[MEGATHREAD] Road Ahead: June 2022 - Datacrons

Replies

• Ultra wrote: »
    Recurve wrote: »
    Using 3 rerolls to get the EXACT same results is utterly terrible and stupid. If I am rerolling then give me different options ffs

but you do get different options and a choice to keep the same one or different ones.......

and these options are weighted. Don't forget that little gem. So the really good option you want, you aren't likely to get. Buried in the Q&A, its complete ****.

ri2f3i4i08ue.png

Yep weighted as in the good stuff is less likely to roll. By design and WAI to push spending on data-CONS.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    We still don't know if the re-rolls have odds behind them.

We do know for the mechanics (Levels 3, 6, 9). They admitted they were weighted in the Q&A. Nobody read it.

So from that, assume the best mechanics will not drop as often as the crap ones.

Once you are on that page, its a slippery slope on what else is weighted in this game.....

Shard drops, gear drops etc pretty much anything could fall under the guise of server side weighting logic.

As self stated, this is a slippery slope argument. No, once you know that one thing is weighted, it doesn't automatically mean anything else is weighted, especially given that those other things are well sampled by community to show no such thing.
  • Datacrons are literally ruining this game. Please redact these so we can play the game we love. Its just bad. Theres nothing good about it. Address the actual issues we’ve been bringing up for YEARS. Like the gear crunch. Or GAC matchmaking being WAY WORSE now than it EVER WAS. Or the fact that there are still mod locks on characters under G12. These arent even the biggest issues but what we DIDNT NEED, was another paywall. Like come on. Datacrons are bad for the health of this game as a whole. Please do something about it.
  • You're not going to believe this, but the people on the forums are being overwhelming negative about something

2 months later hopefully now you see why.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »

We do know for the mechanics (Levels 3, 6, 9). They admitted they were weighted in the Q&A. Nobody read it.

So from that, assume the best mechanics will not drop as often as the crap ones.

Once you are on that page, its a slippery slope on what else is weighted in this game.....

Shard drops, gear drops etc pretty much anything could fall under the guise of server side weighting logic.

As self stated, this is a slippery slope argument. No, once you know that one thing is weighted, it doesn't automatically mean anything else is weighted, especially given that those other things are well sampled by community to show no such thing.

If you believe that only Datacrons are weighted, I think you are providing the benefit of the doubt where it not earned, nor deserved. I'm not that gullible. The only reason probabilities were listed on packs was it was a legal requirement. Datacrons have people spending in game resources and money for those resources. Where are the probabilities for Datacrons? Where is a response from CG, clearly stating the "odds" for each different aspect of the game? Blind trust is something nobody should employ.

I don't believe anything in particular. I work on evidence and evidence collected by the community in incredibly large samples is there, just waiting for you to search for it instead of preemptively believing something ;)
  • MaruMaru wrote: »

If you believe that only Datacrons are weighted, I think you are providing the benefit of the doubt where it not earned, nor deserved. I'm not that gullible. The only reason probabilities were listed on packs was it was a legal requirement. Datacrons have people spending in game resources and money for those resources. Where are the probabilities for Datacrons? Where is a response from CG, clearly stating the "odds" for each different aspect of the game? Blind trust is something nobody should employ.

I don't believe anything in particular. I work on evidence and evidence collected by the community in incredibly large samples is there, just waiting for you to search for it instead of preemptively believing something ;)

And it's well documented that every drop has a weighted percentage of appearing, so I'm not sure what you're arguing.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    EgoSlayer wrote: »

And it's well documented that every drop has a weighted percentage of appearing, so I'm not sure what you're arguing.

Not sure what you mean by weighted. Gear/shards drops are a flat percentage. Weighted means out of numerous options, some of them would have different percentages. Like in mods speed rolling less than other stats. Or in other cases weighted can mean the rates dynamically change depending on where you are. Do you think things like that are happening?

Only other that I know that's weighted is value intervals of the mods. i.e. +3,+4,+5,+6 speed has different chances of rolling.
    Post edited by MaruMaru on

Not sure what you mean by weighted. Gear/shards drops are a flat percentage. Weighted means out of numerous options, some of them would have different percentages. Like in mods speed rolling less than other stats. Or in other cases weighted can mean the rates dynamically change depending on where you are. Do you think things like that are happening?

Only other that I know that's weighted is value intervals of the mods. i.e. +3,+4,+5,+6 speed has different chances of rolling.

Weighted means not equal chances. All the drops are weighted by class of item, shards, gear types, etc. They are not individually weighted (e.g. Admiral Raddus shards drop at the same rate as 50R-T, but are at a different rate than the gear types on their nodes), except in packs.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

Weighted means not equal chances. All the drops are weighted by class of item, shards, gear types, etc. They are not individually weighted (e.g. Admiral Raddus shards drop at the same rate as 50R-T, but are at a different rate than the gear types on their nodes), except in packs.

Items in the nodes aren't weighted against eachother. They have their seperate droprates. All gear have the same droprates (meaning they are not weighted differently) and it doesn't matter if the node has more than 1 type of gear or shards involved. %33 for shards and %20 for gear. Do we agree on this?

If we do, this doesn't have much to do with post I responded to which claims that since different options in datacrons are weighted, anything else in the game can as well be. What does that mean you think?

Items in the nodes aren't weighted against eachother. They have their seperate droprates. All gear have the same droprates (meaning they are not weighted differently) and it doesn't matter if the node has more than 1 type of gear or shards involved. %33 for shards and %20 for gear. Do we agree on this?

If we do, this doesn't have much to do with post I responded to which claims that since different options in datacrons are weighted, anything else in the game can as well be. What does that mean you think?

I hope you don’t blindly believe nothing else in game gets weighted probabilities other than packs and Datacons. Perhaps gear drop rates are a static number or maybe not. We don’t know the full extent of any company’s coding and what metrics get triggered. Do spenders get better drop rates on occasions? We don’t know and you don’t know unless there was some way to verify the data independently I lean on the side of doubting CG is providing the full scope of their weighted drops in every location of the game.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    StAugJames wrote: »

I hope you don’t blindly believe nothing else in game gets weighted probabilities other than packs and Datacons. Perhaps gear drop rates are a static number or maybe not. We don’t know the full extent of any company’s coding and what metrics get triggered. Do spenders get better drop rates on occasions? We don’t know and you don’t know unless there was some way to verify the data independently I lean on the side of doubting CG is providing the full scope of their weighted drops in every location of the game.

Like I said I don't particularly believe anything. Perhaps x can be, perhaps not. I didn't say that it's incomprehensible for cg to do anything shady or I trust them. However on all the cases so far someone claimed foul about drop rates, it was always lack of comprehension or confirmation bias, sampling bias on their part. You can doubt cg all you want, though they never provided you any droprates or said anything about how the drops work. So what are you doubting exactly? There is not much left to doubt besides community tracked data which always converges on the same numbers.

If we be specific and talk about shard or gear droprates, I saw more than enough convincing evidence over the years and only further evidence that draws a different conclusion can change my opinion.
  • HumbleMumble
    1017 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    Ok so this was a fun datacon combo, JMK + galactic republic team puts stun on your team every move they make, in 3v3. I’m not allowed to do anything because of permastun even when I use my own JMK to dispel the stun it’s immediately applied back. Great gameplay experience. Thanks CG for ruining the game completely, hope you feel great pride of that work ethic.
    Edit: also the datacon let’s the team ignore protection. I thought this was a huge thing for you guys that defense was so important and that’s why you nerfed darth Vader, wat etc. or is this just not true anymore? Could we get our old Vader back then? Does anyone at CG actually play the game?
  • Has anyone else encountered this? I went in to a JMK mirror 3x3. I had a level 9 datacron with ignore protection. They had level 8. And it seemed like their team was using my datacron. I had speed and got my ultimate first. But they massacred CAT very quickly. something feels deeply broken in the game's mechanic right now.
  • I_JnK_I
    464 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    Holtom2000 wrote: »
    It's now grand stalemate. Everyone puts their gls and datacrons on D and you're lucky to clear 1 zone. T
    This is more fun?

Just saying, but outside of kyber this is the status quo without datacrons

They dont help, but removing them doesnt solve the problem either

• If you believe that only Datacrons are weighted, I think you are providing the benefit of the doubt where it not earned, nor deserved. I'm not that gullible.

Well, I am that gullible. So, what else is weighted ?

• Rezzy
    3 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    @CG_SBCrumb and other devs/CG reps. do you guys not notice that datacron feedback is almost 100% negative and nobody wants these in the game? More people have quit this game and uninstalled as a result of these things than any other change or addition ever made, and thats saying something. As a launch player who spends and has spent an exorbitant amount of money on this game, can you for once listen to your players ? This is a blatant slap in the face to those of us loyal to the game who have been playing since its inception and have stuck by plenty of questionable decisions. We have been asking for YEARS, for a sandbox mode. We got game-wide nerfs for all GL Counters. For YEARS, for a gear crunch update. We got more kyrotechs needed per capita. For YEARS, for double ship drops. We got Relic 9. For YEARS, for ship loadout squad tabs. We got datacrons. You gave us something we loved. Conquest. It was great for a while. Then you made it unbearable to play. Do you guys just not care at all ? Genuinely asking because i cant imagine it would take much effort to make ships drop double, or to make a sandbox mode to test stuff out. Or to make conquest not so grindy again. Just listen, for once. Please.
  • Rezzy wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb and other devs/CG reps. do you guys not notice that datacron feedback is almost 100% negative and nobody wants these in the game? More people have quit this game and uninstalled as a result of these things than any other change or addition ever made, and thats saying something. As a launch player who spends and has spent an exorbitant amount of money on this game, can you for once listen to your players ? This is a blatant slap in the face to those of us loyal to the game who have been playing since its inception and have stuck by plenty of questionable decisions. We have been asking for YEARS, for a sandbox mode. We got game-wide nerfs for all GL Counters. For YEARS, for a gear crunch update. We got more kyrotechs needed per capita. For YEARS, for double ship drops. We got Relic 9. For YEARS, for ship loadout squad tabs. We got datacrons. You gave us something we loved. Conquest. It was great for a while. Then you made it unbearable to play. Do you guys just not care at all ? Genuinely asking because i cant imagine it would take much effort to make ships drop double, or to make a sandbox mode to test stuff out. Or to make conquest not so grindy again. Just listen, for once. Please.

This says it all. Couldn’t put it better myself
  • Rezzy wrote: »

Problem is the people in charge of CG do not understand their game audience. You can tell them what you want from the game but they see that people pay even when CG doesn’t deliver an enjoyable game experience. Of course the money coming in is decreasing but this can be explained away with it being an older title. CG can’t see that if they only invested more resources in a wiser way they could get those numbers rising drastically. By now they’re just milking the whales for all they’re worth and “hopefully” the new Lotr series on Amazon will be a smash hit to let CG milk some new whales on the same game with a new skin.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    Rezzy wrote: »
    is it 100% negative? i’ve seen some positive feedback about it
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Rezzy wrote: »
    is it 100% negative? i’ve seen some positive feedback about it
    97% negative…is that better?
  • CG giving away more and more datacron material shows they fundamentally misunderstand the problem. It's not the farming that we object to; it's that the datacrons fundamentally change the game. It's no longer about having good strategy and good mods and executing. It's about the RNG of having a killer datacron that can make a team invincible.
  • I appreciate the resources.
  • Hal_10000 wrote: »
    CG giving away more and more datacron material shows they fundamentally misunderstand the problem. It's not the farming that we object to; it's that the datacrons fundamentally change the game. It's no longer about having good strategy and good mods and executing. It's about the RNG of having a killer datacron that can make a team invincible.

They do understand it, they can't be that gullible since they are the ones that decide what the effects are and stat boosts are. They just want to push it more and more no matter what. This might change if they take a serious hit on their reports, active players etc. (things we don't have exact access to) or not.

Currently they seem be hoping we just get used to it like relics and other previous disruptions to the game. I also think that won't happen, because the nature of crons is different from all the previous things. It is not something we will eventually catch upto, it's a blackhole you have to be pouring into forever.
    Hal_10000 wrote: »
    CG giving away more and more datacron material shows they fundamentally misunderstand the problem. It's not the farming that we object to; it's that the datacrons fundamentally change the game. It's no longer about having good strategy and good mods and executing. It's about the RNG of having a killer datacron that can make a team invincible.

They do understand it, they can't be that gullible since they are the ones that decide what the effects are and stat boosts are. They just want to push it more and more no matter what. This might change if they take a serious hit on their reports, active players etc. (things we don't have exact access to) or not.

Currently they seem be hoping we just get used to it like relics and other previous disruptions to the game. I also think that won't happen, because the nature of crons is different from all the previous things. It is not something we will eventually catch upto, it's a blackhole you have to be pouring into forever.

Yup, CG's desperation is telling..
  • Correct me if I'm wrong, but one of the tells about response to datacrons is that the "upgrade to level 7" datacron pack on sale now is 19.99 and last month's version was 24.99? a 20% price decrease so quickly could be an indication that players are not buying it and/or spending less towards datacrons.

Hopefully they continue to decrease the viability of datacrons as well. I'm fine with the idea of datacrons, but they need to be much less complicated, less overpowered, and not make such a substantial difference in gameplay. Uniqueness of teams and characters would be fine, but the extreme sports nut got to make the decision on these for some reason and the initial iterations are garbage. (100% crit damage is cool, 800% health steal AND ignoring protection AND 200% crit damage AND taking bonus turns everytime someone blinks is garbage.)
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but one of the tells about response to datacrons is that the "upgrade to level 7" datacron pack on sale now is 19.99 and last month's version was 24.99? a 20% price decrease so quickly could be an indication that players are not buying it and/or spending less towards datacrons.

Hopefully they continue to decrease the viability of datacrons as well. I'm fine with the idea of datacrons, but they need to be much less complicated, less overpowered, and not make such a substantial difference in gameplay. Uniqueness of teams and characters would be fine, but the extreme sports nut got to make the decision on these for some reason and the initial iterations are garbage. (100% crit damage is cool, 800% health steal AND ignoring protection AND 200% crit damage AND taking bonus turns everytime someone blinks is garbage.)

SWGOH also dropped 8 places from 41st to 48th (iOS, 52nd on Andriod) top grossing of all games in July according to Sensor Tower data, so that's certainly something. One of the biggest movers in the top 100 grossing apps, and not in a positive direction. Seems like they are hemorrhaging more revenue in whales leaving the game than dataCONs are netting them from those who stay.
  • Hal_10000 wrote: »

They didnt really gave use more resources, they just give us more for leveling and less for rerolls. And they did it on purpose, it is now super heard to get a lot of lvl9 reroll materials and lvl9 is one you want to reroll until you get good one. (You now get them only from crate, for TW, from 1 node with 1/4 chance for them and 25 for 600 gems per week) It is now easier to get more datacrons, but way way harder to get good datacron as you cant reroll that much.
  • I was going to be eloquent, but don't want to waste any more of my time on datacrons.

I have them time. I used them. They add nothing of value to my experience in this game.

I don't think I'll be engaging with datacrons anymore. I understand that means I won't be competitive, but I just don't care.