Road ahead for returning player

Perzt
3 posts Member
So, I've been playing now for a month or two after having a break for a couple of years. Stopped playing about when Darth Revan was introduced and I think I had a pretty good roster at the time.

Some guild members recommended me to focus on a GL, so I chose SEE due to having most of the reqs on 7* already, as well as he looks cool... But after a few weeks it felt like I needed to focus on a bunch of other stuff, such as Geos, getting C3PO and specially Darth Revan.

As for a GL, JML now feels like a good pick with my current roster.

There's so many paths to choose from, so any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

https://swgoh.gg/p/583321145/

Replies

• Your big current issue, is lack of relics. If you can't beat their (GAC) best team, it's doubtful you'll win. So, you probably need to work on the teams you have.

You have enough teams to have a good core. So I don't see the need of going for another legend before you go for a GL.

You have 7 or 8 potentially very good teams. Get them up and running and try to work on a GL too. The longer you put off a GL, the more it'll hurt in the future.
  • Perzt
    3 posts Member
    Yea you are painfully correct regarding relics, I'm getting my **** kicked in Br2 atm. Got some +100 speed teams that can cope with few of them, but lacking relics is a big disadvantage.

Guess I'll aim for JML then and relic the toons I already have, with D Revan on farm meanwhile.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Forget about GLs for a while. You need more g13 / low relic toons. If you want a bigger goal, go after General Anakin Skywalker. He's the next best thing to a GL, much easier to get and useful across multiple game modes.
  • Daclif
    27 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    Perzt wrote: »

There's so many paths to choose from, so any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Hi,

after glancing over your roster I propose you following route

First things first
    1. Revan Jedis - entire squad Relic 3
    2. CLS Rebels - entire squad Relic 3
    3. Bounty Hunters - entire squad Relic 3 - Use Jango lead, Bossk, Boba, Zam (give her the Omicron !!) and Dengar as you already have them (you may passively farm Mando while relicing above teams and you could replace Jango, because he also fits well into a Separatist squad, but this is less pressing after you have the above team)

Then in no particular order
    ---
    -Get into any guild and finish your Sith Triumvirate - will do loads of work for you in GAC, Challenges, Conquest - entire squad Relic 3
    -Finish your Nightsisters to G12 (they are a good defensive team and G12 is not too hard)
    -JTR Resistance - entire squad Relic 3 (they are a good defensive team)
    -General Grievous (GG) - entire squad Relic 3 (if possible then take GG to Relic 7) - will do loads of work for you in GAC, Challenges, Conquest
    -Finish your Imperial troopers (farm the missing pieces passively) - entire squad Relic 3, will do loads of work for you in GAC, Challenges, Conquest
    -Use GG to attain Padme and then develop Padme (they are a good defensive team and useful in Conquest) - entire squad Relic 3
    -Finish your Clones - entire squad Relic 3
    -Develop your fleet - I didnt look at your fleet, but you must work along side these as well
    a Thrawn Empire/BH Fleet, a Rebels Fleet and the Negotiator Fleet will fit best into your above roster

Then, when you have finished the whole list, then you start to think about a GL, e.g. SLKR
    You see, you have a wide roster of mostly unuseable squads, because they are ALL undergeared.
    So instead of spending loads of time to get a GL that will only solve one issue for you, instead you fix your roster one leak at a time and you will hence fix loads of issues, instead of just one
    Also remember, a GL is a powerful tool, true, but it intended as a crowning achievement, the cherry toppings if you so will, it is NOT the cake!
  • Perzt
    3 posts Member
    Daclif wrote: »

Hi,

after glancing over your roster I propose you following route

First things first
    1. Revan Jedis - entire squad Relic 3
    2. CLS Rebels - entire squad Relic 3
    3. Bounty Hunters - entire squad Relic 3 - Use Jango lead, Bossk, Boba, Zam (give her the Omicron !!) and Dengar as you already have them (you may passively farm Mando while relicing above teams and you could replace Jango, because he also fits well into a Separatist squad, but this is less pressing after you have the above team)

Then in no particular order
    ---
    -Get into any guild and finish your Sith Triumvirate - will do loads of work for you in GAC, Challenges, Conquest - entire squad Relic 3
    -Finish your Nightsisters to G12 (they are a good defensive team and G12 is not too hard)
    -JTR Resistance - entire squad Relic 3 (they are a good defensive team)
    -General Grievous (GG) - entire squad Relic 3 (if possible then take GG to Relic 7) - will do loads of work for you in GAC, Challenges, Conquest
    -Finish your Imperial troopers (farm the missing pieces passively) - entire squad Relic 3, will do loads of work for you in GAC, Challenges, Conquest
    -Use GG to attain Padme and then develop Padme (they are a good defensive team and useful in Conquest) - entire squad Relic 3
    -Finish your Clones - entire squad Relic 3
    -Develop your fleet - I didnt look at your fleet, but you must work along side these as well
    a Thrawn Empire/BH Fleet, a Rebels Fleet and the Negotiator Fleet will fit best into your above roster

Then, when you have finished the whole list, then you start to think about a GL, e.g. SLKR
    You see, you have a wide roster of mostly unuseable squads, because they are ALL undergeared.
    So instead of spending loads of time to get a GL that will only solve one issue for you, instead you fix your roster one leak at a time and you will hence fix loads of issues, instead of just one
    Also remember, a GL is a powerful tool, true, but it intended as a crowning achievement, the cherry toppings if you so will, it is NOT the cake!

Thanks, that's a great list and looks like a logical way forward.

One question though since I have both Palp and DV reliced, what team would they fit in?
  • Daclif
    27 posts Member
    edited July 2022

Thanks, that's a great list and looks like a logical way forward.

One question though since I have both Palp and DV reliced, what team would they fit in?

They are actually a team on their own, e.g. to take out Geonosians for max banners until you have the Sith Triumvirate ready. Then you can pair them with the Triumvirate as a great Sith team, e.g. against Padme until you have Darth Revan ready. Then you can pair them with DR to take out JKR until you have Mara Jade ready and with Mara Jade you can build a great classic Palp-lead Empire team again
    For now they are also your best Arena squad , pair them with Empire and Sith and you will do fine against comparable GP teams.
    Post edited by Daclif on