MEGATHREAD - State of the Galaxy: July 2022

Replies

• Now that I think about it, thanks CG for letting me know now that I can't have the Profundity. I was on the verge of spending on some of the requirements but now I won't have to waste that money.

Nice work on the demotivation for me.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Now that I think about it, thanks CG for letting me know now that I can't have the Profundity. I was on the verge of spending on some of the requirements but now I won't have to waste that money.

Because of the r9?
  • Hotblack
    13 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    Hi there CG – I hope you guys do read this kind of stuff and I’m not wasting my time but I want to be one of those who gives you balanced constructive feedback so you can do the right thing for the game, and the players as well as the company profit line.

My last (two) posts were on datacrons. The first was “wait and see”, the second was mostly "thumbs down".

But the latest State of the Galaxy? "Thumbs up!"

• More content: always leaves me sighing that I will never “have them all” but what would I do if I did?! So content is good and I will get my credit card out again to help me collect - at an affordable pace that works for me. You can demotivate me and stop me spending but you can’t and should not try to motivate me to spend beyond my means.

• Nature of the content:

- Krrsantan was cool and desirable from the first moment we saw him

- As a GL Jabba is kind of “meh” but probably inevitable and very much expected so that’s ok. And he adds a new faction dimension to GLs. That’s a plus.

- Profundity was well trailed and makes sense to use the Rebel ships and balance Executor. Any extra ships make sense since it remains impossible to 3 star tier 4 of LS Geo fleet at the moment….! Not totally joyous about R9 Raddus but he is the captain, and it’s only one toon

• The relic recipe thing – small but helpful. The shortage has been true for sure and the gesture will count for something.

• QoL mod stuff sounds promising. I am aware of 3rd party tools and I suspect many high-end players will still prefer to use those for more complex needs (I think that helps you btw) but by making better mod management accessible and easier for those who choose not to use such tools, you will broaden the appeal of the game and hopefully widen your market. There is no doubt many players find this the most baffling element of the game. As above, I am sure there are limits on spend per player and covid probably resulted in a spike which is now dropping back (I’m guessing?) so doing this to attract new players, get casual players a bit more serious and persuade FTP players to feel some small spend is merited and deserved feels smart.

• Biggest remaining concern: datacrons making the game “pay to win” not just “pay to play” and being ridiculously overpowered in some situations. I’ve enjoyed using them in some places but that residual concern remains a very real brake on my wider game investment. Also, their temporary nature means I will not use my crystals or credit card on them, only what I gain in game. If you had announced you were scrapping them/massively nerfing them in this road ahead, it would have been perfect!

• Other concerns:

- I still hear many talk about gear crunches; I am personally more sanguine and I think you did a number of things to help here. But you set an expectation of a phase 2 and most players feel we’ve not yet seen that. Let's have an honest update.

- New content is great but please don’t shove it down our throats! The number of Inquisitor events has got truly boring, especially every other Challenge. It does nothing for widening your player base.

- While some of your spending players are concentrated in high end guilds, that experience can burn you out and players need to be able to still access high end materials (R9) in non-elite guilds so they can play with people they like, at a level they enjoy yet still build their account. EG Omicrons are good – while scarce, you don’t have to be in a big guild to get them, but they add interest to a wide range of characters and game modes.

• What next? Different players will say different things, but:

- Keep bringing the content, it’s a collectible game!

- More ships are good but WHEN can we have a fleet equivalent of squads! Please!!

- It may be a big ask but being able to try out new squads, refreshed squads, different squads against teammates or allies in a friendly mode would be amazing. Don’t put a cost on it, but equally no rewards are required. But imo, being able to test will lead to spending to improve anyway.

- The game already takes a lot of time so it’s important to keep making game modes and activities “simmable” or “deselectible” and offer up new game modes, raids or TBs for developed rosters instead of, not as well as, the existing. But new levels, games modes, raids, battles that represent fun progression (and not just more grind) sound good to me. Thresholds to access these – sure. Requirement of one specific toon or team else you can’t play – see comments on shoving stuff down our throats…. So you need at least 1 or 2 GLs to access a mode – sure; you need Jabba specifically – not so sure!

Anyway, a long post but I really love this game and I am an officer in a decent sized 270m GP guild full of other people who love it. We want CG to develop it and improve it. We don’t want you to kill it by making decisions for the wrong reasons. Profit follows happy customers.

May the Force [and the sense to listen to your customers] be with you!
  • Great State of the Galaxy, this is definitely exciting. Nice to see Mod changes to ease selling & upgrading. Love Krrsantan and Jabba GL!! I wonder if he will have a insta-kill Rancor move where it drops the person into the pit! Either way awesome. Even though i wont get Profundity for a long time, nice to see. Overall a great update I think, and moving in the right direction
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    And no comment on the gear changes….sigh…ok then,
    Cool to see Jabba coming. Long overdue mod QoL. Lmao at R9 reqs when the economy is still overly bottlenecked. The CCB and BW changes are a good start but it’s not enough.
  • Screerider
    1333 posts Member
    LOTD wrote: »
    3) Gear economy changes- this is more for the community than anything. What more do you want with the changes?
    I believe all that's left from what was announced is (1) a dedicated spot for Core Gear in Shard Shop, (2) Territory Battle flattening of Core Gear rewards, and (3) doubling the Core Gear drop rate on Hard nodes with Character shards.

Personally, the completed Gear changes already relieved issues with Core Gear enough that new pain points have emerged. Getting more than enough Eyeball Components, but now it's Eyeball Salvage I'm short on. Similarly, I got too many Droid Callers and not enough Mk2 Holo Lenses. The rest of the Gear changes won't help with these. Oh well, It's always something.

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    The replies itt are so delicious lol
    hpqtdzfr43oe.gif
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • ah ! GL Jabba isn't joke? :'(
  • I am missing the Bronzium mass opening, it's really killing the game experience, having to spend so much stupid time opening them one by one.. !!! Please CG implement this as well
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Screerider wrote: »
    LOTD wrote: »
    3) Gear economy changes- this is more for the community than anything. What more do you want with the changes?
    I believe all that's left from what was announced is (1) a dedicated spot for Core Gear in Shard Shop, (2) Territory Battle flattening of Core Gear rewards, and (3) doubling the Core Gear drop rate on Hard nodes with Character shards.

Personally, the completed Gear changes already relieved issues with Core Gear enough that new pain points have emerged. Getting more than enough Eyeball Components, but now it's Eyeball Salvage I'm short on. Similarly, I got too many Droid Callers and not enough Mk2 Holo Lenses. The rest of the Gear changes won't help with these. Oh well, It's always something.

They also promised a phase 2 of the gear economy changes with more details to follow on what the specifics were in the next upcoming RA/SoTG at the time. This never happened either.
  • THIS! The players who accrued a bunch of R8s and R9s before this new change are being punished. They lost out on a ridiculous amount of bronziums and carbonites.

Nope. You got to win all those battles that you would have lost had you kept your toons at r7. You got to unlock Exec and LV. Players who waited didn't get those things. The bonuses you gained outweigh the CCBs and BWs you lost.

We got to win all those battles? Lame excuse. It doesn't make up for those of us who have spent crystals and real money buying those and other players are now able to level up completely avoiding the need to spend on those materials. The compensation is needed to make it right with the masses.
  • Azudelphi wrote: »
    If R9 is going to be a requirement for the Profundity and likely for other characters required for Jabba the Hutt, really need to address how they're acquired. Removing the low tier relic mats from high tier requirements was a good call, but to gate these characters behind guild size and Territory War performance is a bad call.

We've already had this with Wat being a requirement for Kenobi

• Screerider
    1333 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    They also promised a phase 2 of the gear economy changes with more details to follow on what the specifics were in the next upcoming RA/SoTG at the time. This never happened either.
    "Promise" lol

Did they pinky swear?

• Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    "Promise" lol

Did they pinky swear?
    Promise
    verb
    assure someone that one will definitely do, give, or arrange something; undertake or declare that something will happen.

Use of the word checks out. They said it, it didn’t happen and we have no communication on it. Very definition of broken promise.
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    "Promise" lol

Did they pinky swear?
    Promise
    verb
    assure someone that one will definitely do, give, or arrange something; undertake or declare that something will happen.

Use of the word checks out. They said it, it didn’t happen and we have no communication on it. Very definition of broken promise.

They must have had their fingers crossed behind their backs
  • bchased64 wrote: »
    THIS! The players who accrued a bunch of R8s and R9s before this new change are being punished. They lost out on a ridiculous amount of bronziums and carbonites.

Nope. You got to win all those battles that you would have lost had you kept your toons at r7. You got to unlock Exec and LV. Players who waited didn't get those things. The bonuses you gained outweigh the CCBs and BWs you lost.

We got to win all those battles? Lame excuse. It doesn't make up for those of us who have spent crystals and real money buying those and other players are now able to level up completely avoiding the need to spend on those materials. The compensation is needed to make it right with the masses.

You act as if F2P players are all of a sudden going to mass R8 and R9 their toons. 🤣🤣🤣 For those that don't spend money, trust me, the CCBs and BW are not the bottleneck for us. You can't expect a refund after you got your money's worth out of gearing a character. Just be happy that you.now have to spend less. If you JUST spend on those mats, well, that's just bad luck on your part.
    THIS! The players who accrued a bunch of R8s and R9s before this new change are being punished. They lost out on a ridiculous amount of bronziums and carbonites.

You had them earlier, thus in fleet arena and grand arena you had a competitive advantage over those without - and were able to unlock better characters (JMK and LV) to have a larger roster - which led to a greater crystal income than it would have otherwise. That's how power creep and availability should work - have a powerful upgrade locked behind a function that intially only those who are willing to invest big into it are able to get, then loosen the requirements over time so that those who couldn't/weren't willing to invest into the upgrade are then able to get it, after those who invested have had their turn on the swings. It's exactly what happens with marquee characters - 3* unlock then either spend crystals to 7* or wait 6 months and farm
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    Now that I think about it, thanks CG for letting me know now that I can't have the Profundity. I was on the verge of spending on some of the requirements but now I won't have to waste that money.

Because of the r9?

Yes
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Promise
    verb

They said details of Phase 2 would be announced after Phase 1 was complete. They can still keep their "promise".
  • _m_
    1 posts Member
    Please let us save a snapshot of our entire roster's mods collectively <3
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Promise
    verb

They said details of Phase 2 would be announced after Phase 1 was complete. They can still keep their "promise".
    They said
    While there are exciting new characters and modes coming, we also have several initiatives from last year to continue to push forward: the next phase of the Gear Intervention, Grand Arena Update, and the Omicron Updates. You will hear from Doja and myself in the upcoming Road Ahead that will cover these next phases for these changes in more detail, what is the next major title update, and more.
    This was in Feb....road ahead came and went...no info on "Gear Intervention"....SotG came and went....no info on "Gear Intervention" Promise broken. Cant save this one pal.
  • Nice to see something actually happening in the game.. Clearly Jabba is a break incase of emergency character, bit like JKL was a few years ago after backlash.

Really wish they would acknowledge the gear crunch/where they are at and take ownership of the words they said, seen lots of definitions on the word promise so I'll avoid that word! However regardless of the definition, when the limited communication they deliver doesn't hold any weight doesn't build much confidence from your customers.

No problem with R9 requirements I think they eluded to this happening before. I wish they would make the materials more accessible by adding a few into lower bands of TW. My guilds been completing crancor for a while now I can still only R8 half a dozen characters.

Mod management is decent but overdue. We shouldn't need a third party tool to do basic things.

In terms of relic materials R5 would have been a fairer starting point to scrap earlier materials. Finally wish they scrapped datacroms but that's wishful thinking!
  • CaesarAM
    246 posts Member
    Would have been nice to wait another week or two to announce this. Let us play with Malgus and feel like we accomplished something before making it feel completely anticlimactic.
  • Screerider
    1333 posts Member
    This was in Feb....road ahead came and went...no info on "Gear Intervention"....SotG came and went....no info on "Gear Intervention" Promise broken. Cant save this one pal.
    ”Promise” lol

Did you call “no take backs”?

• flux_rono
    2108 posts Member
    i dont think i saw this asked anywhere. but please don't make profundity a new top of the top meta fleet that can bearly be beaten on defense like executor was when it first arrived. let it be amazingly easy to beat executor, but still challengable by other fleets without needing a 2-tap or really nice RNG.
  • I_JnK_I
    464 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    emoore123 wrote: »
    bchased64 wrote: »

You act as if F2P players are all of a sudden going to mass R8 and R9 their toons. 🤣🤣🤣 For those that don't spend money, trust me, the CCBs and BW are not the bottleneck for us. You can't expect a refund after you got your money's worth out of gearing a character. Just be happy that you.now have to spend less. If you JUST spend on those mats, well, that's just bad luck on your part.

CCBs and BWs are not the bottleneck? I wish

For r8 that is
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    ”Promise” lol

It’s always enjoyable to see you defend CG even after being proven wrong time and time again.
    It’s not “promise”. It is promise. They did promise changes to the gear economy and never delivered. On top of that they never communicated why it never happened. So regardless of how much you insult other players, it doesn’t change what CG said they would do, never did those things and refuse to communicate why.

So your decision to gear up a guy from r7 to r8 wasn’t worth the 20 carbonite and 30 bronziums you paid that future players won’t have to pay ?
  • I_JnK_I
    464 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    ”Promise” lol

It’s always enjoyable to see you defend CG even after being proven wrong time and time again.
    It’s not “promise”. It is promise. They did promise changes to the gear economy and never delivered. On top of that they never communicated why it never happened. So regardless of how much you insult other players, it doesn’t change what CG said they would do, never did those things and refuse to communicate why.

Did they promise on the next update or did they promise "on a later update"?