Kit Reveal: Ben Solo

Prev134
CG_Tusken_Meathead
331 posts EA Community Manager
[Developer Insights - Kit Reveal ]

UNIT NAME: Ben Swolo
ALIGNMENT: Light
CATEGORIES: Light Side, Attacker, Unaligned Force User
A powerful Force user whose internal struggles have long placed him on the edge of light and dark

ABILITIES:

BASIC: A Shadow Within
gvendidqtcvv.gif

Final Text:

Deal Special damage to target enemy and inflict Defense Down for 1 turn. If the target enemy is a Tank, this attack deals 100% more damage. If the target enemy is an Attacker or Support, inflict Offense Down and Potency Down for 1 turn. If the target enemy is a Healer, inflict Speed Down for 1 turn.

SPECIAL 1: Obscured (Omicron) - Cooldown: 4
lqjj103eswn5.gif

Final Text:

Deal Special damage, remove 100% Turn Meter and, if there is any version of Rey in the allied Leader slot, Blind target enemy for 2 turns. Gain Offense Up for 2 turns.

While in Grand Arenas if all allies were Light Side at the start of battle: When this ability is used, Ben Solo's cooldowns are reduced by 1. If Galactic Legend Rey is in the allied Leader slot, this attack instead deals true damage and inflicts Healing Immunity for 4 turns, which can't be copied, dispelled, evaded, or resisted.

SPECIAL 2: Family Legacy (Zeta) - Cooldown: 4
k4vcm79rapsc.gif

Final Text:

Deal Special damage to target enemy and inflict Armor Shred until the end of the encounter. If allies were Light Side at the start of battle, dispel all buffs from all enemies and deal true damage again to all enemies. All allies gain 5% Turn Meter (max 25%) for each enemy damaged by this ability.

If this ability defeats an enemy, Ben Solo gains 10% Offense (stacking, max 50%) and all other Light Side allies gain 5% Offense (stacking, max 25%) until the end of battle.

This attack can't be evaded.

UNIQUE: (Zeta) (Omicron) Redeemed

Final Text:

At the start of battle, if all of Ben Solo's allies were Light Side and there is any version of Rey in the allied Leader slot, Ben Solo gains 15% Max Health and 10 Speed for each Light Side ally (excluding summons). Ben Solo ignores taunt effects during his turn.

While in Grand Arenas: Ben Solo's attacks ignore Protection.

Unique 2 - Force Dyad (Zeta)(Omicron)

Final Text:

If all allies were Light Side at the start of battle and there is any version of Rey in the allied Leader slot, all allies gain Instant Defeat Immunity for 1 turn at the start of each encounter, which can't be copied, dispelled, or prevented. While Ben Solo is active, Rey can't be defeated. Ben Solo can't be defeated while Rey is above 50% health.

While in Grand Arenas, if Galactic Legend Rey is in the allied Leader slot: If the enemy in the Leader slot begins their turn with Ben Solo defeated and Ben still has an active ally, he revives with 51% Health and all allies gain Instant Defeat Immunity for the rest of the encounter, which can't be copied, dispelled, or prevented.

Replies

• LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    AWWW snap!!!

Think you misspelled his name ;)
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • We haven't had a Light Side Conquest Character since Commander Ahsoka Tano, and that was in May of 2021
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    8a20z86o35zb.png

What surprises me the most is that this and future lifter units will have omicrons
  • Ultra wrote: »
    What surprises me the most is that this and future lifter units will have omicrons

Yes - how long now before CAT / Maul get Omicrons.
  • What is this joke... running out of character ideas?
  • … dang it I was enjoying my semi-retirement but this looks cool.

Oh right, I don’t have Rey. Carry on!
  • Will the revive be affected by GAS lead or Jango/Boba kill? or will he not revive like normal?
  • These attack animations look like they were made by 2 dudes in a basement
  • Ok he seems interesting. The animations are so lazy though.
  • These attack animations look like they were made by 2 dudes in a basement
    Friends of yours?
  • Any plans to make Omicrons more available? I'm super excited for Ben but with every new character having an Omi-level ability and Conquest/JG characters requiring three it's a lot. I've spent exactly 20 and I only have 98 on hand.
  • In the force dyad unique, does the Rey that can't be defeated include all versions of Rey, just GL Rey, or just the Rey in the lead slot mentioned earlier in the paragraph?

I would think just GL Rey (because that is her whole name in game), except that in the following omicron paragraph, it is spelled out as specifically GL Rey there, casting doubt on the meaning in the previous paragraph.
  • turgeon2000
    81 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    Imagine being a GL and then you Redeem yourself thinking your gonna be better, but you become just a Conquest Unit with Omicron :D
  • Dmitry13 wrote: »
    Ok he seems interesting. The animations are so lazy though.

Nah, have you seen his actual fight choreography in the movie? These are better 🤣
  • In the force dyad unique, does the Rey that can't be defeated include all versions of Rey, just GL Rey, or just the Rey in the lead slot mentioned earlier in the paragraph?

I would think just GL Rey (because that is her whole name in game), except that in the following omicron paragraph, it is spelled out as specifically GL Rey there, casting doubt on the meaning in the previous paragraph.

Any Rey in the lead slot. Dev Insight post has it written more clearly:
    "While Ben Solo is alive, any version of Rey in the Leader spot can't be defeated. Ben Solo can't be defeated while Rey is above 50% health"
  • His kit looks like its specifically made to counter JMK with the turn 1 instant defeats to make CAT opening useless and the protection ignore.

His animations are very lazy tho. Aside from his shrug on his 2nd special, his animations are pretty **** basic and reused.

If you need to make a character that shuts down another's mechanic this blatantly, it means the character this is supposed to counter is too broken but you outright refuse to nerf them. Bias this obvious is very insulting.
  • What is instant defeat immunity?
  • DarthHakim wrote: »
    What is instant defeat immunity?

Can't be killed by CAT's leap, Annihilate, Disintegrate etc.
  • Snoke confirmed!!!

(Next conquest toon to lift SLKR)
  • DarthHakim wrote: »
    What is instant defeat immunity?

It's what 50R-T has. It means things that instantly defeat enemies don't work on them (like Nihilus' "Annihilate", Commander Ahsoka Tano's "Force Leap", and Grand Inquisitor's "Ready to Die".
  • wildnz
    254 posts Member
    So CG... about all those nerfs to True damage to protect the future of the game ..."Certain ability Upgrades will change Special Damage to True Damage"
  • Snoke is next for SLKR
  • I realy hope he has bad stats because with everything he has he clearly doesnt seems tested.
  • Omilek wrote: »
    I realy hope he has bad stats because with everything he has he clearly doesnt seems tested.

“Glass cannon”
  • Interesting kit. Just a quick point of clarification... for his ability Family Legacy, does it mean to say, "If all allies were Light Side at the start of battle..."??

Ty
    Ally Code 285-115-111
  • Good thing the ai will make sure Rey goes under 50% health on her own.
  • Gurken wrote: »
    Nah, have you seen his actual fight choreography in the movie? These are better 🤣

A bunch of bad guys just hanging around looking pretty waiting for the designated next in line to do a move. Sounds like the movies to me 😀
  • Me: Too busy to conquest this time
    CG: Ben Solo

Why CG why
  • Can we please stop with the triple omicron business?