Datacrons - bigger scam than it looks.

2Next

Replies

• Eyak
    40 posts Member
    RTS wrote: »
    Eyak wrote: »
    I mean...of course it's brought into the game to generate money - the entire game exists to create money. I'm not sure why people have such an issue with this concept?

Read the entire sentence again, and again, and again, till you understand it. I don't have any problems with games trying to generate money, I have a problem with the WAY they try to do it nowadays.

I read it just fine - you didn't specify that anywhere, unless it's the "temporary" whining?

You're also ranting about them focusing on LOTR, despite that being an entirely different team and having 0 impact on this game.

Seriously turn off Ahnald, stay off Reddit, and apply some logic.

So you understood that bit "with much lower dev work cost than introducing anything valuable into game"? I don't think so.
    Different team? Devs get delegated from one project, to another within the same company, the amount working on a game changes, some new people get hired. 0 impact? Hahaha, yea - they hired completely new team, just for that project, thats why the trailer looked like made by interns... and we got no new good content because... Because... Uhm.

I'm ranting bout how little effort is put into making swgoh a better, more interesting game, into attracting new players and making QoL changes.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    I mean...of course it's brought into the game to generate money - the entire game exists to create money. I'm not sure why people have such an issue with this concept?

Read the entire sentence again, and again, and again, till you understand it. I don't have any problems with games trying to generate money, I have a problem with the WAY they try to do it nowadays.

I read it just fine - you didn't specify that anywhere, unless it's the "temporary" whining?

You're also ranting about them focusing on LOTR, despite that being an entirely different team and having 0 impact on this game.

Where did you learn about the seperate team bit? Not a rhetorical question.

Well for starters It's common sense - you don't have developers working on multiple games like that - each game is multiple full-time jobs, this isn't something you can split your time between from a development standpoint. It's also not like they just started working on this this year.

But, there were hirings of a team a while back, and (most importantly) they've said it somewhere in an announcement.

I don't know either way. Obviously one can't work on 2 projects on the coding grunt work, but some roles might be shared. I just thought there was some source stating there are 2 completely seperate teams.
  • RTS wrote: »
    somewhere in an announcement.

Screenie or it didn't happen.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Fair odds or not, datacrons made it so that people that have slaved away getting the same squads together don't have equal chance of success. That's really poor game design. Cash grab or not, they're just bad
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    somewhere in an announcement.

Screenie or it didn't happen.

Feel free to go through and find it - I don't really care whether it's believed or not, they have a separate team for a separate game.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member

Well for starters It's common sense - you don't have developers working on multiple games like that - each game is multiple full-time jobs, this isn't something you can split your time between from a development standpoint. It's also not like they just started working on this this year.

But, there were hirings of a team a while back, and (most importantly) they've said it somewhere in an announcement.

I don't know either way. Obviously one can't work on 2 projects on the coding grunt work, but some roles might be shared. I just thought there was some source stating there are 2 completely seperate teams.

There is somewhere - I'm just not digging through every CG communication I've seen over the past 4ish months to find it.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

There is somewhere - I'm just not digging through every CG communication I've seen over the past 4ish months to find it.

Ok, if you say you saw such a thing, I'll take ur word for it.
  • Eyak
    40 posts Member

When producing a game? No. While having a game on life support and making another one? Oh yes, you can - both by sharing some work and by splitting main team. Devs working on a new content for a game are a fraction of devs needed to make a game, and the amount of manpower dictates the amount and quality of new content. Deadline getting close, devs already crunching? Shift more devs from another project.
    It's on same engine and I bet a lot of basic code was reused.
    You don't need to know the entire game code, to get a task and implement something in another game, with the tech you know. Is it ideal? Nope.
    You look at the code (especially when it's well commented) and you can understand and manipulate it quite easily, haha - a big portion of programming is getting someones code from stackoverflow and fitting it into yours.

Indeed, they started 1+ years ago and we can clearly see it in the lack of new content, that would require a lot of work in wide spectrum of branches.
  • I have 8 datacrons level 3 or higher, between those I did at least 12 rerolls, I only have two +25% tm. Bad luck or lower odds for that one?
  • I have 9 and did 4 rerolls. Have 1 with +25% TM.
    Pretty sure it has lower probability, but nobody knows for sure nor what it is. Know quite a few who have a high hit rate on that modifier though.
  • Can confirm that as well, have rerolled quite a lot and hit 2 times the TM, about 3 dozen times I didnt
  • Rius
    356 posts Member
    It is RNG I have 4, three of which have it. I got it first time on one, re-rolled on two 2/3 times and the fourth I have not re-rolled. Just describing a collection of poor rates does not prove how low the stats are as RNG will massively vary players experiences. Having stats will be an improvement but with gacha elements you just have to roll with the resources you have and either accept what you get and make use of it or pay to improve rolls.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Rius wrote: »
    It is RNG I have 4, three of which have it. I got it first time on one, re-rolled on two 2/3 times and the fourth I have not re-rolled. Just describing a collection of poor rates does not prove how low the stats are as RNG will massively vary players experiences. Having stats will be an improvement but with gacha elements you just have to roll with the resources you have and either accept what you get and make use of it or pay to improve rolls.

Just describing how many you managed to roll doesn't prove it's not low either. What does low even mean? With this amount of samples we surely are not gathering on a roll rate any closer. Due to event being triable only a few times by each player, it's pretty hard to even conduct a study on it...and noone seems to be interested in trying either.

We do know that it's weighted. That's something you can't ignore.
  • Rius
    356 posts Member

Just describing how many you managed to roll doesn't prove it's not low either. What does low even mean? With this amount of samples we surely are not gathering on a roll rate any closer. Due to event being triable only a few times by each player, it's pretty hard to even conduct a study on it...and noone seems to be interested in trying either.

I included my rolls as it appears this thread is accumulating complaints of particularly low rolls and will aggregate a confirmation bias towards a very bad chance of rolling, in the absence of those stats from CG.

I call them low as OP estimates their rate as 0.155%, whereas I got 42%. With out the stats released my rolls could be entirely average or good RNG, but would certainly indicate the OP is having very poor RNG in comparison.

But you missed my main point, invest the resources in your budget and move on if you are unsuccessful. It’s like not getting the datadisk you want in conquest, you just have to work with what you manage to collect.
  • Eyak
    40 posts Member
    edited July 2022

I included my rolls as it appears this thread is accumulating complaints of particularly low rolls and will aggregate a confirmation bias towards a very bad chance of rolling, in the absence of those stats from CG.

I call them low as OP estimates their rate as 0.155%, whereas I got 42%. With out the stats released my rolls could be entirely average or good RNG, but would certainly indicate the OP is having very poor RNG in comparison.

But you missed my main point, invest the resources in your budget and move on if you are unsuccessful. It’s like not getting the datadisk you want in conquest, you just have to work with what you manage to collect.

No, I estimate the chances for that feat at less than 10%, probably around 5%.
  • papaofmom
    163 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    I can add some data to yours:

Out of 12 datacrons that I have level up to >=3 level I have rolled 9 times the +10% turn meter on death, 2 times the protection up and one time +25 turn meter

Out of 10 rerolls (so 20mpossibilities) I have rolled up +25 turn meter 2 times. I haven't counted other but the +10% turn meter on death was the most common for sure.

The sample is really small but my guildiies also have reported similar outcome. Imo they have attached possibilities to feats.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    They said they did...
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I don't know how it can be a bigger scam than it looks, because it always looked like the biggest scam.