Cheap(er) way to kill Malak

Ghost666
327 posts Member
edited July 2022
On a recent game i got in a situation where my opponent had a full health malak as SINLGE last defender...and i had wasted most "good" teams...
Can someone suggest a "cheap" way to kill a single Malak...i had to do three attempts until i managed to do it...and it costed me the game. Last one was actually a Sith trio...not sure if there are other options...
As a side note...any suggestion on a good team to kill a 3vs3 team with Malak (but not DRevan) without using a "meta" team? (DRevan+Malak will require a "meta" team...fine by me)
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• ....have YOU...."tried".....looking UP:
    https://swgoh.gg/gac/counters/
  • Lumiya
    1431 posts Member
    Ghost666 wrote: »
    On a recent game i got in a situation where my opponent had a full health malak as SINLGE last defender...and i had wasted most "good" teams...
    Can someone suggest a "cheap" way to kill a single Malak...i had to do three attempts until i managed to do it...and it costed me the game. Last one was actually a Sith trio...not sure if there are other options...
    As a side note...any suggestion on a good team to kill a 3vs3 team with Malak (but not DRevan) without using a "meta" team? (DRevan+Malak will require a "meta" team...fine by me)

KRU+ damage dealer like Executioner and maybe FOO are enough. Keep Malak in stun, kick his a** with Executioner and give TM with FOO to KRU so he has his stun ability faster. Hux works also but that way you still have Hux as leader for another team.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Ghost666
    327 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    ....have YOU...."tried".....looking UP:
    https://swgoh.gg/gac/counters/
    Of course i did...but you rarely get a "cheap" alternative in these and it is also not so easy to find a team with MALAK as NON-LEADER :) I do get lots of meta couters to a DRevan lead team...which is exactly what i DON'T need... :)
    The scenario is a team WITH Malak, but not lead by DRevan...and i cannot use a top5 team...
    I have the same team on Defense...but opps also have problems with it...and it is taking a lot of time to get info...for what is worth...one opp used Piett lead with thrawn...at second attempt...and got the win...TBH, not sure how...i usually use Piett in ImpT team and Thrawn with Vader...

• Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    Low gear Sith Trio work wonderfully. Don't do enough damage to trigger Drain Life and you just wait until you get Annihilate. Used to use it frequently against Malaks that were left behind.
  • Ghost666
    327 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Low gear Sith Trio work wonderfully. Don't do enough damage to trigger Drain Life and you just wait until you get Annihilate. Used to use it frequently against Malaks that were left behind.
    TKS. Was actually what i used...but was 3rd attempt...next time i will use it sooner...(was keeping it in case i met geos in the rear)
    Any other alternative welcome...

• Antario
    996 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    JTR R2 BB8

Basically any team with health immunity, stun and TM should be able to take out Malak reliably.
  • Ghost666
    327 posts Member
    Antario wrote: »
    JTR R2 BB8
    Basically any team with health immunity, stun and TM should be able to take out Malak reliably.
    TKS...by the above rationale...i wonder if Wampa (alone) would work?
  • mariogsh
    783 posts Member
    Ghost666 wrote: »
    Antario wrote: »
    JTR R2 BB8
    TKS...by the above rationale...i wonder if Wampa (alone) would work?

Don't even try Wampa

Wampa inflicts DOT's on basic, you don't want to inflict DOT's on Malak, that will trigger fear and you'll never be able to take him down
  • Mandalorian is good, just keep him alive until he can pop Malak.
  • Ghost666
    327 posts Member
    Mandalorian is good, just keep him alive until he can pop Malak.
    Bossk lead (taunt and health)+Boba (Debuffs)+Mando?