Maul goes the way of CAT?

With Ben Solo coming is Maul no longer available for purchase any where? Going to be an event like CAT?

Beating a dead horse but man this ram rods lower gp players. I got about 100 shards of each of these characters in conquest. Saw what happened with CAT and how I won’t be able to unlock for about a year. Been spending crystals on Maul. (Obviously didn’t unlock or I wouldn’t be writing this.) So now its two characters necessary for GLs to be competitive we can’t have when many unlocked from 0-330 shards in a few months?

Replies

• Yes. Maul will join CAT and RC as a tier in proving grounds. Maybe there will be some other way too, like RC is in a store.

This is their intention, to pressure people into building up their roster quickly to be able to complete hard conquest. It is what it is.
  • Maul was released on August 30, 2021 (according to https://wiki.swgoh.help/wiki/Maul).
    This means he should be added to the Proving Grounds event during the month of September.
  • Rius
    361 posts Member
    I know players who managed to pick CAT up by crystals but you would need to consistently do that from when they are available, particularly F2P. I almost managed it but started too late and I missed out. I had to bloat 600k GP in a month to finish up in the next two PG. I had a lean roster so could activate many characters I was not previously using. It was a pain for resources but now I can do hard conquest I am getting shards at a higher rate with the same squads.

How far are you from the GP gate?
  • Jedi Master Kenobi and Lord Vader aren’t intended to be among the first GLs players should be acquiring.

Their steep requirements are a clear indication they’re meant mainly for players that have been playing a lot longer. The number of R8’s are just one thing, plus some of their requirements themselves are grinds too.

If you have a lower GP, there are more accessible GLs you should probably get first
  • Yes. Maul will join CAT and RC as a tier in proving grounds. Maybe there will be some other way too, like RC is in a store.

This is their intention, to pressure people into building up their roster quickly to be able to complete hard conquest. It is what it is.

Which I’m fine with RC because I can also pick it up other ways. Even crystals would be great for me. But CAT is just MIA the entire month except when I can get a whopping 20 shards in august…. AND you need 4 mill GP which isn’t an issue for me but it is for guild mates that have GL kenobi unlocked but can’t get CAT
  • Jedi Master Kenobi and Lord Vader aren’t intended to be among the first GLs players should be acquiring.

Their steep requirements are a clear indication they’re meant mainly for players that have been playing a lot longer. The number of R8’s are just one thing, plus some of their requirements themselves are grinds too.

If you have a lower GP, there are more accessible GLs you should probably get first

I have one GL, LV. I have guild mates sub 4mill GP with GL kenobi. You’re saying is we should only farm old crap instead of top tier arena/GAC/TW toons 😂😂. Why waste our time and energy? So we are just always so far behind the eight ball we’re worthless?
  • There are some gates you can’t buy your way past
  • Sing_mana wrote: »
    There are some gates you can’t buy your way past

I’m practically f2p. So I expect this to fall on deaf ears anyways.
  • Maul was released on August 30, 2021 (according to https://wiki.swgoh.help/wiki/Maul).
    This means he should be added to the Proving Grounds event during the month of September.

cat was in may but got proving grounds in April if I recall. so maul could be this month as well. but not likely
  • cboath7
    459 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    Sing_mana wrote: »

Well, except that's exactly what they want you to do. Literally. Fork out enough cash to make the 4M GP threshold, so yeah, you literally can buy your way past it. They never said it wouldn't take a crapload of cash, but again, that's the whole point. That's why i have a problem personally with sticking people in the same boat. You can't start today and get to K1 inside of year, for example, unless you want to spend more than the GDP of a small country. But, that's another issue all together. The point remains, you can get past any 'wall' they through up if you have deep enough pockets - or mommy/daddy's credit card has a big enough limit.

I say that with the gate being not having access to the event, not that you have to wait for the event to roll around often enough for the shards. I don't have access to the event, but i'm stunned there's not like a like 2000 crystal refresh on it or something. That sounds exactly like their standard MO. Maybe they can monetize it further by sticking a refresh on it that says $5? But maybe we shouldn't give them more stupid ideas.

I mean, they let people take Executor (and i'm sure Profundity will work the same) all the way to 7* day one if you had the crystals and time to refresh it enough. Odd this would get mega-gated.

I have one GL, LV. I have guild mates sub 4mill GP with GL kenobi. You’re saying is we should only farm old crap instead of top tier arena/GAC/TW toons 😂😂. Why waste our time and energy? So we are just always so far behind the eight ball we’re worthless?

Except they aren’t old crap….
    SLKR - easily counters LV with NSisters. Can complete all 4 phases of HSTR, useful in CRancor, Can complete CT3 of an ABattle. FO can be split into TWO teams that both can 4/4 phase 4 of DSTB
    JML - at R9 is arguably the most powerful GL. Splitting JMK and JKL = two teams that 4/4 all phases of Geo LSTB. Again can CT3 an ABattle
    SEE - solos multiple teams in GAC, can beat GL Rey with a support unit like Wat. 4/4 in Geo DSTB. Overlaps with Excecutor requirements + the easiest requirements of any GL
    Rey - at high Offence is an absolute monster. Rey + Armorer can duo multiple teams. With Ben Solo might well be the strongest GL.

If I was starting again I’d 100% be heading for SLKR then SEE then Executor (cross over with SEE reqs).
  • Alijar1
    381 posts Member
    I hope that Maul gets another farming location and isn't locked to challenges like CAT, it's ridiculous having to farm a character like that for a measly 20 shards every month. It'd be like if Wicket and Talzin stayed as event only farms back in 2017, as I mentioned in my post about this matter.
    You can't use the gp or money gap excuse either when Razor Crest, another Conquest unit, has three separate farming locations and is required for a legendary unlock
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • Bahahaha. I save 12k crystals to finish off Maul and they only allow two refreshes 😂😂😂. Fml and ftg
  • StarSon
    7421 posts Member
    Jedi Master Kenobi and Lord Vader aren’t intended to be among the first GLs players should be acquiring.

Yes, you should be farming "old crap" first. Doesn't mean you have to, which you obviously know since you didn't. But you made it harder on yourself and restricted your roster for your choice to go for LV first. Your game though, gotta play it how you want.

Except they aren’t old crap….
    SLKR - easily counters LV with NSisters. Can complete all 4 phases of HSTR, useful in CRancor, Can complete CT3 of an ABattle. FO can be split into TWO teams that both can 4/4 phase 4 of DSTB
    JML - at R9 is arguably the most powerful GL. Splitting JMK and JKL = two teams that 4/4 all phases of Geo LSTB. Again can CT3 an ABattle
    SEE - solos multiple teams in GAC, can beat GL Rey with a support unit like Wat. 4/4 in Geo DSTB. Overlaps with Excecutor requirements + the easiest requirements of any GL
    Rey - at high Offence is an absolute monster. Rey + Armorer can duo multiple teams. With Ben Solo might well be the strongest GL.

If I was starting again I’d 100% be heading for SLKR then SEE then Executor (cross over with SEE reqs).

I demolish every GL except Luke, Kenobi, and LV + maul. But you’re right, I should spend the next 6 months to a year getting SLKR or some **** so by then. He’s even worse and further nerfed as the power creep continues. I hope so badly that Jabba absolutely smashes every GL just as the ultimate fu to the players and universe. 😂😂
  • Tiig
    296 posts Member
    With Ben Solo coming is Maul no longer available for purchase any where? Going to be an event like CAT?

Beating a dead horse but man this ram rods lower gp players. I got about 100 shards of each of these characters in conquest. Saw what happened with CAT and how I won’t be able to unlock for about a year. Been spending crystals on Maul. (Obviously didn’t unlock or I wouldn’t be writing this.) So now its two characters necessary for GLs to be competitive we can’t have when many unlocked from 0-330 shards in a few months?

the guys who unlocked 0-330 in a few months are the ones who already have pretty much everything else done - which is how they were able to unlock it in a few months. Are you seriously complaining that, as a non-endgame player, it takes you longer to unlock endgame toons? Maybe you can use the intervening time to get your roster to a point that matches those of the guys who unlocked straight away.
  • Tiig
    296 posts Member
    cboath7 wrote: »
    Sing_mana wrote: »

Well, except that's exactly what they want you to do. Literally. Fork out enough cash to make the 4M GP threshold, so yeah, you literally can buy your way past it. They never said it wouldn't take a crapload of cash, but again, that's the whole point. That's why i have a problem personally with sticking people in the same boat. You can't start today and get to K1 inside of year, for example, unless you want to spend more than the GDP of a small country. But, that's another issue all together. The point remains, you can get past any 'wall' they through up if you have deep enough pockets - or mommy/daddy's credit card has a big enough limit.

I say that with the gate being not having access to the event, not that you have to wait for the event to roll around often enough for the shards. I don't have access to the event, but i'm stunned there's not like a like 2000 crystal refresh on it or something. That sounds exactly like their standard MO. Maybe they can monetize it further by sticking a refresh on it that says $5? But maybe we shouldn't give them more stupid ideas.

I mean, they let people take Executor (and i'm sure Profundity will work the same) all the way to 7* day one if you had the crystals and time to refresh it enough. Odd this would get mega-gated.

why *would* you be able to make K1 inside of a year? Why *should* you? The guys in K1 are the ones who have been playing for 6 yrs, or going hardcore for a long time, and you think someone comes in and after a year should be competitive with them?