Make TW matchmaking like GAC

We’ve discussed this in our guild quite a bit and feel that a skill rating based matchmaking would really improve the TW experience for us. We’re a fairly high GP guild full of fairly casual players and it’s difficult to get the guild very interested in TW because we get matched with way more serious guilds pretty frequently. We often get matched against sandbagging guilds with a huge GP and character advantage. All those problems seem like they’d be solved with a GAC style matchmaking. If you win, you move up the rankings and face other guilds who are winning regardless of their GP, and if you lose you move down to lower rankings or divisions until you settle in to an area where you can be competitive. Sandbagging and really GP become irrelevant. I hope you’re already working on something like this, but if not, please consider it. I think it would be a big improvement and help get the players more engaged in TW, which benefits the game.

Replies

• I'm a big fan of the GAC match making..........however:

The problem with doing it for TW too is that:

A: Guild members change.

B: Not all guild members sign up for a TW.

So the effective power of a guild isn't a constant.

We often get matched against sandbagging guilds with a huge GP and character advantage.

?? This is like you're describing GAC match making, not TW match making. I have a feeling you may not understand the TW match making tbh.

Sandbagging and really GP become irrelevant.

Why would sandbagging become less relevant? I think it would become more relevant (as it has done in GAC).