Executor Mirror match

Hey everyone, sorry if my question is extremely dumb, but in ship Arena I used to easily win against certain opponents with 4* and 5* Executors when my own Executor was also at that level, but since I got my Executor to 6* I have a way harder time winning against the exact same opponents who are still at the same level 4*/5*, is it normal or am I really that bad ?

Replies

• You’ll be going first now - you’ll need to review your strategy.

Or equip weaker mods on Piett so you still go second.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Yup, need to shift strategy depending on both fleets' capital ship and fighter speeds as well as whether breach and mark land.

Better get used to the various battle flows now because you cannot mod swap to adjust speeds once you are locked in to GAC or TW.
  • harvestmouse
    890 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    I'm in the exact same boat OP! Exact to a carbon copy same boat!!

I just got my Exec to 6 stars and like you I can't beat 4 and 5 star Execs. There's a 4 star I could beat every time as 5 star, now hording MY extra 50 crystals a day!

I really can't get my head around the strat differences here. As a 5 star Exec went first against the 4 star (just like my 6 star now), but I can't win where I could with little difficulty.

Maybe it's starting with the Xanadu Blood with a 6 star that's a bad idea. As that's when it seems to go wrong.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    There are variances in the flow depending on:
    * capital ship speeds
    * fighter speeds
    * breach (which affects fighter speeds and mark)
    * mark

In general:
    * get full 6e mods and low relics on your starting pilots for durability
    * having RC 1 speed faster than XB is helpful but not essential
    * if your capital ship moves first you can AoE+mass assist on their Razorcrest, otherwise you heal your Razorcrest
    * enemy Razorcrest is your first target to eliminate even if you don't land mark or it gets cleansed. AoE and snipe it whenever you can.
    * the mirror is a debuff race - TLs to buff your fighters and debuff theirs, breaches to hit ultimate - so make sure you know which abilities can inflict which
    * your first RI should almost always be Ebon Hawk to disrupt your enemy's TL accumulation giving you an advantage with fighters
    * always use your ultimate the turn it becomes available
  • Thanks all for your replies ! Got some work to do then...
  • harvestmouse
    890 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    The problem is with 'mark' and Xanadu/RC speeds (I believe). So with 5 days of it behind me now, I can see the problems, but unsure how to fix it unless I high relic Beskar Mando, which isn't on my agenda.

Added to that it's a temporary problem, seeing that 7 star isn't far away. I'm guessing it might be the same problem as those that complain that R8 Piet teams can/do do better than R9s.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    The problem is with 'mark' and Xanadu/RC speeds (I believe). So with 5 days of it behind me now, I can see the problems, but unsure how to fix it unless I high relic Beskar Mando, which isn't on my agenda.

Added to that it's a temporary problem, seeing that 7 star isn't far away. I'm guessing it might be the same problem as those that complain that R8 Piet teams can/do do better than R9s.
    Whatever your Executor's power level you are still going to need to be able to fight opposing ships of varying speeds, some faster, some slower.
  • It's spectacularly bad lazy kit design, but that surprises no one. Why do things like slave 1 using the bomb 3 times in a row happen?
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    It's spectacularly bad lazy kit design, but that surprises no one. Why do things like slave 1 using the bomb 3 times in a row happen?

Because it doesn’t happen ? 2 times in a row could though.
  • Since getting my Exec to 6 stars, I haven't beaten any 4 or 5 star Exec in my Ship Arena bracket. If I knew........I'd have waited and jumped straight to 7!
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Since getting my Exec to 6 stars, I haven't beaten any 4 or 5 star Exec in my Ship Arena bracket. If I knew........I'd have waited and jumped straight to 7!
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

Whatever your Executor's power level you are still going to need to be able to fight opposing ships of varying speeds, some faster, some slower.
  • The key with 6* fighting lower stars is to open up with the basic on Hound's Tooth. Do NOT use the AoE because it doesn't dispel the Tenacity Up until it's maxed out. Wait until you've marked down Xanadu or RC before using AoE.
  • Piatz1019 wrote: »
    The key with 6* fighting lower stars is to open up with the basic on Hound's Tooth. Do NOT use the AoE because it doesn't dispel the Tenacity Up until it's maxed out. Wait until you've marked down Xanadu or RC before using AoE.

Do you mean Xanadu Blood? Hounds Tooth doesn't have an AoE. If so then yes I agree.
  • Piatz1019 wrote: »
    The key with 6* fighting lower stars is to open up with the basic on Hound's Tooth. Do NOT use the AoE because it doesn't dispel the Tenacity Up until it's maxed out. Wait until you've marked down Xanadu or RC before using AoE.

Do you mean Xanadu Blood? Hounds Tooth doesn't have an AoE. If so then yes I agree.

No, I mean don't use the Executor AoE/mass swarm. That will feed TM to their HT, and not apply mark because whoever you hit will have Tenacity Up.