help me :(

i’m level 72, but i’m terrible at ship combat in every way. i can’t seem to progress at all through its campaign, and although my fleet power is 44,000, i couldn’t even defeat a 19,000 power team in arena. can someone please help walk me through tips on the fleet? :)

Replies

• At level 72, don't worry about being the Ace pilot of the stars. The mission nodes will still be there later on when you have a solid fleet. Just worry about getting that solid fleet together. One of the best overall fleets are Rebels/Home One. About the only fleet it really can't handle are Executor fleets. Anything else, a well built rebel fleet can take care of. Start working on your rebel ships and pilots. Biggs, Wedge, Cassian, Bistan, Ghost, and Phantom II. Also, start farming your bounty hunter ships so you can unlock the Falcon when you reach max level.
  • starwarsfan144
    7 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    LordGrahck wrote: »
    At level 72, don't worry about being the Ace pilot of the stars. The mission nodes will still be there later on when you have a solid fleet. Just worry about getting that solid fleet together. One of the best overall fleets are Rebels/Home One. About the only fleet it really can't handle are Executor fleets. Anything else, a well built rebel fleet can take care of. Start working on your rebel ships and pilots. Biggs, Wedge, Cassian, Bistan, Ghost, and Phantom II. Also, start farming your bounty hunter ships so you can unlock the Falcon when you reach max level.

oh which bounty hunter ships should i farm?
    i already have ghost, phantom ii, biggs' ship, wedge’s ship, and bistan’s. the squad is pretty good, and i’ve been farming cassian’s ship.
    Post edited by crzydroid on
  • You should start farming Xanadu Blood and IG-2000 now. You can purchase Slave1 in the fleet store. Hound's Tooth is one you want to start farming as soon as possible, but you don't have access to that node yet (it's level limited).

• When you say that you "have" ghost, phantom 2, and Wedge & Bistan, do you mean you have them at 7 stars? You want to take those ships all the way to 7 stars.

And there's a ship that I can't identify because CG thinks you were swearing.

If you have Home1 and those ships, though, you should be winning some battles. Can you please post your SWGOH.gg link so we can examine your pilots and ships? That would help us help you.
  • When you say that you "have" ghost, phantom 2, and Wedge & Bistan, do you mean you have them at 7 stars? You want to take those ships all the way to 7 stars.

And there's a ship that I can't identify because CG thinks you were swearing.

If you have Home1 and those ships, though, you should be winning some battles. Can you please post your SWGOH.gg link so we can examine your pilots and ships? That would help us help you.

to answer your first reply, i’m at level 77 now, and i’ve actually been farming the hound tooth node, but mostly cuz i was trying to level up jango. how do i send the link you’re talking about?
  • oh also i typed b i g g ‘ s ship. not sure why it got censored
  • Natetiffer
    290 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    If you have registered on swgog.gg just send your profile, if you haven't either register or share your ally code.

I agree about farming Xanadu Blood, IG-2000, Slave1 (+purchases) & Hound's Tooth so you can get Han's M F

But you need Han and Chewie as well. The combined experience on the forum is invaluable and there's some very positive advice on offer. Don't forget to check out the ally code sharing post

May The Force Be With You
    Post edited by crzydroid on
    This is the Way
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    edited July 2022
    oh also i typed b i g g ‘ s ship. not sure why it got censored

I'm also confused to why it's censored, but I changed it for you and it seems to accept it (as his name is Biggs anyway, not B i g g).
  • Natetiffer wrote: »
    If you have registered on swgog.gg just send your profile, if you haven't either register or share your ally code.

I agree about farming Xanadu Blood, IG-2000, Slave1 (+purchases) & Hound's Tooth so you can get Han's M F

But you need Han and Chewie as well. The combined experience on the forum is invaluable and there's some very positive advice on offer. Don't forget to check out the ally code sharing post

ok i think my ally code is 444-397-342. i feel like the millennium falcon is sort of a long haul thing, no? i’ve almost unlocked chimaera, because of all the rebel ships i have but still have a little more farming to do for that.

ok i think my ally code is 444-397-342. i feel like the millennium falcon is sort of a long haul thing, no? i’ve almost unlocked chimaera, because of all the rebel ships i have but still have a little more farming to do for that.
    Yes and no….MFalc isn’t immediate BUT if you are doing a Phoenix start it’s likely BHs should be one of your first 3 or 4 teams.
    Phoenix —> Empire —> Rebel/Imperial Troopers
    Side project BHs.

Getting a functioning Imperial Trooper/BH team will let you do Rebel Roundup Assault Battle - first 3 tiers = extra of Rebel ships/shards.
    Getting a functioning Rebel team (CLS) will let you do Military Might Assault Battle - extra Empire shards.

Phoenix/Rebels, Empire and BHs all have ships….
    Between Imperial Troopers and Rebels you can maxout 3 of the 7 ABattles (eventually).
  • quite a few players in my guild have been using rebel fleet for ages, gearing up Bistan and Casian. I especially like the Rebel Y Wing because of it's farming bonus

Hans M-Falc is a great ship, it just takes a bit longer to farm.

@Shadowscream 's advice above will help
    This is the Way

Yes and no….MFalc isn’t immediate BUT if you are doing a Phoenix start it’s likely BHs should be one of your first 3 or 4 teams.
    Phoenix —> Empire —> Rebel/Imperial Troopers
    Side project BHs.

Getting a functioning Imperial Trooper/BH team will let you do Rebel Roundup Assault Battle - first 3 tiers = extra of Rebel ships/shards.
    Getting a functioning Rebel team (CLS) will let you do Military Might Assault Battle - extra Empire shards.

Phoenix/Rebels, Empire and BHs all have ships….
    Between Imperial Troopers and Rebels you can maxout 3 of the 7 ABattles (eventually).

yeah my phoenix team is 6*, and because of that i have a 6* emperor and 6* yoda. haven’t quite gotten 6* thrawn tho, but hopefully i will soon.

as for an empire team, i have 6* emperor and vader both at like 7-8 k power or something. i use a jedi team with bastila shan for my arena team and a sith team for my galactic war battles. nevertheless, if i should be farming empire, which characters would it be best to farm?
  • 9ao3wulew43t.jpeg
    tqay3mlyyqjr.jpeg
    These are required for Sith Eternal GL and Executor. So keeping to these characters, especially the ones that crossover & especially if they have ships. You do NOT need to get them to crazy relics right away, nor do you want to farm rubbish like Krennic until you need to.

EP, Vader, Piett, Thrawn + RG/TFP/Tarkin is a good starter Empire line up.
    Later on you can add Veers, Starck, Range +1 & steal Piett back and have a separate Trooper team
  • Beware the Executor requirements— its 4 star ships to start the event but you need 7 star to unlock (including 7 star Razorcrest). This is not an early game unlock BUT you can see there’s a lot of crossover.
  • dang i haven’t even unlocked relics 😭 this game is so stressful 😭

Don’t worry about relic yet. All I mean by showing you SEE and Executor is that if you do builds an Empire team or BHunter team —> it’s a good idea to work on characters that have some future use too :)

Don’t worry about relic yet. All I mean by showing you SEE and Executor is that if you do builds an Empire team or BHunter team —> it’s a good idea to work on characters that have some future use too :)

gotcha thanks haha. i’ll take any advice i can get. is it possible for you or anyone else to take a look at my current characters and see if i’m at least headed the right direction?