Are r9 pieces available to f2p?

Are the relic pieces needed to take a character to r9 available to the f2p players? If not then do you guys think that it will be available in the future?

Replies

• TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Rogered711 wrote: »
    Are the relic pieces needed to take a character to r9 available to the f2p players?

Yes.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Check rewards in TWs; see if they're applicable to you.

At one point R8 parts were very difficult to get. Now, they're a lot easier. So I guess R9 will go the same way.
  • Just be part of a guild that has at least 320million GP worth of members that join TW.
    Win or lose, everyone gets at least one R9 mat.
  • Just be part of a guild that has at least 320million GP worth of members that join TW.

320 mil? **** my guild is barely above 200, guess no R9 for me.

320 mil? **** my guild is barely above 200, guess no R9 for me.

Technically 300 million would be enough, but to get that R9 mat, said guild would have to win.
    At 320 mill, 2 x R9 mats if you win, 1 x R9 mat if you lose.
  • There is no content or item in swgoh where you MUST pay for ... everything is available f2p.
    All you need is time if you do not want to spend ... and a good guild. If your guild grows with you, you will get the mats sometime.
    I have 8.8 mio GP - my guild is at 415 mio. And I do not have a r9 because I see no real benefit.
    I will do Raddus to r9 because I have to to get his ship ... this is the reason because I save crystals right now.
    And even with spendig tons of money ... without a good guild you will not be able to get all the mat needed for r9 because the droidbrains are only available in TW ... nowhere else (right now).
  • kiar1404 wrote: »
    There is no content or item in swgoh where you MUST pay for ... everything is available f2p.

eventually, yes. If you want any toons on R9 now, you might have to pay for it. The average f2p person probably has to wait a while – as usual with all the other content.
  • kiar1404
    241 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    Dashrunner wrote: »
    kiar1404 wrote: »
    There is no content or item in swgoh where you MUST pay for ... everything is available f2p.

eventually, yes. If you want any toons on R9 now, you might have to pay for it. The average f2p person probably has to wait a while – as usual with all the other content.

And what can you buy?
    Sure you can buy crystals but you cannot buy droidbrains with either money, crystals or any other currency but playing TW ... or missed I something?
    And if you want something NOW in swgoh (no matter what) you have to pay if you have not enough crystals.
  • Rius
    356 posts Member
    Dashrunner wrote: »

And what can you buy?
    Sure you can buy crystals but you cannot buy droidbrains with either money, crystals or any other currency but playing TW ... or missed I something?
    And if you want something NOW in swgoh (no matter what) you have to pay if you have not enough crystals.

Droid brains can be purchased in packs, you need 3 for one relic 9 toon and that’s approx £150. They ran them immediately after profundity announcement for a while but will likely be back store at some point.
  • Rius wrote: »
    Droid brains can be purchased in packs, you need 3 for one relic 9 toon and that’s approx £150. They ran them immediately after profundity announcement for a while but will likely be back store at some point.
    OK - thank you
    I just checked the current situation and there is no way to get droidbrains outside TW

• Next weekly shipments were leaked there should be r9 mats pretty cheap too
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Droidbrain packs pop up every so often to buy,
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Next weekly shipments were leaked there should be r9 mats pretty cheap too

Not leaked, screenshots from people who are in earlier time zones.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I don't understand why they wouldn't announce this. It's a win for loads of players, some great news to get a feel-good post out there, but they just slip it into the store, like they hope no one will notice. It was the same when r8 went in there quietly.
  • Yeah it's in the store for people that already had their daily refresh. It's 5 droid brains for 1500 crystals.
  • Technically yes, realistically no
  • Technically yes, realistically no

False
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Yeah it's in the store for people that already had their daily refresh. It's 5 droid brains for 1500 crystals.

Are there also Gyrdas? Didnt look it up yet but for me only Gyrdas for a reasonable price would be interesting.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    Yeah it's in the store for people that already had their daily refresh. It's 5 droid brains for 1500 crystals.

Are there also Gyrdas? Didnt look it up yet but for me only Gyrdas for a reasonable price would be interesting.

Yes.
    5 for 1250 crystals, 10 for 2500 & 15 for 3750
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »

Yes.

That's actually quite a good price. 5 Gyrdas would previously ask for 65 g12+ pieces which would cost 2275 crystals so with the new price thats about 1k crystals saved - or 4k for a full 20 Gyrda package required for 1x R9 char (9100 crystals before vs 5000 now).
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator

Yes.

That's actually quite a good price. 5 Gyrdas would previously ask for 65 g12+ pieces which would cost 2275 crystals so with the new price thats about 1k crystals saved - or 4k for a full 20 Gyrda package required for 1x R9 char (9100 crystals before vs 5000 now).

Yes, it's a better deal than scavenger. 250 per keypad in weekly shipments, and breaksdown to about 455 per keypad if you buy the things needed for scavenger (though this does not take into account if you're willing to part with pieces you already have).