[MEGATHREAD] Road Ahead: June 2022 - Datacrons

Replies

• Bearda
    24 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    Me and a friend of mine are debating quitting the game right now after years of play. Only thing keeping us is the fact mods scaled back when they were busted. If a couple more cycles of these datacrons go through we are done and going to marvel. That is our datacron feedback.
  • I_JnK_I
    464 posts Member
    Bearda wrote: »
    Me and a friend of mine are debating quitting the game right now after years of play. Only thing keeping us is the fact mods scaled back when they were busted. If a couple more cycles of these datacrons go through we are done and going to marvel. That is our datacron feedback.

"If I dont get my will, i quit"

Do you want CG to open the door for you too?
  • Current TW no one can successfully beat GLs with datacrons either way. Great invention CG - Star Wars Stalemate
  • Screerider
    1343 posts Member
    We got through a couple LVL 9 Rey Datacrons... took a number of attacks, but better than not.
  • Whatelse73
    2146 posts Member
    Screerider wrote: »
    We got through a couple LVL 9 Rey Datacrons... took a number of attacks, but better than not.

Some of our teams with datacrons held for 5, 8, 10 battles, some of those even with just a GL left for more than a couple.

Hey CG, regardless of the "road ahead" you just talked about, datacrons are still dumb garbage that are excessively stupid and make the game unfun. Please fix your malfunction with them.
  • Does anyone know if if the same materials (e.g. Acumen) will be used for a Set when it is automatically dismantled?
  • Whatelse73
    2146 posts Member
    Does anyone know if if the same materials (e.g. Acumen) will be used for a Set when it is automatically dismantled?

when the set is dismantled, we are supposed to get an amount of materials refunded for the next type of datacrons. I heard if you have a level 9, you'd get back level 6 worth of materials for that new version of datacron.
  • Ghost666
    327 posts Member
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Some of our teams with datacrons held for 5, 8, 10 battles, some of those even with just a GL left for more than a couple.
    Did the attackers also use Datacrons?
    (Really Asking)

• Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if if the same materials (e.g. Acumen) will be used for a Set when it is automatically dismantled?

when the set is dismantled, we are supposed to get an amount of materials refunded for the next type of datacrons. I heard if you have a level 9, you'd get back level 6 worth of materials for that new version of datacron.

So any leftover upgrade materials we have for Set 1 is not going to roll over to Set 4.
  • Whatelse73
    2146 posts Member
    Ghost666 wrote: »
    Did the attackers also use Datacrons?
    (Really Asking)

We believe so because some of our teams with level 6 and 9 datacrons were beaten 1:1, so it's a good likelihood they used a lot for offense. They didn't use many on defense from what I recall.
  • Whatelse73
    2146 posts Member

So any leftover upgrade materials we have for Set 1 is not going to roll over to Set 4.

As I understand it, yes, anything from an expired set of datacrons you didn't use for something disappears. Just the datacron currency doesn't go away.
  • bonanza71
    22 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    Datacrons kill the game. Tw/gac unenjoyable, DC-a extreamly OP, and this mechanism nothing just a totally crystal burning mechanism.
    IMO: don't use it, if possibe....... And let the developers knows.
    RemoveDatacrons or lose a lot of players......
  • Using 3 rerolls to get the EXACT same results is utterly terrible and stupid. If I am rerolling then give me different options ffs
  • I’m not engaging in datacrons, it’s hurting my GAC result of course but at this point I just don’t care anymore. If they don’t remove datacrons from pvp modes the game isn’t worth pursuing anyway. Just hoping enough players do the same to make a difference and force a player friendly course of action from CG.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Why ask questions when you aren't going to read what they say?
    Did you read what you quoted? Have you looked at other launches?

In the past they have included videos for a game update of this size. CG has had staff on various content creators streams to address questions. CG has given more details about changes. This generic level of information with no effort to reach out to the community shows CG's lack of caring about the community response. If the answers provided were so clear, how come they had to open up a Q&A about them after.

My point was, and still is, that they showed no effort to inform the community before the launch. Did they have some effort after a poor reception by the community? Maybe. But overall this was a clear lack of effort to communicate with the users.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Recurve wrote: »
    Using 3 rerolls to get the EXACT same results is utterly terrible and stupid. If I am rerolling then give me different options ffs

but you do get different options and a choice to keep the same one or different ones.......

In the past they have included videos for a game update of this size. CG has had staff on various content creators streams to address questions. CG has given more details about changes. This generic level of information with no effort to reach out to the community shows CG's lack of caring about the community response. If the answers provided were so clear, how come they had to open up a Q&A about them after.

My point was, and still is, that they showed no effort to inform the community before the launch. Did they have some effort after a poor reception by the community? Maybe. But overall this was a clear lack of effort to communicate with the users.

They wrote over 2800 words about datacrons before launch, in a very long Road Ahead post about them. Its not their fault you made no effort to be informed
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
    Using 3 rerolls to get the EXACT same results is utterly terrible and stupid. If I am rerolling then give me different options ffs

but you do get different options and a choice to keep the same one or different ones.......

They are saying the options presented in all 3 re-rolls were the exact same and didn't vary. They were not different options with each re-roll but rather always the same set of 3 each time.

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    EgoSlayer wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

They are saying the options presented in all 3 re-rolls were the exact same and didn't vary. They were not different options with each re-roll but rather always the same set of 3 each time.

ouch that's awful, for sure

They wrote over 2800 words about datacrons before launch, in a very long Road Ahead post about them. Its not their fault you made no effort to be informed

Where in those 2800 words did they say, "here are the list of excessively ridiculous abilities we're adding!" and or identify that you can get 600, 700, 800 health steal? Or that these will apply to GLs and make them even more Meta because they weren't Meta enough? And so on and so on.

They often go into turtle mode and go quiet when they release something that will polarize the players, just the same as here. Crumb was on paternity leave, but no one who actually made a decision to implement this was going to step up and say, "I made the decision for these to be so incredibly excessive. Enjoy!" (Carrie used to actually engage with the community at least, I guess the new person doesn't want to.)
  • They wrote over 2800 words about datacrons before launch, in a very long Road Ahead post about them. Its not their fault you made no effort to be informed
    In November 2019 Road Ahead they announced the Hyperdrive Bundle. On December 3rd they have a follow up post explaining the details. Then they launched it. That only impacted people that bought it and their arena shard. This impacts the time it takes for TW and GAC planning. They spent more effort on a fancy version of a pack.

The March 2022 Road Ahead got a video and it was only GAC quality of life updates, Mace rework, and the Grand Inquisitor. This one had the Grand Inquisitor again and Datacrons. A huge change like Datacrons gets no video? They made a video for Eighth Brother's kit, but not for this. Come on.

And you think I should be happy about 2,800 words? Is the bar really that low? They took the time to explain the basics of a massive overhaul that impact the bests parts of the game. We still don't know if the re-rolls have odds behind them. We don't know the drop rates on Conquest. We don't know if they are listening to our feedback. That is to this day over a month after they announced them. You really want the community to be happy because we got a few paragraphs? That tells you mistreated his community is. CG has not respected the player base, and now it will be worse with their focus on their new game.

My point still stand and your 2,800 words don't disprove it. CG had no effort to communicate this. The didn't put the same effort into this that they did for launching Eighth Brother.

• TVF
    36519 posts Member

Let's see some screenshots.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Whatelse73
    2146 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Let's see some screenshots.

I've had it happen to me a couple times too where I rerolled and got the same two "new" options to choose from. I think it happens more than anyone might realize because there aren't that many possibilities for each level.
  • I had the same options twice. I never tried a third time.
  • Wow my final match this GAC was out of this world. My opponent really maxed out the datacrons and he put 5 GLs on defense plus starkiller and maxed out malgus etc. I have no problem with losing but it has to be fun to play. This is not fun. There’s no feeling of engagement left in GAC if this is what I have to look forward to from now on. Before this I was a kyber 1 player, now I don’t I even think I have the motivation to fight to stay in kyber 2.
  • If it hasn't been said enough, datacrons suck and you need to turn them down from 45,000 to 11. Seriously. And don't wait until you've gathered 18 months of data to figure that out please. It should be enough to see by now how significantly they are impacting the game.

Datacrons are garbage that turn our rosters into worthless garbage because it's all meaningless. No more theorycrafting, just "what datacrons are involved?" How much more 'input' do you need? How many more months of this rubbish because of someone's extreme sports in swgoh idea?

The demotivation level to play, along with spend on the game is shrinking daily.
  • It's now grand stalemate. Everyone puts their gls and datacrons on D and you're lucky to clear 1 zone. T
    This is more fun?

It's just their fault that they made the game worse