Hynsey chat with Crumb 7/28/22

Replies

• Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    I mean to be fair, not all the omnis are for TW. Some are for GA. But yes, some omnicons are over powered but not unbeatable.

The problem comes with omni stacked with Datacons ... that is a major problem. As each player only have that much resource to go around and match making is horrible... so this "unfairness" escalates more and more

• Gorgus
    122 posts Member
    GaCvet wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    So crumb said that nothing is free in development so integrating changes to squad arena to allow omicrons to be activated and no crystal refreshes or cooldowns isn’t likely is pathetic.

lol

I’m failing to see what’s funny. CG is refusing to do basic QoL things that could be slam dunks for them PR wise and they won’t do it.

Players are begging for something to do in this game and are begging for a sandbox mode. Guess what? They have it in game and only need to make some small adjustments. Activate omicrons in squad arena, eliminate the limit on battles per day and get rid of the crystal refresh cost. Boom; a make shift sandbox mode that allows people to actually test things out properly with minimal effort; but just like you, CG simply said “lol” at such an easy idea.

i said lol because CG’s reasoning for not doing it was so silly it made me laugh but a lot of haters that take offense to literally whatever i say and twist it around as if i’m defending them?

i’ve always been pro-let us test omicrons for free without making the actual GAC / TW mode itself as a testing grounds for them

Not a hater I get what you do here but as of late your main stance seems to be antagonistic and instead of keeping the forum adhering to the guidelines you are the one stoking the fire.

I know that the mods here do it for free and I’m sure it can be stressful/annoying, especially in this community haha. But I agree that mods being antagonistic and mocking players and their concerns is very unhelpful. I’ve seen an uptick in that lately.
  • Not impressed with how CG thinks it is making their clients happy..

Not impressed in how they think that less "engagement" from its clients (less money spent each year) is telling CG to keep pushing "content" and changing "content" (Conquest changes) is the way forward.

Not impressed with the lack of gear changes CG is choosing to not follow through and is too embarrassed admit it..
  • Simple solution for omi testing in squad arena:

1. When TW signup through review is live, GAC omis are disabled and TW omis are active in squad arena.

2. In all other instances, TW omis are disabled and GAC omis are live.

There you go, CG. Make it happen.
  • Crumbs feedback on the impact for CG on the reception of datacron is telling me that they’ll do a major overhaul of them or scrap them entirely. They know they fudged it big time and the “good” thing about them is that they are temporary in nature so it’s possible to phase out without having to refund any money.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    Kudos to Gridan for making very good points.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Kudos to Gridan for making very good points.

You could tell Gridan was holding back so much to try and be respectful and professional with Crumb and had so much more vent about.
  • Crumbs feedback on the impact for CG on the reception of datacron is telling me that they’ll do a major overhaul of them or scrap them entirely. They know they fudged it big time and the “good” thing about them is that they are temporary in nature so it’s possible to phase out without having to refund any money.

sx0fmy4j5m9r.png
  • Thoeb
    22 posts Member
    Simple solution for omi testing in squad arena:

1. When TW signup through review is live, GAC omis are disabled and TW omis are active in squad arena.

So in your scenario, every other week I can't do testing for the events that happen far more often?
  • Thoeb wrote: »

So in your scenario, every other week I can't do testing for the events that happen far more often?

If you can’t figure out GAC omis in between TWs, you should probably just quit the game mode altogether out of embarrassment.

Like really, how much is the GAC omi meta changing from a month to month basis?
  • Granolo
    213 posts Member
    BeralCator wrote: »
    Both at once would be problematic and would create super teams that exist nowhere else in the game. Imagine a squad with Omicrons on Starkiller, Juhani, and Mara Jade. Yikes.

I don't see this as an issue considering they've moved the crystals out of SA. More like "Cool. This is the only place that team can do that, good on that player for applying all those Omis and having all those random toons at relics."

I mean, you've played against a lvl 9 JML DC in SA, right? That's okay in SA but mixing Omicrons isn't?

From the perspective that SA can be a sandbox where I can test out squad comps and counters, yes. I will see Lvl 9 JML DCs in TW and GAC, but I
    will never see a Starkiller squad with both TW/GAC omicrons activated anywhere else. I don't see much value in learning to use or counter a squad that only exists in squad arena.

Cool doesn't equal useful.

If I want to try Starkiller counters, it's sort of important that the squads are identical to what I will see elsewhere.

Or do what most people who use SA to test does, talk to your shardmates to place the specific teams you need to learn how to counter. You're making a problem out of nowhere to justify CG's laziness, what's your problem.
  • Thoeb
    22 posts Member

Thoeb wrote: »

If you can’t figure out GAC omis in between TWs, you should probably just quit the game mode altogether out of embarrassment.

Like really, how much is the GAC omi meta changing from a month to month basis?

People drop different defenses every week and sometimes I don't have the same tools on offense. Seems like it would be nice to have an ability to test stuff on the fly with changing conditions but I guess I should just quit the game out of embarrassment instead. Solid rebuttal.
  • Thoeb
    22 posts Member
    Alright folks, don't try to give any differing opinions or someone will think you're just baiting them and they'll just resort to looking up your .GG to tell you your opinion isn't worth consideration because you're not the top 1%. Have a great day hermit.
  • Thoeb wrote: »
    Alright folks, don't try to give any differing opinions or someone will think you're just baiting them and they'll just resort to looking up your .GG to tell you your opinion isn't worth consideration because you're not the top 1%. Have a great day hermit.

What opinion did you give?

I am having a great day, tyvm.
  • I’ve seen many unpleasant trolls on these forums, but someone who considers saying these things…
    Sounds like you should scout more, or maybe save safer squads for offense. Seems like it would be nice if you could use other tools like swgoh.gg counters or look up videos rather than needing to test stuff on the fly for all possible scenarios. Oh wait, you can do all those things. Maybe quitting the game mode is in your best interest after all.
    Lastly, I don’t see you giving a better suggestion. By all means, present something constructive, instead of thinking your Kyber 2 GAC skillz mean much of anything.
    Are all justified, appropriate responses to someone who says this:
    “So in your scenario, every other week I can't do testing for the events that happen far more often”
    Is on the fast track to living under a bridge.

You might consider this as baiting, but here goes…
    Also, TW > GAC in game importance post-DCs. If CG won’t give a true sandbox mode, then squad arena should give representation to both TW and GAC, probably leaning more to TW.
    I’m intrigued as to your reasoning for saying TW is more important than GAC, and that any system that allows us to test omicrons should lean towards TW.

Why do you think this?
  • Granolo wrote: »
    Both at once would be problematic and would create super teams that exist nowhere else in the game. Imagine a squad with Omicrons on Starkiller, Juhani, and Mara Jade. Yikes.

I don't see this as an issue considering they've moved the crystals out of SA. More like "Cool. This is the only place that team can do that, good on that player for applying all those Omis and having all those random toons at relics."

I mean, you've played against a lvl 9 JML DC in SA, right? That's okay in SA but mixing Omicrons isn't?

From the perspective that SA can be a sandbox where I can test out squad comps and counters, yes. I will see Lvl 9 JML DCs in TW and GAC, but I
    will never see a Starkiller squad with both TW/GAC omicrons activated anywhere else. I don't see much value in learning to use or counter a squad that only exists in squad arena.

Cool doesn't equal useful.

If I want to try Starkiller counters, it's sort of important that the squads are identical to what I will see elsewhere.

Or do what most people who use SA to test does, talk to your shardmates to place the specific teams you need to learn how to counter. You're making a problem out of nowhere to justify CG's laziness, what's your problem.

???

I don't think I made any justification of CG's laziness or have a problem with you or anyone else.

I simply stated that activating both TW and GAC omicrons simultaneously would cause a problem with a few squads like Starkiller or Rogue One. I am all for omicrons in squad arena and I regularly help shardmates by setting specific squads for them to play against - I don't know why you think otherwise.
  • I’ve seen many unpleasant trolls on these forums, but someone who considers saying these things…
    Sounds like you should scout more, or maybe save safer squads for offense. Seems like it would be nice if you could use other tools like swgoh.gg counters or look up videos rather than needing to test stuff on the fly for all possible scenarios. Oh wait, you can do all those things. Maybe quitting the game mode is in your best interest after all.
    Lastly, I don’t see you giving a better suggestion. By all means, present something constructive, instead of thinking your Kyber 2 GAC skillz mean much of anything.
    “So in your scenario, every other week I can't do testing for the events that happen far more often”

Also, TW > GAC in game importance post-DCs. If CG won’t give a true sandbox mode, then squad arena should give representation to both TW and GAC, probably leaning more to TW.
    I’m intrigued as to your reasoning for saying TW is more important than GAC, and that any system that allows us to test omicrons should lean towards TW.

Why do you think this?

That’s simple. You’re always going to settle into a 50% win rate in GAC, it’s basically a fixed crystal income assuming you participate. Investing all your omis into GAC ones will let you punch up a bit, maybe even up a league, but it all reverts back to 50% eventually.

In TW, you can work with your guild to post 75%+ win rates consistently. That 25% additional expected outcome will translate into more gear, more R9 mats, and most importantly, more DC mats. We all know DCs have a greater impact that modding these days, right? That’s what all the complaining boils down to. So more engagement with TW (particularly with omis and presumably TW testing) will lead to better DCs and better DCs will increase performance in TW and GAC.

That is why TW > GAC.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member

I believe their answer was all features are not free and not in the pipe line. Only relaying feedback

Why do you think this?

That’s simple. You’re always going to settle into a 50% win rate in GAC, it’s basically a fixed crystal income assuming you participate. Investing all your omis into GAC ones will let you punch up a bit, maybe even up a league, but it all reverts back to 50% eventually.

In TW, you can work with your guild to post 75%+ win rates consistently. That 25% additional expected outcome will translate into more gear, more R9 mats, and most importantly, more DC mats. We all know DCs have a greater impact that modding these days, right? That’s what all the complaining boils down to. So more engagement with TW (particularly with omis and presumably TW testing) will lead to better DCs and better DCs will increase performance in TW and GAC.

That is why TW > GAC.
    Interesting.

Tell me, can every player work towards 75%+ win rates in TW? Surely that would also settle into a 50% win rate if all players were working towards excelling at TW? I mean, not all guilds can win 75% of their TWs, right?

I also think it’s odd that you want more players to have access to testing out TW omicrons. Surely if more people have access to testing TW omicrons, more people will improve their TW performance and it will be harder for your guild to maintain their 75%+ win rate?

I can understand your point on r9 mats. But the additional gear is negligible for a Kyber 1 roster and the Datacron mats are dwarfed by what you get in conquest.
  • The actual reality of how easy it would be to implement a sandbox mode really shows they don’t care about feedback. They are making this game purely for money and have zero desire to please their customers. As long as they get their paycheck everything else to them in this game is meaningless including us.
  • CG is correct that nothing is free. My boss makes me work for my money so I’ll never give another cent to CG.
    However with the absolute time suck that is Conquest and pure garbage that Datacrons are I’m finding more of my time is free as I can no longer engage with so much of the game.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

a person's .gg tells a lot about their opinions behind their posts
  • Jarov
    13 posts Member

So do the posts mods delete.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Jarov wrote: »

So do the posts mods delete.

Yeah, it says the person likes to break the terms of service
  • Lumiya
    1431 posts Member

What do their .ggs tell?
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • wharp
    210 posts Member
    Unfortunately, the player is not the client, it is a product consumed by companies (Disney / EA / CG) ! Not a charity association !
    The worse, CG is listening to us BUT , they have to answer to EA/Disney, so if you want to change things, you have to speak to the right person/company since EA/Disney ONLY lookup at numbers/datas ...
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    wharp wrote: »
    Unfortunately, the player is not the client, it is a product consumed by companies (Disney / EA / CG) ! Not a charity association !
    The worse, CG is listening to us BUT , they have to answer to EA/Disney, so if you want to change things, you have to speak to the right person/company since EA/Disney ONLY lookup at numbers/datas ...

This is the weirdest logic I've heard. Ofc players are clients. The higher-ups are the bosses. Were they the ones that paid 1b$+ for this product?
  • I_JnK_I
    464 posts Member
    This reminds me of a similar topic from the real life. Something that goes on for about 2 and a half year now.

Pretty sure its just the vibes