What is your GAC Weakness?

For me...I can't shoot layups.

I know based on the board that he's not going to clear my defense and they're not going to clear mine, but I can't help it. Every time I plan for a full clear and sloppily take down something that I should have easily cleared.

I lose that match every single time. Down 2 I'm going for the 3.

Replies

• Night Sisters and Geos.

I underestimate Night Sisters and I overestimate Geos too often by using either too much of a team of too little causing me lost banners.
  • Not caring enough.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Jkane
    220 posts Member
    Being too lazy to check all of my opponent's mods on their defending squads. Costs me on occasion.
  • My weakness in GAC is when I am pitted against someone who has more than a million or more GP than I do and has all 6 GLs, which is 3 times as much as I currently have. It's been happening more and more lately.
  • LordGrahck wrote: »
    My weakness in GAC is when I am pitted against someone who has more than a million or more GP than I do and has all 6 GLs, which is 3 times as much as I currently have. It's been happening more and more lately.
    Have you got a new account?

https://swgoh.gg/p/112153633/gac-history/?gac=109&r=1

Nothing in your recent GAC history resembles your claim.
  • Daclif
    27 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    my weakness is that I am regularly paired against accounts with 1-3m more GP than I have (currently on 3.8m) in Chromium

Please note that doesn't mean that I am losing all time, my last rounds were like 1:2, 2:1, 2:1, 2:1.
    It does mean though, that I can't properly analyze my lost matches, simply because the large disparity is overshadowing everything.
    Most probably I do a lot of things right, otherwise I would not eek out a single win, but like I said it is difficult for me to really understand if and when I made poor decisions.

@DarjeloSalas voila: https://swgoh.gg/p/142831613/ so that you can check

Examples:
    my own GP is 3.8m

in last round I had following opponents:
    5.8m GP - loss, 3.0m GP - win, 6.8m GP - win

In the previous round I had following opponents
    6.4m GP - loss, 5.6m GP - win, 5.8m GP - win

that is certainly within the range of 1m-3m more GP than I have on average
  • Daclif wrote: »
    my weakness is that I am regularly paired against accounts with 1-3m more GP than I have (currently on 3.8m) in Chromium

Please note that doesn't mean that I am losing all time, my last rounds were like 1:2, 2:1, 2:1, 2:1.
    It does mean though, that I can't properly analyze my lost matches, simply because the large disparity is overshadowing everything.
    Most probably I do a lot of things right, otherwise I would not eek out a single win, but like I said it is difficult for me to really understand if and when I made poor decisions.

@DarjeloSalas voila: https://swgoh.gg/p/142831613/ so that you can check

Examples:
    my own GP is 3.8m

in last round I had following opponents:
    5.8m GP - loss, 3.0m GP - win, 6.8m GP - win

In the previous round I had following opponents
    6.4m GP - loss, 5.6m GP - win, 5.8m GP - win

that is certainly within the range of 1m-3m more GP than I have on average
    I’m well aware that GP mismatches happen, and I’m equally aware that despite these large mismatches the lower GP player will still frequently get a win (though largely due to inactivity from their opponent).

• Daclif
    27 posts Member
    I’m well aware that GP mismatches happen, and I’m equally aware that despite these large mismatches the lower GP player will still frequently get a win (though largely due to inactivity from their opponent).

Can you please provide some data to prove your claim that the lower GP players frequently win. That is a bold claim. I say it is the opposite. The lower GP players are at a disadvantage and most likely lose way more often in these mismatches. So please prove your words.
    Moreover mismatches don't just happen, they are regular occurrences. Regular.

Can you please provide some data to prove your claim that the lower GP players frequently win. That is a bold claim. I say it is the opposite. The lower GP players are at a disadvantage and most likely lose way more often in these mismatches. So please prove your words.
    You won some of yours.

I’ll provide proof of lower GP frequently winning when you provide proof that these are regular occurrences
  • Jacgul
    213 posts Member
    Anecdotal still, until enough chime in, I've never had a match less than 1mil gp above me. I'm currently at 1.05mil. Carbonite ranking is a guaranteed lose if my opponent plays.
  • Daclif
    27 posts Member
    Daclif wrote: »

You won some of yours.

I’ll provide proof of lower GP frequently winning when you provide proof that these are regular occurrences

Easy, a short search just in this very forum provides with me a large number of hits if I look for posts about players reporting about their GP mismatches. Given that this forum represents only a small subset of all players we can assume that the real number of GP mismatches is hence much larger. This qualifies for regular occurrences.
    Your turn.

• Lumiya
    1435 posts Member
    It frankly doesn't even matter if people "win" their mismatches if many of those mismatch "wins" only happen because the opponent doesn't play.
    How can something like this even be slighty seen as ok?
    We are all made of star-stuff

You won some of yours.

Easy, a short search just in this very forum provides with me a large number of hits if I look for posts about players reporting about their GP mismatches. Given that this forum represents only a small subset of all players we can assume that the real number of GP mismatches is hence much larger. This qualifies for regular occurrences.
    Your turn.
    Easy.

A short search on this forum sees many people saying that they keep getting matched with people with 1M+ more GP. If it keeps happening, they must win some of those matchups to keep being matched with much bigger rosters.

Bear in mind I said that the lower GP player frequently wins. I think you’ve picked that up as me saying they win more often than not - which is not what I’m saying.
  • Lumiya
    1435 posts Member

You won some of yours.

Your turn.
    Easy.

A short search on this forum sees many people saying that they keep getting matched with people with 1M+ more GP. If it keeps happening, they must win some of those matchups to keep being matched with much bigger rosters.

Bear in mind I said that the lower GP player frequently wins. I think you’ve picked that up as me saying they win more often than not - which is not what I’m saying.

Or they keep being matched up with players that don't belong where the smaller players are? You only see one side... one must be too good/win enough to be matched with bigger players. That's the theory, the reality looks quite different. Enough players in lower divisions/ leagues where they don't belong. Not to mention a win that promotes players just because the opponent didn't show.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Jacgul
    213 posts Member

You won some of yours.

Your turn.
    Easy.

In reality, what happens is these huge rosters fall to the bottom, where I'm at, and then they play. So no, I don't have to ever win to play against them because there's nowhere lower for me to go.
  • Daclif
    27 posts Member

You won some of yours.

Your turn.
    Easy.

The term frequently is exactly implying more often than not. If that is not what you wanted to say, then maybe change your statement to sometimes. Sometimes the lower GP player wins in a mismatched GAC pairing, but certainly not more often than not.

You won some of yours.

Your turn.
    Easy.

The term frequently is exactly implying more often than not. If that is not what you wanted to say, then maybe change your statement to sometimes. Sometimes the lower GP player wins in a mismatched GAC pairing, but certainly not more often than not.
    We are using different definitions of frequently - but if it allows us both to agree I will say “sometimes” the lower GP wins.
  • flux_rono
    2112 posts Member
    my weakness is having 2 GLs vs everyone elses 4-6 (soon 7) GLs
  • How is it a weakness to be in the same bracket as players who apparently have invested a lot more time & effort to build rosters but are just getting the same rewards as you?
    My weakness is for mince pies & sherry but as far as GAC goes it’s probably over relying on Revan to counter Grievous teams & not having enough good alternatives
  • Daclif
    27 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    Wed_Santa wrote: »
    How is it a weakness to be in the same bracket as players who apparently have invested a lot more time & effort to build rosters but are just getting the same rewards as
    I had written this already in my original statement, but I can repeat it. First of all, when CG made the initial GAC chabnge last winter they actually sorted everyone in a bracket based on GP. Players between 3-4m GP (in Nov 21) were sorted into Chromium. Given that more than half a year have passed in the meantime these ranges have certainly been moved up, eg by 20%, so nowadays players between 3.6 till 4.8m might be sorted into Chromium. What I am trying to say is, I am exactly where I am supposed to be given time and effort spent in the game. I am neither doing bad, nor doing good
    Now comes the interesting part, I would like to become better on my current level of historical time and efforts spent. However by continiously being matched to accounts with more resources available (that is the meaning of GP game wise) I have no chance to analyse my gameplay. Did i lose, because i did a real mistake or did I simply never had a chance unless my opponent was not playing? This constant mismatching makes analysing your own game impossible and that is my GAC weakness, I will likely do the same mistakes for a long period of time, because I don't recognise them as mistakes
    Wed_Santa wrote: »
    How is it a weakness to be in the same bracket as players who apparently have invested a lot more time & effort to build rosters but are just getting the same rewards as
    I had written this already in my original statement, but I can repeat it. First of all, when CG made the initial GAC chabnge last winter they actually sorted everyone in a bracket based on GP. Players between 3-4m GP (in Nov 21) were sorted into Chromium. Given that more than half a year have passed in the meantime these ranges have certainly been moved up, eg by 20%, so nowadays players between 3.6 till 4.8m might be sorted into Chromium. What I am trying to say is, I am exactly where I am supposed to be given time and effort spent in the game. I am neither doing bad, nor doing good
    Now comes the interesting part, I would like to become better on my current level of historical time and efforts spent. However by continiously being matched to accounts with more resources available (that is the meaning of GP game wise) I have no chance to analyse my gameplay. Did i lose, because i did a real mistake or did I simply never had a chance unless my opponent was not playing? This constant mismatching makes analysing your own game impossible and that is my GAC weakness, I will likely do the same mistakes for a long period of time, because I don't recognise them as mistakes

I think I get your drift, Sport - but what you’re describing is objective conditions. It can’t be a weakness because it’s the same for everyone. How can a higher roster player know if what they’re doing is any good if they only beat lower roster players? Objective conditions are only a weakness if we start interpreting them subjectively (eg “this isn’t fair… why do I always end up against…” etc). Weaknesses only ever sit within ourselves. The biggest one is probably caring about outcomes. As the Hagakuri says, life is just a headlong dash to an irrational death. Trick is to grab as many mince pies as you can on the way.
  • LordGrahck wrote: »
    My weakness in GAC is when I am pitted against someone who has more than a million or more GP than I do and has all 6 GLs, which is 3 times as much as I currently have. It's been happening more and more lately.
    Have you got a new account?

https://swgoh.gg/p/112153633/gac-history/?gac=109&r=1

Nothing in your recent GAC history resembles your claim.

That's my main account. My alt account is what I was talking about. Sorry for the confusion.

https://swgoh.gg/p/572316659/gac-history/?gac=109
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    ih4i60t1q3u7.jpeg
    My motivation on 3v3.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Kisakee wrote: »
    ih4i60t1q3u7.jpeg
    My motivation on 3v3.
    Thought it was your LS roster?! 😉
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Kisakee wrote: »
    ih4i60t1q3u7.jpeg
    My motivation on 3v3.
    Thought it was your LS roster?! 😉

You're mixing it with the games weakness to require units that i dislike to even own to participate in certain activities.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Apathy