Conquest on august is mean for some people

Prev1
Greetings ppl at cg and fellow players. I am a player like many, not a whale, not a dolphin sometimes i spend some money on plancton too. At 8,5M I struggle to remain competitive.
I am also 46, a husband and a father of two.

That said, placing a Conquest, a pivotal event for high-end players and wannabes, on August is really a hard blow. Some of us have families. Kids. Husbands or wives. People that once a year want to be taken to a nice holiday and deserve our full, undivided attention.
The majority of holidays are taken in July and August: would you be so kind as to postpone the conquest and avoid a de facto discrimination against us family-challenged people?

Thanks anyone for their thoughts.

Replies

• Greetings ppl at cg and fellow players. I am a player like many, not a whale, not a dolphin sometimes i spend some money on plancton too. At 8,5M I struggle to remain competitive.

That said, placing a Conquest, a pivotal event for high-end players and wannabes, on August is really a hard blow. Some of us have families. Kids. Husbands or wives. People that once a year want to be taken to a nice holiday and deserve our full, undivided attention.
    The majority of holidays are taken in July and August: would you be so kind as to postpone the conquest and avoid a de facto discrimination against us family-challenged people?

• ………
  • lol
  • I think we need to make a “satire” section for posts like this @Ultra

I also have a wife and two kids along with 3 dogs, 4 cats, 5 micro pigs, and 6 orchids. I can still find time to play, regardless of month, day, or occasion.
  • Greetings ppl at cg and fellow players. I am a player like many, not a whale, not a dolphin sometimes i spend some money on plancton too. At 8,5M I struggle to remain competitive.

Funnily enough, I’m 46, a husband and a father of two.

We took a holiday in April, which also coincided with a conquest. That’s discrimination too, right?

We took a holiday in April, which also coincided with a conquest. That’s discrimination too, right?

I am
    Happy you took a vacation in April. However you are still on the edges of the gauss curve. I don’t know in your county, but in mine and many others schools in July and especially August are closed, therefore vacation is “mandatory” because we have no one that is able to watch over our kids.

I am sincerely happy you could take vacation time in April when there is less people around and traveling is less expensive: however most of us simply do not have that option.

I am
    Happy you took a vacation in April. However you are still on the edges of the gauss curve. I don’t know in your county, but in mine and many others schools in July and especially August are closed, therefore vacation is “mandatory” because we have no one that is able to watch over our kids.

I am sincerely happy you could take vacation time in April when there is less people around and traveling is less expensive: however most of us simply do not have that option.
    I’m a teacher. There’s always lots of people when I go on holiday, because I’m not allowed to take them at other times.

I thought you were being funny with this post, but now I’m fearful that you mean it.
  • Salatious_Scrum
    2309 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    So if I get into a really bad car accident and I’m no longer physically capable of playing during recovery, I can petition CG to cancel August’s Conquest? Because if CG were to continue it discriminates against those in hospitals that are unable to play.

I’m sure plenty of people have gone on vacation with little to no internet so they’re unable to play. Should all game events be on pause for them?

Can you see how silly that sounds?
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    If you want to take a few days off from the game, and want to catch up on things that you miss, you pay for it

That's what money buys you, extra time / making up lost time
  • If you have the money to go on holiday, you have the money for the Conquest ++ pass and the crystal refreshes to still red crate in one week instead of two. That or just buy the shards in the packs/crystal shipments when they are put there.

Would it blow your fragile mind to know that players exist with family obligations that don't have the discretionary income to go on holiday? They might be single parents or have families with special needs, and they still either manage to find time to play after handling professional and family obligations, or they realize that recreation is just that, and not having everything day one is completely fine and normal. They are not on here making threads about how "it's not fair."

You wanting to have your holiday cake and eat it too is an embarrassing level of entitlement.

Yeah, this game is only played in the northern hemisphere, and only by people affected by school terms in the USA. Let's change the calendar to further suit those people.
  • Oh no! It's AUGUST!!!!
  • I_JnK_I
    464 posts Member
    Greetings ppl at cg and fellow players. I am a player like many, not a whale, not a dolphin sometimes i spend some money on plancton too. At 8,5M I struggle to remain competitive.

Yeah, this game is only played in the northern hemisphere, and only by people affected by school terms in the USA. Let's change the calendar to further suit those people.

Lets just plan all events for this man. I mean, he has a family to feed and spend time with
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    I mean, arguably you'll have more time to play. You already find time to play between family time and work. Now you have more family time, but no work time. You'll be okay, I promise.

For one, if your family demands all 24 hours of your time for your entire vacation you need to establish better boundaries. Everyone needs time for themself.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member

Wow and I thought I was old.
    I am.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Screerider wrote: »
    Oh no! It's AUGUST!!!!

Any month can be August at CG.
  • AlexanderG
    1927 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    And of there's wasn't a Conquest in August then some players would probably complain about that too. 🤷‍♂️
    Post edited by AlexanderG on
  • Can we delay it slightly longer as I am 51 and getting slower year by year, so it takes me longer to do anything, also don't get me started on having to remember things and when to log in etc ? LOL
    If you prioritise playing a mobile game over a holiday with your family, in a time that has made that difficult due to restrictions to a lot of people, i think a revaluation of what is important to you is in order
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Not sure if satire or just trying to immediately win the "most ridiculous complaint of the month" award...
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Quesovercoatl
    85 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Not sure if satire or just trying to immediately win the "most ridiculous complaint of the month" award...

didn't know there was a "most ridiculous complaint of the month" award , whats the rewards??
    i'd be up for entering that competition

EDIT @Legend91 do you mind if i set his up as a separate post ? its a great idea, i think it may be a fun thread something like "most ridiculous complaint of the month" award, you win 1 million internet points to spend on whatever you like
  • It's a valid question imho, but August is mostly a "holiday month" in the northern hemisphere, and mostly in western parts I guess. The problem really is that Conquest as such sucks. Especially f2p toon farming in conquest. Especially during your vacation
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    The very fact that such a request exists in the forum shows exactly how much this game (and conquest in specific) has degenerated into something close to a real job for many people, something you desperately need to have a break from like actual work!

Imho THAT is the "most ridiculous" and saddest part of the whole discussion and a real tragedy for this game.
  • I see that I completely failed to convey my point. Thanks everyone for the harsh words and bitter thoughts 😂😂
  • I couldn't play many gac rounds in july because I prioritized spending the day at the beach with the family. I'm struggling to climb again, but I'm happy. It was well worth it. Even if I end up falling to aurodium, family>games.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    I see that I completely failed to convey my point. Thanks everyone for the harsh words and bitter thoughts 😂😂

Could you clarify your point then?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I have enjoyed this thread - and appreciate that it didn’t get overly salty (yet)! My septembers are really busy with work…I will find a way to grind through the conquest though even if that means I don’t spend as much time curating mods or reading this forum.
    I think the real point of this post is that missing one key event in a game like this can be stressful. We need to remind ourselves that we aren’t playing this game on rails though. We can take breaks and come back and maybe be behind on Ben Solo - but you should be able to get him one month later- and that is a pretty good compromise I think.
    We are past the days of an event dropping every 6 months or so (I can’t remember the cadence) and needing to get every prerequisite done beforehand.
    Cheers everyone - and enjoy your summer vacations and family’s if you are fortunate enough to have them :)
  • I don’t know why people answer so harshly to his topic or thought he was joking. It looks like a genuine question and i agree CG should do lighter content in August or postpone their conquest. I also have a kid and go in vacation in August so i completely understand what the poster means. Maybe all the harsh answers are from some people with no kids in their 20s or 30s who just finished college
  • As a stay at home parent, this thread is hilarious. How can someone expect to look after their family while having fun and play Conquest?!
    You're not being discriminated against; what an asinine claim.
  • Can I please be given all 6 GL’s? Between work and relaxation time I find it hard to get all 6 GL’s. For free, of course