MEGATHREAD - State of the Galaxy: July 2022

Replies

• The new Hutt Cartel tag seems like it could become something quite nice, but with Krrsantan's kit showing, it seems that those who do get the tag will have their power so severely gated behind the tag that it's not even funny. I mean, 10% chance to inflict shock if you don't have a HC leader is just... even the beta kits like fisto have better RnG for appliances, like 35% or 40% or so.

A Jabba GL sounds fun, but as i've made it evident in a post some time ago, they will have to make some shenanigans in order for it to work, because as a GL, him being a non-combat type unit is out of the question, which ironically would make the most compelling kit thematic-wise.
  • Jakdnels
    786 posts Member
    Screerider wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    This was in Feb....road ahead came and went...no info on "Gear Intervention"....SotG came and went....no info on "Gear Intervention" Promise broken. Cant save this one pal.
    ”Promise” lol

Did you call “no take backs”?

Whether they promised or pinkie swore or sent by carrier pigeon or said in a twitch stream or, ya know, printed in text in their own chosen method of communication... The State of the Galaxy in their own forum, the fact remains that CG put this out there and failed to follow up on it.

Don't get hung up on semantics. It's a weak argument and makes it clear you don't have anything of substance to back up your position.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    I_JnK_I wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    This was in Feb....road ahead came and went...no info on "Gear Intervention"....SotG came and went....no info on "Gear Intervention" Promise broken. Cant save this one pal.
    ”Promise” lol

It’s always enjoyable to see you defend CG even after being proven wrong time and time again.
    It’s not “promise”. It is promise. They did promise changes to the gear economy and never delivered. On top of that they never communicated why it never happened. So regardless of how much you insult other players, it doesn’t change what CG said they would do, never did those things and refuse to communicate why.

Did they promise on the next update or did they promise "on a later update"?

In the feb SoTG they said…
    “While there are exciting new characters and modes coming, we also have several initiatives from last year to continue to push forward: the next phase of the Gear Intervention, Grand Arena Update, and the Omicron Updates. You will hear from Doja and myself in the upcoming Road Ahead that will cover these next phases for these changes in more detail, what is the next major title update, and more.”

They never touched on the gear changes in the March RA and nothing about it since February. So yes, they did promise more information and updates.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    Godd stuff, I feel like farming again.

Hoping Profundity's ultimate will be something cool ala Executor/Raddus (like Tantive IV leaving the dock ?) and not a boring Home One animation. Same for Jabba, please no more LV/JMK unimpressive ultimates and let's throw someone into the Rancor Pit instead.
  • Screerider
    1343 posts Member
    I'm sure folks are aware of the message board truism that every post has an implied "In my opinion" at the front of it.

Now we can add that posts from CG have an implied "We promise to" at the front. It never occurred to me to read these latest Announcements as "We promise to bring you GL Jabba. We promise to bring you Krrsantin. We promise to bring you Mod UI changes. etc." Just never saw it that way. Maybe it's the way I was raised.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    I'm sure folks are aware of the message board truism that every post has an implied "In my opinion" at the front of it.

Now we can add that posts from CG have an implied "We promise to" at the front. It never occurred to me to read these latest Announcements as "We promise to bring you GL Jabba. We promise to bring you Krrsantin. We promise to bring you Mod UI changes. etc." Just never saw it that way. Maybe it's the way I was raised.

By saying anything is coming to the game, by definition, is a promise. The actual word doesn’t need to be there.

Also, it’s not my opinion, I stated facts.
  • I_JnK_I
    464 posts Member
    I_JnK_I wrote: »
    ”Promise” lol

It’s always enjoyable to see you defend CG even after being proven wrong time and time again.
    It’s not “promise”. It is promise. They did promise changes to the gear economy and never delivered. On top of that they never communicated why it never happened. So regardless of how much you insult other players, it doesn’t change what CG said they would do, never did those things and refuse to communicate why.

Did they promise on the next update or did they promise "on a later update"?

In the feb SoTG they said…
    “While there are exciting new characters and modes coming, we also have several initiatives from last year to continue to push forward: the next phase of the Gear Intervention, Grand Arena Update, and the Omicron Updates. You will hear from Doja and myself in the upcoming Road Ahead that will cover these next phases for these changes in more detail, what is the next major title update, and more.”

They never touched on the gear changes in the March RA and nothing about it since February. So yes, they did promise more information and updates.

Okay i missed that. You are right on that
  • Love the Road Ahead, a bunch seems like it should’ve been implemented a long time ago and still no word about fleet loadouts but that last big post about Datacrons was not a good State of the Galaxy.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

Ooooo imagine if his ultimate summoned the rancor from the raids!
  • Jakdnels
    786 posts Member

No, some things are facts and some things are opinions. Every post in a forum is not an opinion.

CG said they were going to address the gear economy and didn't follow up. That's not disputable.

I think your posts are distracting, off topic and border on trolling, but that's my just my opinion.
  • Screerider
    1343 posts Member
    CG did address the Gear Economy. Core Gear is in much greater supply, to the point other non-Core gear has become the new pain points.
  • Jakdnels
    786 posts Member
    CG did address the Gear Economy. Core Gear is in much greater supply, to the point other non-Core gear has become the new pain points.

Now I'm sure you're trolling. You've been here long enough to know that was the first of a series of gear updates they stated were coming and isn't what we're talking about.
  • Screerider
    1343 posts Member
    Yes, I'm aware. I even itemized the three specific Gear Economy Changes they'd had indicated were left to complete earlier in this thread. They didn't seem all that important to me to be brought up every couple weeks. I doubt they're what people are talking about.

And, as far as I know, there haven't been any specifics announced regarding "Phase 2", what gear or when or anything. "After Phase 1 is complete" is all. Maybe this nebulous object is what has people salivating so. I can't find the energy to get worked up about something I know nothing about.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Yes, I'm aware. I even itemized the three specific Gear Economy Changes they'd had indicated were left to complete earlier in this thread. They didn't seem all that important to me to be brought up every couple weeks. I doubt they're what people are talking about.

And, as far as I know, there haven't been any specifics announced regarding "Phase 2", what gear or when or anything. "After Phase 1 is complete" is all. Maybe this nebulous object is what has people salivating so. I can't find the energy to get worked up about something I know nothing about.
    Those three items left in phase 1 and no info on phase 2 is what we are talking about. I literally posted exactly what they said. We were supposed to get info on in…we haven’t….why, don’t know that either. We want what they stated…it’s not hard.
    The state of the gear-xly is almost a year old at this point.

You don’t have energy to worked up over it, yet you find energy to troll the forums?
  • MemeMaster wrote: »
    The new Hutt Cartel tag seems like it could become something quite nice, but with Krrsantan's kit showing, it seems that those who do get the tag will have their power so severely gated behind the tag that it's not even funny. I mean, 10% chance to inflict shock if you don't have a HC leader is just... even the beta kits like fisto have better RnG for appliances, like 35% or 40% or so.

5 of the current 7 Hutt Cartels are leader. Jabba will be a leader. Sure, if you take him out of faction, his power will reduce. But you really have no reason to take him out of faction.
    A Jabba GL sounds fun, but as i've made it evident in a post some time ago, they will have to make some shenanigans in order for it to work, because as a GL, him being a non-combat type unit is out of the question, which ironically would make the most compelling kit thematic-wise.

“Shoot him”. “Drop her in the rancor pit”. Maybe they are shenanigans, but there’s a large, fun design space available if they choose to use it.
  • Whatelse73
    2146 posts Member
    and Just wait! They will probably add a "hutt cartel" datacron in where Mob Enforcer will have a level 9 and if she goes into a battle alone vs 3 or 5, she will destroy them all, as long as she's relic 7 of course.

Greedo will probably get a level 9 too that's basically "keeps shooting until the timer runs out" or some ridiculousness of the sort based on the stupidity level of current datacrons.
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    You don’t have energy to worked up over it, yet you find energy to troll the forums?
    Yep. While I don't know what's in Phase 2, and neither does anyone else, the constant refrain of "Give us what you promised! Even though we have no idea what that is!" is hilarious. All I can think of is ST:TOS:

you-promised-trelane.gif

• Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Yep. While I don't know what's in Phase 2, and neither does anyone else, the constant refrain of "Give us what you promised! Even though we have no idea what that is!" is hilarious. All I can think of is ST:TOS:

you-promised-trelane.gif

Le sigh.

Let me break it down all simple like.
    1. We want the rest of phase 1 implemented.
    2. We want info on phase 2.

Both of those things, they stated we would get, which, by definition ( even posted that for you ) is a promise. I don’t remember anyone stating anything about wanting phase 2 changes right now, just the info on it. You droning on about the word just shows you have no valid argument.

I don’t understand how you fail to understand.
  • Presumably, it's because I see a difference in a "statement of intention" and a "promise", that's all. A promise implies an obligation of some sort.
  • VladoVDD
    149 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    A truly unique state of the galaxy - you win in GAC and drop in lower division - never saw that in other game
    Gear Economy - a joke - i have 100+ toons blocked by kyros, stun guns and karbantis
    Post edited by VladoVDD on
  • Great news about mods ui rework, long waited change for myself!
    Thank you CG!
  • YodasAdoy wrote: »
    bchased64 wrote: »
    THIS! The players who accrued a bunch of R8s and R9s before this new change are being punished. They lost out on a ridiculous amount of bronziums and carbonites.

Nope. You got to win all those battles that you would have lost had you kept your toons at r7. You got to unlock Exec and LV. Players who waited didn't get those things. The bonuses you gained outweigh the CCBs and BWs you lost.

We got to win all those battles? Lame excuse. It doesn't make up for those of us who have spent crystals and real money buying those and other players are now able to level up completely avoiding the need to spend on those materials. The compensation is needed to make it right with the masses.

You had them earlier, thus in fleet arena and grand arena you had a competitive advantage over those without - and were able to unlock better characters (JMK and LV) to have a larger roster - which led to a greater crystal income than it would have otherwise. That's how power creep and availability should work - have a powerful upgrade locked behind a function that intially only those who are willing to invest big into it are able to get, then loosen the requirements over time so that those who couldn't/weren't willing to invest into the upgrade are then able to get it, after those who invested have had their turn on the swings. It's exactly what happens with marquee characters - 3* unlock then either spend crystals to 7* or wait 6 months and farm

You all are missing the point. So if they removed all gears 1 through 11 requirements for all of the older characters for all new players, you will be fine with that? Making it easier for people to build up their accounts and saving them tons of $ along the way. Of course you're going to feel jipped.
  • YodasAdoy wrote: »
    You had them earlier, thus in fleet arena and grand arena you had a competitive advantage over those without - and were able to unlock better characters (JMK and LV) to have a larger roster - which led to a greater crystal income than it would have otherwise. That's how power creep and availability should work - have a powerful upgrade locked behind a function that intially only those who are willing to invest big into it are able to get, then loosen the requirements over time so that those who couldn't/weren't willing to invest into the upgrade are then able to get it, after those who invested have had their turn on the swings. It's exactly what happens with marquee characters - 3* unlock then either spend crystals to 7* or wait 6 months and farm

That's besides the point. It would be like if they made it so that new players can skip gears 1 through 11 and go straight to 12, saving them a boatload of money to reach where you are, you would be fine with that? That's what I'm trying to get at. You're going to feel like you got jipped. Of course the people, most of whom are replying to me, who didn't pull the trigger on those are going to be okay with this change. But most people probably have less than 10 R8s and R9s so it's not even that ridiculous but those materials add up and can be used to relic up other characters.
  • cboath7
    455 posts Member
    R9 for the ship? So, is this the first character/ship that requires a cash purchase to obtain? One the R9 mats is obtainable by purchase only is it not?
  • GerTarrant
    106 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    YodasAdoy wrote: »

That's besides the point. It would be like if they made it so that new players can skip gears 1 through 11 and go straight to 12, saving them a boatload of money to reach where you are, you would be fine with that? That's what I'm trying to get at. You're going to feel like you got jipped. Of course the people, most of whom are replying to me, who didn't pull the trigger on those are going to be okay with this change. But most people probably have less than 10 R8s and R9s so it's not even that ridiculous but those materials add up and can be used to relic up other characters.

Comparing a couple of gear pieces on 8 or 10 characters to skipping 11 entire gear levels on over 200 characters 🤦🏻‍♂️. Hyperbole is always a sign of a weak argument. I don’t have any R9’s as I decided it wasn’t necessary for me but I don’t regret any of the R8 choices I’ve made as I know that there are many cases where they made a difference and increased my crystal income.

Early adopters in these types of games always pay more, that’s just how they function.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    YodasAdoy wrote: »

I wouldn’t feel cheated because I got more utility out of my characters for much longer resulting in better payouts and rewards and faster roster development as a result. I’ve enjoyed the endgame far longer and have an advantage because of it. It’s natural in a game like SWGOH to ease the progression of older choke points to help new players catch up to l keep the game fresh.

Honestly, SWGOH has been putrid at doing this in so far as they stopped short on their promised gear economy changes and even didn’t do enough with these changes for R8 and R9. The fact we need R8 materials to push R9 is just…..wrong.
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    cboath7 wrote: »
    R9 for the ship? So, is this the first character/ship that requires a cash purchase to obtain? One the R9 mats is obtainable by purchase only is it not?

Territory Wars.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Any idea on when the new ship drops?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • My mods layout hasn't updated yet, has it just not happened yet?
  • Whatelse73
    2146 posts Member
    My mods layout hasn't updated yet, has it just not happened yet?

Coming in a future update, maybe next Wednesday?