Datacron store nerfed

Why did you guys nerf the weekly datacron store? You removed a few rows of items available for ally points and shard shop currency and instead added a few rows of items available for crystals. I get that you want people to whale on datacrons, but come on. It's already hard enough for the majority of the player base to get them without spending crystals, and now you nerf their acquisition even further... Would it really have been such a disaster to just keep the store the way it was? Were these few rows of "f2p" items really destroying the economy? Why do you need to always take anything away that's even remotely nice?

Replies

• WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    CG:
    0o1d6tvcisg1.jpg

TBH with dataCONS farmable in conquest, it's not like you're catching up to the whales any faster with your ally points than they are with their credit cards. Let the spenders have their fun and use your ally points (tediously) for shard shop gear as space Jesus intended.
  • Disruptor92
    835 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    CG:
    0o1d6tvcisg1.jpg

TBH with dataCONS farmable in conquest, it's not like you're catching up to the whales any faster with your ally points than they are with their credit cards. Let the spenders have their fun and use your ally points (tediously) for shard shop gear as space Jesus intended.

Yeah but that's the point. Whales already have a big advantage anyways with the amount of datacrons items they can buy for crystals (plus the packs in the store), so why limit the amount that the f2p people can get? They could've just as well added the new stuff for crystals WITHOUT removing the stuff for ally points and shard shop currency. It's just a typical CG move where they take stuff away that benefits the players.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    That's the usual CG approach - show a glimmer of hope (the last iteration was pretty accessible for ftp) and then immediately crush it. It feels as if they are actively trying to make players hate the game.
  • Theyre just getting you hooked on the product. Set 2 is hands down the one you wanted to whale on, and/or farm conquest as much as possible just for as many lvl 3's with 25%TM as possible.

Now that its gone from conquest the only way to get mats is from store, whale on packs, or win TW (but not really a lot of mats).
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    They're testing different setups to see how they work, including economically.

I liked the set two setup. It actually made Cronquest kinda fun again, farming for datacrons and the store bought materials were a vital part of that, particularly the reroll mats.

Developing 'crons is fun. Developing 'crons which dead-end in a faction / toon you don't have sufficiently relic'd and not being able to reroll is not fun.
  • Why are there no Coding mk2 available for Shard Shop Currency? That’s got to be an error, right?
  • Datacrons kill the game. No one like it, gac-tw is unenjoyable, extreamly OP, nothing just a totally crystal burning mechanism.
    IMO: don't use it, if possibe....... And let the developers knows it.....
  • Why are there no Coding mk2 available for Shard Shop Currency? That’s got to be an error, right?

No error. Gotta spend crystals to get them or you will have a bunch of mk1 and mk3 go unused. And, at the same time many are saving crystals for the new ship. Open the wallet or fall behind.
  • This is still the "exhibition phase" where they try out new things. Wait until you see how bad it will be after the exhibition before you get upset. This will be the good old days.
  • This is still the "exhibition phase" where they try out new things. Wait until you see how bad it will be after the exhibition before you get upset. This will be the good old days.

Yes, I think the highwater mark for Conquest was the exhibition (or early iterations anyway). Look how that played out. 😒
  • I wish they would nerf it away completely.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    StAugJames wrote: »
    I wish they would nerf it away completely.

Set 3 seems very nerfed
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    I wish they would smurf it completely. All the characters have blue skin, Thrawn wears a silly white hat and Princess Leia turns into Smurfette. :D

yk7pf0tr9xld.jpeg
  • Kudlaty
    106 posts Member
    ua91t0jdck9b.jpeg