Did CG really break their promise regarding gear changes?

Replies

• Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Without even getting into future phases some of the things they specifically mentioned, for example adding more gear to hard nodes to make farming shards better, weren't done

the only notable change for phase 1 that’s left is doubling the gear qty on hard nodes

which helps but barely moves the needle

So why are they holding it back?
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Without even getting into future phases some of the things they specifically mentioned, for example adding more gear to hard nodes to make farming shards better, weren't done

the only notable change for phase 1 that’s left is doubling the gear qty on hard nodes

i wish i knew

They should've at least completed phase 1 completely and then went radio silent on phase 2 instead of going silent in the middle of phase 1 when the only two changes are not going to make a big of an impact (dedicated shard shop slot for stun guns is meh, 2 gear drops instead of 1 in hard nodes is ok)
  • Ultra wrote: »

i wish i knew

They should've at least completed phase 1 completely and then went radio silent on phase 2 instead of going silent in the middle of phase 1 when the only two changes are not going to make a big of an impact (dedicated shard shop slot for stun guns is meh, 2 gear drops instead of 1 in hard nodes is ok)

They should’ve followed through with what they announced and not gone silent. If things changed they should’ve communicated. They’re wrong on all counts with this and nobody is forgetting
  • ziglet
    69 posts Member
    Why does this really surprise anyone.

1. GET1 - after Malak, we were told that we could spend GET1 on gear and that no character would be coming to GET1, enter GAS

2. TW - CG told the community that Territory Wars was just a fun mode and wasn't going to make any changes. Then was changed to the current format

3. Conquest - CG said you could complete conquest with all the energy you would naturally get. Now you need crystal engergy refreshes to complete it. Yes this is a point blank question to Crumb and that was his answer.

4. Ally Points - Ally points were phased out of node completions as it was not going to be used anymore. Then came the Datacron store where it's now 1 of the 3 currencies in it.

I am sure I missed something, but we are still also waiting for HSTR to be simable.

Feel like Captain Renault when I see posts like this
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »

i wish i knew

They should’ve followed through with what they announced and not gone silent. If things changed they should’ve communicated. They’re wrong on all counts with this and nobody is forgetting

"Nobody?" Read the first post. People are starting to forget already.
  • ziglet wrote: »
    Why does this really surprise anyone.

1. GET1 - after Malak, we were told that we could spend GET1 on gear and that no character would be coming to GET1, enter GAS

2. TW - CG told the community that Territory Wars was just a fun mode and wasn't going to make any changes. Then was changed to the current format

3. Conquest - CG said you could complete conquest with all the energy you would naturally get. Now you need crystal engergy refreshes to complete it. Yes this is a point blank question to Crumb and that was his answer.

4. Ally Points - Ally points were phased out of node completions as it was not going to be used anymore. Then came the Datacron store where it's now 1 of the 3 currencies in it.

I am sure I missed something, but we are still also waiting for HSTR to be simable.

Feel like Captain Renault when I see posts like this
    1. This didn’t happen. Can you find the dev posts that stated this?

2. This didn’t happen. Can you find the dev posts that stated this?

3. Can you find the question and answer from Crumb, please?

4. Ally points have always been used for bronzium purchases, and have also been usable in weekly shipments for well over a year.

I feel like I’m in the fiction section in the library when I see posts like this.
  • FofoBett wrote: »
    Having a Phase 1 sort or implies a phase 2...we've have phase 1 but no phase 2. I still think CG could surprise us??? ****FB sings - if you wish upon a star- ******

Phase 1: Apply initial gear changes to help players

Phase 2: ???

Phase 3: Profit
  • Gorgus wrote: »
    From my POV, CG created this firestorm not through what they did or didn’t do in game, but entirely as a product of poor communication. I think the gear economy changes they made last fall were a pretty big deal and have made a positive impact. If they had phrased it at the time as, “We are making this change, and may look to make further enhancements in the future based on what we observe in the gear economy”, none of this firestorm happens. But instead they were very specific about a Phase 1 and a Phase 2 and discussed timelines “in the near future”.

It seems clear now that they were pretty happy with the impact of the first round of changes and rethought the idea of adding more changes at this time. Which is fine, except they never told us that, and the players were waiting for action on a specific plan that they put out to us. Here we are almost a year later, and they have never addressed it other than an offhand remark by an employees in a booth at a convention and very vague comments by a community manager in a YouTube interview. A classic example of an “unforced error” which could have been easily avoided through communication.

1000% this.
  • Winterwolves
    1717 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    Deleted

• I thought the standpoint is 'It's not on the cards, but never say never.' Regarding GETs.
  • StarSon wrote: »

1: That’s the thing, I did ask players who were around when GAS was released. I asked me, all my guild mates, shard mates and several others. We remember the frustration of the grind (I was someone who unlocked GAS first time and took another 6 weeks to take him to 7*). But none of us remember CG telling us to spend our GET freely after we got him. Which is why I asked you for more definitive proof than just “ask anyone”.

I agree - you have no reason to fabricate anything, which is why I’m calling you out for doing so.

I am almost positive they have said this, but it was well after GAS, not between Malak and GAS. I am not sure I could find a dev post if I tried, so I will not, but I continually get mocked for my steadfast refusal to drop either GET1 or GET2 below 70k because CG said there was no need to hoard the currency that will never be used for a GAS/Malak type again.
    My instinct is that we have never definitively been told that GET1 or GET2 will not be used for a new character or ship. Like harvestmouse says, I think Crumb may have told us it wasn’t on the horizon, but there is no post stating clearly and indisputably that this currency will not be used in this manner ever again.

Ziglet alleges that this was said, and that it was said after GAS’s release and before Malak’s. The burden of proof lies with him - if a post was made, he should be able to find it. Failure to do so, or refusal to do so is basically him accepting he made it up.
  • I watched a stream (it may have even been the same stream the informative OP's post is about). Where the topic of GETs was brought up.

Immediately Crumb's facey crinkles said 'Don't even go there!'

From what Crumb said he alluded 2 things:

1. He'd tried to give advice on this topic before and it went sour.

2. He was unwilling to give definitive advice on GETs now.

Which means 2 things.

1. There was some misunderstanding in the past on the topic.

2. There's no definitive advice on whether to save or spend them now.
  • If they had any intention on relieving the gear crunch, they would have done something about the Mk 3 Carbanti crunch. There are loads of old character who need bushels of it and they keep on making new ones which need lots as well. Darth Malgus, a brand new character, needs 450 of them - the most of any gear needed. If they increased the rate on the challenges that might present some relief.

Have they said anything about this one aspect?
  • nottenst wrote: »
    If they had any intention on relieving the gear crunch, they would have done something about the Mk 3 Carbanti crunch. There are loads of old character who need bushels of it and they keep on making new ones which need lots as well. Darth Malgus, a brand new character, needs 450 of them - the most of any gear needed. If they increased the rate on the challenges that might present some relief.

Have they said anything about this one aspect?

Still silence..

It's almost as if CG wants to sweep those expected Gear changes under the rug and hope we forget about them.

NOT GONNA HAPPEN.
  • The fact that you need 100 kyrotech to finish the final bottom right piece of gear 12 for every single character is such a pain in the **** when everything now requires gear 13 and relic 3-7 to unlock.
  • The fact that you need 100 kyrotech to finish the final bottom right piece of gear 12 for every single character is such a pain in the **** when everything now requires gear 13 and relic 3-7 to unlock.

I totally agree on how annoying it is that CG created 'another' (and in my opinion worse gear crunch. I even made a thread on it!). However, it's not relevant to the easing of 'basic' gear.
  • They did give Carbantis a boost with the Phase 1 changes they made, just not as much of a boost compared to the other 4 pieces. The other four got added to Daily Challenges, while Carbantis already were part of them.
  • Screerider wrote: »
    They did give Carbantis a boost with the Phase 1 changes they made, just not as much of a boost compared to the other 4 pieces. The other four got added to Daily Challenges, while Carbantis already were part of them.

100% agree and CG knows this..
  • Kripty
    202 posts Member
    SotaDraken wrote: »
    Screerider wrote: »
    They did give Carbantis a boost with the Phase 1 changes they made, just not as much of a boost compared to the other 4 pieces. The other four got added to Daily Challenges, while Carbantis already were part of them.

100% agree and CG knows this..

Oh for sure. I’ve always taken note of the carbantis drops and it’s never been better.. always averaging the same rate.

What boost
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member

the problem is they added relic 9 and didnt make getting to gear 11 and 12 easier.

bare min at this point i shouldnt have trouble getting a brand new character to gear 11 day 1. that means stunguns, carbanti and golden eyes should be super easy to get daily without targeted farming.

from what ive seen, golden eyes... much easier... stun guns... not really but part of them are good. carbanti is the issue.

we need way more of those daily to fix the issue.

get me everything for gear 11 and get it so where im swimming in it
  • I agree that we should be able to get to g12 easily, and let the grind start at g12+ and g13, that's specially needed for newer players.

Even more now where everything new is getting gated by relic level. Conquest, Proving Grounds, Datacrons, etc. This is specially a problem for newer players.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »

What boost
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/250664/road-ahead-october-2021

In Daily Quests and Galactic Challenges.

Ravens1113 wrote: »

What boost
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/250664/road-ahead-october-2021

They made the difference in rewards below the red crate less steep, but any guaranteed carbantis from GCs weren't difficult to obtain. So really it's just the daily quest, which has a chance of carbantis.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member

What boost

lol thats not much of a boost.

again i should be able to get to gear 11 without farming on new characters... and that means i should be swimming in the needed gear. at any given time i should probably have 300 carbantis on hand..

considering how many are needed per character, that means full pieces a day seems about right

What boost

That’s not a boost really. It’s a small
    Percentage chance to get them in the daily prize box….semantics though? Fine we got a “boost”. We got a 20% chance to get between 4-7 mk3 carbs each day if we finish our dailies….woo hoo
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member

What boost

That’s not a boost really. It’s a small
    Percentage chance to get them in the daily prize box….semantics though? Fine we got a “boost”. We got a 20% chance to get between 4-7 mk3 carbs each day if we finish our dailies….woo hoo

Yeah iy really doesnt even make a noticable dent in the problem
  • I never said it did.
  • Just going to throw this out there…

More than one poster in this thread has stated that they “should be able to get to g11” (some have even stated g12) instantly on any character.

Why? What’s the basis for this? We’re all playing a resource management roster progression game, and I’m confused as to why some players are so adamant that they can self-ascribe the point at which gearing a new character becomes non trivial. And that, because the devs don’t share your arbitrary view, they are some sort of horrible evil monster.

Right now I’ve got 31 g12 toons, 9 g11 toons and 31 at g10 or lower. All the rest are g13 (that’s 157 toons). @ShaggyB @Granolo - do you really think it’s a travesty that I have 31 (for Shaggy) or 40 (for Granolo) characters that aren’t already at g11/12?

There must be around 4000 players in my position, who have all 6 GLs unlocked but don’t have absolutely everything in their roster at g11/12 minimum.

And before anyone leaps in with hackneyed accusations of “defending CG”, I’m 100% in agreement that they should follow through on announced gear economy changes. I just think the extent to which some forumers think this should reach (like being able to instantly take any character to g11 or g12) is ridiculous.
  • Just going to throw this out there…

More than one poster in this thread has stated that they “should be able to get to g11” (some have even stated g12) instantly on any character.

Why? What’s the basis for this? We’re all playing a resource management roster progression game, and I’m confused as to why some players are so adamant that they can self-ascribe the point at which gearing a new character becomes non trivial. And that, because the devs don’t share your arbitrary view, they are some sort of horrible evil monster.

Right now I’ve got 31 g12 toons, 9 g11 toons and 31 at g10 or lower. All the rest are g13 (that’s 157 toons). @ShaggyB @Granolo - do you really think it’s a travesty that I have 31 (for Shaggy) or 40 (for Granolo) characters that aren’t already at g11/12?

There must be around 4000 players in my position, who have all 6 GLs unlocked but don’t have absolutely everything in their roster at g11/12 minimum.

And before anyone leaps in with hackneyed accusations of “defending CG”, I’m 100% in agreement that they should follow through on announced gear economy changes. I just think the extent to which some forumers think this should reach (like being able to instantly take any character to g11 or g12) is ridiculous.

In any progression based game like SWGOH, as new tiers of progression come out, older ones become more trivial to where gear becomes abundant beyond reason.

Take MSF for example. Last year/18 months ago, Purple Gear to get to G12 was a pain. It was scarce and a burden. As new progression tiers were added, more gear came out and there were more choke points added while older ones were relieved with new farming sources and more availability to where we are swimming in that purple gear. I could have all of my roster to G12 if I wasn’t using the gold Or the training mats to further more important characters to G16/17 etc.

The bottom line is that CG to this point hasn’t done anything besides the first part of P1 to ease the gear crunch. They have one of the worst progression systems in that you need old gear to progress to G12. Then at G12 you need new types of gear and unique gear (fine). Then at G12.5 you need the old OG gear as well. Then at G13 and relics you need a new gear (signal data) and other relic scrap pieces that you can only get (aside from paying crystals, minuscule amounts in events and of course money) by scrapping old gear. So you need that gear 3 times at different points.

They promised changes and never delivered. They have done barely anything to ease these issues and Meathead just said that another promised changed (mod economy and R8/R9 for lower relic scraps has no release date).

They’re going back on promised gear relief and even the promised relief was only just the start of what’s been overdue for years.