The game seems like a lot of fun but starting now seems impossible to enjoy

Tellithowitis
194 posts Member
edited July 2022
Like I said on the title, this game seems amazing to play in the end game, assuming you already have almost every team to gear 13 and relic level 3 and above it would be a blast to play.

Trying all these different teams, theory crafting, being able to select from a large variety of mods etc. Unfortunately for a new player it would take literally years of grinding to get close that. If I started the game now, it could take so long to unlock even 1 galactic legend, let alone characters like Darth Malak and General Anakin Skywalker...

I love watching whales with 4+ years of playing time play the game with such wide rosters available, but for a f2p or dolphin who starts today it's gonna take years to get close to that level of play and that's sad. Furthermore even if someone was hypothetically whaling, 1k+ a month or so, it would still take probably over a year to have a roster full of the best characters in the game.

I know that nobody cares but it's sad that we can't really enjoy the game like that, when there's so many teams a characters from our favorite franchise. If there was a single player version of the game where you can have every character maxed at your disposal to play for fun against other teams that are also maxed it would be so much fun and definitely worth checking out.
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Antario
    996 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    I think you are exaggerating a bit. Sure, it takes time to farm, gear and mod characters. But it‘s not like you have to have all the toons reliced before you start having fun.

Check for farming guides and focus your resources on specific teams. Don’t invest all over the place.

I know, YouTube and twitch are full of videos of counters with reliced toons. But that‘s because content creators are usually endgamers. But you can theorycraft with low level characters/teams (e.g. BB, Iden, troopers etc.). And some content creators are specialized in early and mid games or have alt accounts. You can learn from those.

And finally, as beginner you are not going to PvP against 10 million accounts. There is enough fun for every level while you progress.
  • Lumiya
    1431 posts Member
    Antario wrote: »
    I think you are exaggerating a bit. Sure, it takes time to farm, gear and mod characters. But it‘s not like you have to have all the toons reliced before you start having fun.

Check for farming guides and focus your resources on specific teams. Don’t invest all over the place.

I know, YouTube and twitch are full of videos of counters with reliced toons. But that‘s because content creators are usually endgamers. But you can theorycraft with low level characters/teams (e.g. BB, Iden, troopers etc.). And some content creators are specialized in early and mid games or have alt accounts. You can learn from those.

And finally, as beginner you are not going to PvP against 10 million accounts. There is enough fun for every level while you progress.

While I agree with you in general, there is one point I have to disagree with you and that is pvp against bigger rosters. GAC comes to mind and to some degree TW, but that can be at least softened by/with other guildmates.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    Lumiya wrote: »
    Antario wrote: »

While I agree with you in general, there is one point I have to disagree with you and that is pvp against bigger rosters. GAC comes to mind and to some degree TW, but that can be at least softened by/with other guildmates.

Yes, you are right. PvP against superior accounts can be frustrating if the roster gap is too big. But I would consider it situational.
  • Rius
    356 posts Member
    It maybe the longer you play, you have more fun tools, but I do not think you need to get to end game. Collecting and levelling up is most of the fun in this kind of game. Enjoy the journey.

I understand the issue of larger rosters sinking to lower PVP levels is frustrating, but it is player behaviour and needs to be separately addressed. I hope it will be penalised by less rewards. If players are significantly above average GP in their division (for example 7M in chromium where most used to be 3-4M GP), it would be good to start seeing this reduce their rewards to promote more effort for them to climb and match against a more competitive opponent.

Then you can enjoy the progress of growing your roster and building on success rising in the ranks. Also good to progress doing better in PVE modes, with many milestones to accomplish along the way. I think dissatisfaction at the top is largely because they have lost this aspect of the game, they burn through new releases too fast and there is nothing left to work towards. They tried to replace that with seasonal datacrons but they are not liking that (and that’s a whole other story).