Hynsey chat with Crumb 7/28/22

Prev13
Ravens1113
5215 posts Member
WOW, after watching the interview with Crumb it’s confirmed CG doesn’t care about this game or it’s community. Here’s why:

So crumb said that nothing is free in development so integrating changes to squad arena to allow omicrons to be activated and no crystal refreshes or cooldowns isn’t likely is pathetic. You have an easy path to a sandbox mode but won’t do it. It’s a layup of all layups to get endgame to in the game but “money” is the reason it won’t happen LMFAO!

Datacron feedback is being heard. Ok? No mention of implementing it into PVE or cutting out GL’s. Just corporate speak of how the feedback is heard…unreal.

Gear economy changes are “being internally discussed”. How weak and ridiculous. CG made promises on their plan for gear changes a year ago and are now going back on their word. Unreal. Still no official word on the forums but with this interview it’s just kicking the can down the road. No commitment, no info, nothing except saying they still have to push the rest or P1 gear changes.

No update on mod cap increases or fleet loadouts other than it’s on the backlog….

Oh as far as datacrons they won’t stop the unlimited packs for them so whales will continue to get an unlimited advantage over F2P.

The only productive thing we got out of this interview was the potential of Salacious Crumb coming as GL Jaba’s counterpart or his kit.

Hey CG, perhaps listen to your players. This interview showed how tone deaf you are and that you truly don’t care about us, F2P or whales. Wake up. You have invaluable feedback on this forum; or give up on a huge IP and focus on PS1 graphic LOTR, which isn’t going to be nearly as successful given your current beta.

Wake up already.

Replies

• Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Ahhh also those QoL updates for guild officers and leaders, Crumbs “hear goes out to you”

CG doesn’t care. What a joke. Over a billion in revenue and they won’t do anything for their players.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    So crumb said that nothing is free in development so integrating changes to squad arena to allow omicrons to be activated and no crystal refreshes or cooldowns isn’t likely is pathetic.

lol
  • Sazerac
    88 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    Ultra wrote: »
    So crumb said that nothing is free in development so integrating changes to squad arena to allow omicrons to be activated and no crystal refreshes or cooldowns isn’t likely is pathetic.

lol

Lol @ your lol

• flux_rono
    2112 posts Member
    my favorite thing so far was "we needed a place where players could test datacrons" but test omicrons was not something players needed to test when they change units drastically apperently
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    flux_rono wrote: »
    my favorite thing so far was "we needed a place where players could test datacrons" but test omicrons was not something players needed to test when they change units drastically apperently

my heart goes out to players who want to test omicrons
  • flux_rono wrote: »

orson-krennic-star-wars.gif
  • Picollo
    41 posts Member
    Sadly the gear phases will most likely never be implemented at this rate. And tbh I don't have much faith in the relic phase either. If the relic phase is going to be a reality I'm guessing it will be two phases. They will remove the CCB from going between 8 and 9. At the same time relic 10 will be added. After that radio silence till we forget.

Mod improvement will come with 7 dot mods.

In other words nothing is for free.
  • Of course nothing is free but some parts are needed to be done to engage players to be able to monetize other parts more efficiently. Otherwise why bother develop a game at all, just put in a button with an in game purchase of $99 doing nothing. Following CG logic that would be the best course of action.
  • Ultra wrote: »

lol

I’m failing to see what’s funny. CG is refusing to do basic QoL things that could be slam dunks for them PR wise and they won’t do it.

Players are begging for something to do in this game and are begging for a sandbox mode. Guess what? They have it in game and only need to make some small adjustments. Activate omicrons in squad arena, eliminate the limit on battles per day and get rid of the crystal refresh cost. Boom; a make shift sandbox mode that allows people to actually test things out properly with minimal effort; but just like you, CG simply said “lol” at such an easy idea.
  • Always amazes me how CG has been making the wrong decisions for 7 years and continues to keep SWGOH up. They can’t even kill off their own creation. How pathetic.
  • Very powerful the Star Wars license is. Underestimate this point you should not or suffer you clan mates fate you will.
  • Jakdnels
    786 posts Member
    It was disappointing to have the tease of the community manager finally coming out to interact with the community and we got... basically nothing.

Hynesy with Gridan's dad was a much better interview.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited July 2022

lol

I’m failing to see what’s funny. CG is refusing to do basic QoL things that could be slam dunks for them PR wise and they won’t do it.

Players are begging for something to do in this game and are begging for a sandbox mode. Guess what? They have it in game and only need to make some small adjustments. Activate omicrons in squad arena, eliminate the limit on battles per day and get rid of the crystal refresh cost. Boom; a make shift sandbox mode that allows people to actually test things out properly with minimal effort; but just like you, CG simply said “lol” at such an easy idea.

i said lol because CG’s reasoning for not doing it was so silly it made me laugh but a lot of haters that take offense to literally whatever i say and twist it around as if i’m defending them?

i’ve always been pro-let us test omicrons for free without making the actual GAC / TW mode itself as a testing grounds for them
  • GaCvet
    77 posts Member

lol

i said lol because CG’s reasoning for not doing it was so silly it made me laugh but a lot of haters that take offense to literally whatever i say and twist it around as if i’m defending them?

i’ve always been pro-let us test omicrons for free without making the actual GAC / TW mode itself as a testing grounds for them

Not a hater I get what you do here but as of late your main stance seems to be antagonistic and instead of keeping the forum adhering to the guidelines you are the one stoking the fire.
  • Zaph0dd
    181 posts Member
    Nothing is free, yet the loss of players who used to pay now being pushed out of the game due to datacrons must be so financially rewarding.

Wake up, wake up and smell the ashes, Capital Games.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

lol

Well it wasn’t twisted because that’s how it was presented. I’m glad you’re on the side of the players on this one and feel that CG is being ridiculous in the refusal to do literally anything positive for the players that Crumb was asked of last night.
  • Thoeb
    22 posts Member

lol

So, I guess it would probably be super easy to just flip some switches and make it so that we could have more battles per day. But would you make TW omi's active? Or would you do GAC omi's active? Both? Would you add sliders or switches to turn specific ones on or off? As you progress further into thinking about how it would work, you quickly realize it's not as simple as "just turn on omi's in squad arena, CG! What are you even doing?"
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Thoeb wrote: »

lol

So, I guess it would probably be super easy to just flip some switches and make it so that we could have more battles per day. But would you make TW omi's active? Or would you do GAC omi's active? Both? Would you add sliders or switches to turn specific ones on or off? As you progress further into thinking about how it would work, you quickly realize it's not as simple as "just turn on omi's in squad arena, CG! What are you even doing?"

I think if they want the laziest and easiest approach they can enable both TW/GAC omicrons (and TB too i guess) at once, but its not that difficult for CG to do so

lol

I think if they want the laziest and easiest approach they can enable both TW/GAC omicrons (and TB too i guess) at once, but its not that difficult for CG to do so

Both at once would be problematic and would create super teams that exist nowhere else in the game. Imagine a squad with Omicrons on Starkiller, Juhani, and Mara Jade. Yikes.

The most utility would be the GAC ones; in TW we see the same few squads over and over and with a zone of 40 Phasmas or Mara Jades it's relatively easy to experiment (particularly in a one-sided TW).

With GAC the stakes are much higher; one battle is often the difference and that's a net of nearly 1000 crystals at the higher tiers. Being able to ask a shardmate to place Tuskens or Malgus to see what will work and get max banners is super useful.

Perhaps the fear is that more opportunities will expose some of the weaker omicrons and decrease spending. However I see more people in my guild hoarding them because there isn't enough data on how they work or whether they make a difference.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

lol

You literally just have all omicrons active in Squad Arena. They keep their niches for each game mode but all omicrons would work in SA. So the next omicron could read “In Territory Battles and Squad Arena” or “In Grand Arenas and Squad Arena”.

That way people can test things out actually.
  • BeralCator wrote: »
    Both at once would be problematic and would create super teams that exist nowhere else in the game. Imagine a squad with Omicrons on Starkiller, Juhani, and Mara Jade. Yikes.

I don't see this as an issue considering they've moved the crystals out of SA. More like "Cool. This is the only place that team can do that, good on that player for applying all those Omis and having all those random toons at relics."

I mean, you've played against a lvl 9 JML DC in SA, right? That's okay in SA but mixing Omicrons isn't?
  • BeralCator wrote: »

I don't see this as an issue considering they've moved the crystals out of SA. More like "Cool. This is the only place that team can do that, good on that player for applying all those Omis and having all those random toons at relics."

I mean, you've played against a lvl 9 JML DC in SA, right? That's okay in SA but mixing Omicrons isn't?

From the perspective that SA can be a sandbox where I can test out squad comps and counters, yes. I will see Lvl 9 JML DCs in TW and GAC, but I
    will never see a Starkiller squad with both TW/GAC omicrons activated anywhere else. I don't see much value in learning to use or counter a squad that only exists in squad arena.

Cool doesn't equal useful.

If I want to try Starkiller counters, it's sort of important that the squads are identical to what I will see elsewhere.
  • CamaroAMF
    1279 posts Member
    BeralCator wrote: »

From the perspective that SA can be a sandbox where I can test out squad comps and counters, yes. I will see Lvl 9 JML DCs in TW and GAC, but I
    will never see a Starkiller squad with both TW/GAC omicrons activated anywhere else. I don't see much value in learning to use or counter a squad that only exists in squad arena.

If I want to try Starkiller counters, it's sort of important that the squads are identical to what I will see elsewhere.

100% agree with this. Would need some kind of toggle for TW or GAC omicrons active in a particular battle. Otherwise it’s useless.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    CamaroAMF wrote: »

100% agree with this. Would need some kind of toggle for TW or GAC omicrons active in a particular battle. Otherwise it’s useless.

The sad part is that CG basically confirmed that we need a sandbox mode when they put in datacrons in squad arena for us to test them....but, just like classic CG, they stop short of what the community wants.

My heart goes out to the people who blindly follow CG. May you find hope elsewhere!!
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    Sorry but can someone post the vid of this interview ?

Edit: found. For those interested to view
    https://youtu.be/ahXQnjDLJHw
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Fieldgulls wrote: »

My heart goes out to the people who blindly follow CG. May you find hope elsewhere!!
    i see you never read my posts
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    Looooki wrote: »

Edit: found. For those interested to view
    https://youtu.be/ahXQnjDLJHw

6 mins in ... and it seems CG didn't understand the mental load this layer of datacons is affecting TW leaders ... 😮‍💨
  • Thoeb
    22 posts Member
    edited July 2022

lol

And then we're right back to where testing isn't really worthwhile since putting both TW and GAC omi's into the mix ruins the data.

lol

You literally just have all omicrons active in Squad Arena. They keep their niches for each game mode but all omicrons would work in SA. So the next omicron could read “In Territory Battles and Squad Arena” or “In Grand Arenas and Squad Arena”.

That way people can test things out actually.

As others have pointed out, this doesn't really work that well because you'd be going against matchups that aren't possible in either GAC or TW (Starkiller team with MJ and Juhani is the easiest example). All of those omi's combined ruins any testing for both TW and GAC.