General Discussion or bust!

harvestmouse
890 posts Member
edited July 2022
It seems to me that site navigation here, is rather complex.

Some sections like 'feedback' for example, are so complex and maze like, I'm wondering if there's a Goblin King singing away in the middle. You can see the most recent topic in a section in the section header, but can't actually find it again, once it's no longer the most recent topic.

One of the main problems, unlike other forums there isn't (as far as I can see) a 'recent topics' or 'topics since last visited' button.

So I'm finding that unless I have copious amounts of time I generally only look in 'General Discussions' or 'Participated Discussions'; meaning that large amount of topics do not get the views they deserve.

It also means that topic authors always plum for 'General Discussions'; as anything else will mean the topic being lost in a space similar to the background on the right and left of your screen now! " you see that star near the top, on the left of your screen now? No, not that one, the one a bit lower and to the right.......that's a brilliant little topic about Lando I wrote!" Sadly never to be seen again!

Many an author has logged on excitedly, to see how their topic is doing only to see that the topic grim reaper has paid a visit.............................................................................................................................................................................................Those 4 words of dread, written in red 'Post edited by crzydroid ' Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo the author cries in disappointment, knowing that their topic will never ever ever be seen again.

Which is the crux of the problem, and the topic title. This site really does feel like 'General Discussion or bust!' For topic authors.

Any other topic section really is just stars lost in space.....
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    One of the main problems, unlike other forums there isn't (as far as I can see) a 'recent topics' or 'topics since last visited' button.

There is a recent discussions section.

"Discussions" button on the top on the desktop site, "recent discussions" from the drop down menu on mobile.
    nae1mhwmqa11.png

uq9kuzik120i.png
  • True forumers use recent discussions only.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Careful, you went dangerously close to "discussing moderation" which will get you b&
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• waits for thread to be moved to Feedback: Forums & Website
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • harvestmouse
    890 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    UdalCuain wrote: »

There is a recent discussions section.

"Discussions" button on the top on the desktop site, "recent discussions" from the drop down menu on mobile.

uq9kuzik120i.png

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat! I cannot see this! (recent discussions)

I've looked on my windows 7 & 10 lap tops. When I press discussions, at the top I don't have that menu. I can see 'most recent' in each section. Is this what you mean?
  • Discussions (on the desktop site) is the same as Recent discussions on a mobile device.

What you might need to do is dismiss a heap of pinned dev posts first
  • Discussions (on the desktop site) is the same as Recent discussions on a mobile device.

What you might need to do is dismiss a heap of pinned dev posts first

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh ok, I'm seeing it now. Yeah, it's all dominated by some Tusken guy. Why doesn't he get his stuff thrown into feedback too????

I appreciate the feedback, thanks.
  • Worth pointing out that there are certain sub channels that don’t appear in recent discussions.

I’m not claiming this list is exhaustive, but I know that you’ll never see a post in…
    - guild recruitment
    - PvP / rivalry

in recent discussions.

Guild recruitment I understand, but PvP / rivalry seems odd to me. Sadly, Snakes on a Plane always posted his ridiculous “world’s first” threads in General, so we saw them anyway.

If there was a way of auto-filtering fan kits I’d be delighted.
  • Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh ok, I'm seeing it now. Yeah, it's all dominated by some Tusken guy. Why doesn't he get his stuff thrown into feedback too????

You can’t possibly be serious…
  • Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh ok, I'm seeing it now. Yeah, it's all dominated by some Tusken guy. Why doesn't he get his stuff thrown into feedback too????

You can’t possibly be serious…

Of course I am! I always appreciate good feedback! It'd be rude not to....
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    Worth pointing out that there are certain sub channels that don’t appear in recent discussions.

I’m not claiming this list is exhaustive, but I know that you’ll never see a post in…
    - guild recruitment
    - PvP / rivalry

in recent discussions.

Guild recruitment I understand, but PvP / rivalry seems odd to me. Sadly, Snakes on a Plane always posted his ridiculous “world’s first” threads in General, so we saw them anyway.

If there was a way of auto-filtering fan kits I’d be delighted.

I've actually requested a separate section for fan kits, but they haven't made one yet.
  • harvestmouse
    890 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    Post edited by crzydroid at 11:28AM

no-darth-vader.gif