If you don't like datacons...

Prev1
Don't use them. CG obviously doesn't care how much we complain or what feedback we give. They only care about numbers. If we complain but still use them, what's their incentive to remove or even change them? Actions speak louder than words.

I tried them. I don't like them. I've stopped using them. I've removed them from my Squad Arena team and my GAC defense. I ask my GAC opponents to do the same.

Sure whales are going to whale on them and use them. Fine. Let them fight each other. I'm going to lose to someone who whales on datacons anyway. There's no way I'm putting any money or other resources into temporary upgrades.

Personally, I think it's insulting and disrespectful to the player base to expect us to rent upgrades for a mobile game.

Even if CG won't get rid of datacons, we can still be civilized as a community and not use them.

Be the change you want to see.

Replies

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    wry6soc2wuto.jpeg
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Have fun losing!
  • Thank you, OP. We never would have been matched up knowing your attitude, but I’ll still give you kudos for making it easier for your opponents to beat you all the same.
  • It would be nice to know what the weighted chances of rolling bonus abilities in each Datacron set are since they vary for each bonus mechanic.
  • Thank you, OP. We never would have been matched up knowing your attitude, but I’ll still give you kudos for making it easier for your opponents to beat you all the same.

Maybe his opponent feels the same way and they were able to have a gentleman’s agreement. Many people do hate them. Maybe they did it just on defense. You don’t know.
  • I did the same thing with GLs when they first came out. I always DM'd my opponent and asked if they wanted a gentleman's agreement to not set GLs on defense. Most agreed. Sometimes I got backstabbed, but at least I still had my Rey for Offense if my opponent lied and put theirs on D. Better than us both getting blocked.
  • StAugJames wrote: »
    It would be nice to know what the weighted chances of rolling bonus abilities in each Datacron set are since they vary for each bonus mechanic.

Thing of it is, you get so much reroll materials that I’ve never had a problem getting one datacron with the stuff I want on it. Now obviously not EVERY datacron will have that, but it only takes one.
  • I did the same thing with GLs when they first came out. I always DM'd my opponent and asked if they wanted a gentleman's agreement to not set GLs on defense. Most agreed. Sometimes I got backstabbed, but at least I still had my Rey for Offense if my opponent lied and put theirs on D. Better than us both getting blocked.

But you eventually got over the GL issue and played to the best of your abilities, GLs on offense and defense, right? Same thing I’d bet with current DC haters and the passage of time.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    NicWester wrote: »
    wry6soc2wuto.jpeg

i love this
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    wry6soc2wuto.jpeg

i love this

It's a truly beautiful, versatile comic, yes.
  • Don't use them. CG obviously doesn't care how much we complain or what feedback we give. They only care about numbers. If we complain but still use them, what's their incentive to remove or even change them? Actions speak louder than words.

I tried them. I don't like them. I've stopped using them. I've removed them from my Squad Arena team and my GAC defense. I ask my GAC opponents to do the same.

Sure whales are going to whale on them and use them. Fine. Let them fight each other. I'm going to lose to someone who whales on datacons anyway. There's no way I'm putting any money or other resources into temporary upgrades.

Personally, I think it's insulting and disrespectful to the player base to expect us to rent upgrades for a mobile game.

Even if CG won't get rid of datacons, we can still be civilized as a community and not use them.

Be the change you want to see.

I'm right there with you. I tried them and absolutely hate them. They've ruined the strategic competitive nature of the game, and made everything I've done over the last 6 years irrelevant. I refuse to engage with them at all unless there's drastic changes.
    This game used to be fun for me, now I wonder what's the point when an under skilled player can just get lucky and win with a temporary boost.

Boycott Datacons!
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    I mean they literally cost you nothing. Just work the couple you get free and don’t worry about it.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Have fun losing!

With or without datacrons scoundrels are outmatched by force users, so nothing changed for me, why bother?
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Have fun losing!

With or without datacrons scoundrels are outmatched by force users, so nothing changed for me, why bother?

Have a second team.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Have fun losing!

Have a second team.

Datacons provide zero incentive to gear up a team though, because by the time your team is ready the datacon has expired.
  • Granolo
    213 posts Member
    Luckily at Kyber 4 and 3 most people don't seem to engage with Datacrons. I don't place them on defense either, only have a couple of lvl 3 that I use on offense if i'm not sure about a counter, with trash bonuses because of the awful RNG.

Still, I get why people are mad about them, some people enjoy the competitiveness of the game, yet there's no chance on remain competitive at the top level if you're not whaling on Datacrons.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Have fun losing!

Have a second team.

Datacons provide zero incentive to gear up a team though, because by the time your team is ready the datacon has expired.

*rubs forehead temples*

Datacrons. Are not. Why. You. Build. Two. Teams.
  • Lumiya
    1431 posts Member
    Have fun losing!

Have a second team.

*rubs forehead temples*

*rubs forhead and then temples*

You. Don't. Need. Every. Character. At. Relic. Levels. In. A. Squad. For. It. To. Work. Perfectly. Fine.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • herd_nerfer
    1746 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    Lumiya wrote: »
    Have fun losing!

Have a second team.

*rubs forehead temples*

You. Don't. Need. Every. Character. At. Relic. Levels. In. A. Squad. For. It. To. Work. Perfectly. Fine.

Don't you though? Can you even equip a DC with characters in the squad under R3?

4y1n90ndu4fb.png

F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Lumiya wrote: »
    Have fun losing!

Have a second team.

*rubs forehead temples*

Don't you though? Can you even equip a DC with characters in the squad under R3?

4y1n90ndu4fb.png

That's their point - there are many, many teams that don't need to be at R3 to be effective. And the short term of Datacrons doesn't make it worth the investment in bringing the characters to R3+ over other characters that are more needed/useful at R3+ in their teams in perpetuity without a Datacron boost. It's a poor choice to allocate the resources just to complete R3 for a Datacron team.
  • It's not necessarily a poor choice, IMO. Sure each set is short lived, but every lvl3 in every set can be used on some full R3 team, either light or dark.
  • I wish they only lasted for a few days.
  • Datacons provide zero incentive to gear up a team though, because by the time your team is ready the datacon has expired.
    But then you'll be ready the next time a set for them comes around.
  • Screerider wrote: »
    But then you'll be ready the next time a set for them comes around.

Or not.
  • Also a choice
  • My point was that there is no datacron that helps, for instance, Separatists. So are you saying that you shouldn’t bother working on Separatists? There are no First Order datacrons, so ignore them?

You build teams because they’re good. Or because you like them. There are a lot of reasons to work on teams that are more important than”because there’s a datacron.”
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    I ask my GAC opponents to do the same.

Lol wut?
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Granolo wrote: »
    Still, I get why people are mad about them, some people enjoy the competitiveness of the game, yet there's no chance on remain competitive at the top level if you're not whaling on Datacrons.

You're not staying competitive at the top level without whaling anyway, so the complaining is moot.
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    RTS wrote: »
    Granolo wrote: »

You're not staying competitive at the top level without whaling anyway, so the complaining is moot.

I would absolutely challenge this statement. There are plenty of non-whaling players in top 100 (not me). But with DC it's getting very very difficult.