your mods in game.
  • If R9 is going to be a requirement for the Profundity and likely for other characters required for Jabba the Hutt, really need to address how they're acquired. Removing the low tier relic mats from high tier requirements was a good call, but to gate these characters behind guild size and Territory War performance is a bad call.
  • CadoaBane wrote: »
    So when relic 9 is a requirement now for a new capital ship, where's the part mentioning how there will be more ways to actually get r9 droid brains in the game if you're not in a overly competitive 300+ mio gp guild?

Plus the writing is on the wall for Jabba to need at least one R9 requirement as well.
  • While these changes are nice (the removal of carbonite and bronzium scraps from R8 and R9 upgrades and the improved mod management), it's still unbelievable how you keep ignoring the gear economy changes YOU promised AGES ago. You keep increasing relic requirements, but don't make reaching g13 easier in the slightest. How can you be so tonedeaf?
  • I told you. You should save a couple of r9.
  • Dianora
    116 posts Member
    Enjoyed everything overall (okay, maybe not the R9 requirements for Jabba unless droid brains are going to become more common) except for the mod changes. I don't find the current mod system onerous so much as depressing. I'm sure some people will appreciate the improved interface but I would have much rather preferred things like: removing 1-4 dot mods; making speed secondaries more common; removing some of the unused primaries; and making triangles more common. Or, since I'm just wishing here, removing all speed secondaries and making this game not completely revolve around who rolled more speed on their mods.
  • I told you. You should save a couple of r9.

R9 doesn't matter if you can't get there anyway
  • Nice. But still no full roster mod snapshot. The code exists in the game, TW, GAC, please implement it for MODs. Allow us to save in game a single instance of all mods on all characters. Easy way to put all the mods back with a single button click. Save/Resave and Reapply, just 2 buttons.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    BinBetter wrote: »
    Nice. But still no full roster mod snapshot. The code exists in the game, TW, GAC, please implement it for MODs. Allow us to save in game a single instance of all mods on all characters. Easy way to put all the mods back with a single button click. Save/Resave and Reapply, just 2 buttons.

Yes, that would make 3v3-5v5 swapping easy. And even with all the new tools, there's simply no contribution to remodding half a roster. It will only allow dealing with batches of new mods easier...which wasn't that hard.
  • flux_rono
    2112 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    yeah CG THIS IS A RAOD AHEAD tells us about the future without telling us everything, the other thing you released to talk about datacrons was a state of the galaxy. get the names and idea right
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    I can’t imagine reading this monstrous pile of insanely good news from cg and worrying about what the post is called. Just lol

GL JABBA FTW
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • you want me to be excited about this SOFG? Then deliver what was promised during the SOTG back in September of last year! If you're not planning on doing this then at least have the minerals to say officially that you wont be doing it!

P.S. Wouldn't it be great if we had....oh I don't know.....an official discord channel to discuss this on? You know like the one you created for the other game you just released?
  • I like the mod QoL update. That's going to save a lot of time.

Not that interested in GL Jabba. But it is interesting that there won't be a counterpart to him. Does that mean the next GL will be Old Republic related? I hope so.

I think we're long over due for word on the gear economy changes. And I'm going to hold my ground on this one; until those changes are finished, I'm not spending anymore on this game. C'mon CG, finish those changes.
  • Granolo
    213 posts Member
    I LOVED THE MOD QoL UPDATE!

That being said, what we are still missing is being able to snapshot all the mods you have equipped to your toons, so you can easily remod certain toons for an specific event/battle, then you can return all your mods where they were initially. Because even with all these improvements, remodding for specific battles is still gonna be a hassle and something many people will still avoid.
  • Will current r8 and r9 characters get used CCB and bronzium wire returned? @CG_SBCrumb
  • Hell guys we are finally getting mod QoL, I really don't give a rats **** about the rest. We should encourage QoL changes like this not get saltier than a salt mine.
  • Still no fleet loadouts ;)
    (jokes aside, update looks good!)
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • flux_rono
    2112 posts Member
    2ocslpnm2xw9.png

will this visual be available for already maxed mods? id love to see how great my tenacity rolls are on my nest for example
  • I am personally really excited for this. Jabba has always been a character I wanted in the game, and with the Hutt cartel tag, we could finally get the true hero of star wars, Salacious. b. crumb!
  • I am personally really disappointed with this. Could have been the removal of datacrons and I would buy 3 hyper drives just in celebration. I would whoop and hollar. I refuse to spend a dime on the game since their release, and continue to follow that track.
  • I'll admit, if it weren't for DCs and 3v3 GAC, I'd probably be moderately excited for this. That said:

Mods QoL... with the presence of Hot Utils, this seems like time wasted to me. Some nice features, for sure, but nowhere close to what is needed to get me to use the in-game mod management again.

GL Jabba and Profundity... cool. I'm a ways out thanks to Raddus and KB, but that's fine. Bigger issue to me is that there still isn't anywhere he's needed besides GAC. I guess there's a new TB mission, but unless it awards a ton of goodies as a SM, yawn. We need new PvE content.

So, not a bad announcement. Dare I say a good one. But the hole CG has dug these last few months is deep.