Tatooine Sith Galactic challenge

Lightningstorm
posts Member
edited August 2022
Utter crap. Seriously relic 5 can’t even complete 3 relic 1 and 2 level 12. This is grossly unbalanced keep this up and you will lose a player for good. I’ve spent thousands on this game over the years. For such a powerful team to have no hope shows a grossly unbalanced game. If you keep this up I will delete this app and never play again. You will lose thousands. For me to go to this effort and post you can multiply but hundreds of dissatisfied players!
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• What team are you using?
  • fennec (L), BAM, bossk all r5, with g12 mando, and g11 greef did it for me. annihilate traya, kill talon with whistling birds/other attacks, the rest die to dots.
    greef and BAM keep the team alive.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Classic Bossk lead BH work too, all feats in one go. The DoTs from the modifier help keep your team alive while Mando disintegrates the enemy.
  • There’s some other options too - I’ve been playing about with Lando Han Chewie Boba and CAT who are easily good enough for the tier 8 crate (my CAT is low geared)
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    edited August 2022
    It's not so much relic level as mods.
    I got max crate with g10 5* Aurra, g12 Mando, g12 Greef, r5 Bossk, and r7 Fennec. Getting Bossk and Greef into the 330s is enough to outspeed Traya.
  • Some good advice on here, i had been having trouble as well with reliced scoundrels (tried BH and rebel scoundrels). Almost seemed like the scoundrel bonus health wasn't applying but that doesnt seem like its the case since others dont seem to be having a problem
  • There are some videos already on YouTube that can help. Or just take the advice of others on here.

Relic levels are only one thing, but if your mods are terrible that’d be working against you
  • I am new to the game and can't figure this out at all. They constantly heal back to 100%. How do you counter that? I can usually kill one before they start the constant healing but once it starts there's no way I can keep up.
  • Salatious_Scrum
    2309 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    If you are new to the game, you most likely do not have the teams required to successfully clear Galactic Challenges. There are a lot of things in this game that require you to develop a deeper roster to stand a chance to clear them
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    Aurra R5 (L)
    Bossk R6
    Greef R5
    Mando R7
    Boba R8

1 try red crate, aurra sing is the queen again.

Edit: tried beskar/dash/qira scoundrel teams, no luck. So I tried full BH then.
  • Nope, I agree with OP. It's ridiculous modifiers that intentionally favour the enemy team and the conditions require a very specific set up to even complete. The problem is that the difficulty is not graded commensurate to tiers, the steep jump in stats and modifiers working in favour for the enemy team is just ridiculous past tier 6 or 7. Since when is traya even so fast and can out run characters of 300+ at just tier 7? And because there are multiple videos out there showing it is possible to complete doesn't mean that the GC is fair
  • OP is right. Its completely rigged. Forget Tier X. At tier 1 a team of level 45s can beat level 85s regardless of squad. Nah that sounds like a completely regular team. The kind you experience all the time playing this game. I know how often I regularly beat a full team of level 85 characters with a squad of 45s in almost every situation.

rig v. -manage or conduct (something) fraudulently so as to produce a result or situation that is advantageous to a particular person.
  • Swgoh281 wrote: »
    Nope, I agree with OP. It's ridiculous modifiers that intentionally favour the enemy team and the conditions require a very specific set up to even complete. The problem is that the difficulty is not graded commensurate to tiers, the steep jump in stats and modifiers working in favour for the enemy team is just ridiculous past tier 6 or 7. Since when is traya even so fast and can out run characters of 300+ at just tier 7? And because there are multiple videos out there showing it is possible to complete doesn't mean that the GC is fair

a good number of GC have stupid modifiers that favor the enemy team, its how you can counter that is the key usually. in this case its killing traya first to let the debuff affect the enemy again. and they almost always modify the enemy to be better then they really are, talon for example is a good DPS character in this battle, when fighting inquisitors they deal damage, etc. a lot of times they add things to the enemy they don't usually have to increase the challenge.
    lastly while this challenge is hard I wouldn't can it unfair, I think the most unfair one we have ever had as the dash lead team that had high speed and nuked most teams with his opening AoE
  • @CG_Tusken_Meathead this is the sort of Galactic Challenge I like.

It rewards
    - kit knowledge: got to kill Traya first (so they stop cleansing all the time) and ideally Nihilus second (to prevent him deleting somebody)
    - Roster depth: can be done with a BH lineup, a Dash lineup and a few other variants besides (but you really need to bring an instakill character like Nihilus or CAT or Mando, and someone to cleanse your squad regularly)

And whilst chasing the feats, you don’t need:
    - guesswork: I’m sure most players can count 3 crits, and it’s easy to know if your lineup is all scoundrel and/or one DS/LS survive (unlike counting if you’ve made 60 purge attempts, for example)
    - patience: it was my 4th attempt today that got me all feats on one run. The unsuccessful attempts were over pretty quickly and I knew that I’d failed one or more of the feats and that there was no point in continuing
  • Engage
    267 posts Member
    Nothing about this is fun or challenging.
  • Very fun and challenging. I enjoyed this one
  • flux_rono wrote: »
    Swgoh281 wrote: »
    Nope, I agree with OP. It's ridiculous modifiers that intentionally favour the enemy team and the conditions require a very specific set up to even complete. The problem is that the difficulty is not graded commensurate to tiers, the steep jump in stats and modifiers working in favour for the enemy team is just ridiculous past tier 6 or 7. Since when is traya even so fast and can out run characters of 300+ at just tier 7? And because there are multiple videos out there showing it is possible to complete doesn't mean that the GC is fair

a good number of GC have stupid modifiers that favor the enemy team, its how you can counter that is the key usually. in this case its killing traya first to let the debuff affect the enemy again. and they almost always modify the enemy to be better then they really are, talon for example is a good DPS character in this battle, when fighting inquisitors they deal damage, etc. a lot of times they add things to the enemy they don't usually have to increase the challenge.
    lastly while this challenge is hard I wouldn't can it unfair, I think the most unfair one we have ever had as the dash lead team that had high speed and nuked most teams with his opening AoE

Yep agreed. The issue I have with this particular one is that the stats are so jacked up such that even at tier 7 (with 2 g12s in the enemy team), traya outruns my relic-ed 300+ characters and kickstarts their chain of moves and all that jazz leaving me no chance to even kill traya. I've never needed the bossk zeta until now. At least for the dash ones, i simply give up on the higher tiers and just clear tier 7 with a durable high relic team
  • I mean, it took a couple of tries before I realised killing traya first was the way to go, but it's not like it's crazy tough.

My alt with g12 greef, r1 mando got this done first or second try after I figured it out on my main first. Just a fairly standard bossk lead team, no changing mods.

Top crate isn't gated behind uncommon toons or high relics. Seems like a great GC to me.
  • Thank you all so much. I was frustrated with this and it felt like banging my head against the wall. I did this with an R5 Bossk lead, R5 Boba, R5 Jango and G10 Mando and Greef. I’ll be honest, I had forgotten how great Mando is and that he has Disintegrate. I moved him up from a partial G9 just in case before I attempted. Got caught up chasing a GL and have been ignoring working on some staple teams. Made an account just to say thanks.
  • Swgoh281 wrote: »
    flux_rono wrote: »
    Swgoh281 wrote: »

Yep agreed. The issue I have with this particular one is that the stats are so jacked up such that even at tier 7 (with 2 g12s in the enemy team), traya outruns my relic-ed 300+ characters and kickstarts their chain of moves and all that jazz leaving me no chance to even kill traya. I've never needed the bossk zeta until now. At least for the dash ones, i simply give up on the higher tiers and just clear tier 7 with a durable high relic team

Sometimes brute force isn’t the way. It’s supposed to be Galactic Challenge, not Galactic Christmas. In arena or GAC I wouldn’t dream of throwing scoundrels at a Traya team. They’re supposed to be puzzles. This one was, more or less, a war of attrition and survival. Annihilate a couple of their key toons and then outlast them on the DoTs. Bossk’s zeta is one of the top tier ones for BH, it’s a good investment regardless.
  • Engage
    267 posts Member
    Very fun and challenging. I enjoyed this one

Stop trolling. It's so petty. It's what I expect from whales and people who have everything unlocked in the game.
    This isn't fun because there is no challenge. There is no middle ground. There is no real strategy involved. It doesn't give you a bonus ability to help you stay alive longer. Either you have the set of characters required to survive enough rounds or you don't. Otherwise don't even think about attempting this one.
    This is way harder than an earlier version of this challenge where it was doable with different characters where you weren't locked in needing to have a specific setup to clear max tier. You even had the option for a team cleanse so you could survive a round or 2 longer if used strategically.
  • chpMINIsolo_77
    3103 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    Engage wrote: »

Stop trolling. It's so petty. It's what I expect from whales and people who have everything unlocked in the game.
    This isn't fun because there is no challenge. There is no middle ground. There is no real strategy involved. It doesn't give you a bonus ability to help you stay alive longer. Either you have the set of characters required to survive enough rounds or you don't. Otherwise don't even think about attempting this one.
    This is way harder than an earlier version of this challenge where it was doable with different characters where you weren't locked in needing to have a specific setup to clear max tier. You even had the option for a team cleanse so you could survive a round or 2 longer if used strategically.

Lol, how is me enjoying the GC trolling?
    I suggest you spend more time reading what others do than just whining on the forum.
    I enjoyed it because you needed to think about how to beat it instead of hitting auto
    Post edited by chpMINIsolo_77 on
  • Stokat
    823 posts Member
    @CG_Tusken_Meathead this is the sort of Galactic Challenge I like.

It rewards
    - kit knowledge: got to kill Traya first (so they stop cleansing all the time) and ideally Nihilus second (to prevent him deleting somebody)
    - Roster depth: can be done with a BH lineup, a Dash lineup and a few other variants besides (but you really need to bring an instakill character like Nihilus or CAT or Mando, and someone to cleanse your squad regularly)

And whilst chasing the feats, you don’t need:
    - guesswork: I’m sure most players can count 3 crits, and it’s easy to know if your lineup is all scoundrel and/or one DS/LS survive (unlike counting if you’ve made 60 purge attempts, for example)
    - patience: it was my 4th attempt today that got me all feats on one run. The unsuccessful attempts were over pretty quickly and I knew that I’d failed one or more of the feats and that there was no point in continuing

I agree with this! This was one of the better GCs because it is challenging but you could solve it with tactics (instead of just hoping that you would get enough amount of critical hits, purges, dodges or whatever).
  • Engage wrote: »

This is well wide of the mark.

There’s no strategy involved if your roster isn’t good enough, I agree. But then, why should those with a weak roster get the top prize?

All the things that make it more challenging last time can be overcome by using characters that combat the difficulty.

As all GCs do, this one rewards roster depth and kit knowledge. If you’re lacking in one or more areas, you don’t deserve top rewards.

This isn’t trolling - it’s a meritocracy.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

Lol, how is me enjoying the GC trolling?

Welcome to the forums. One of the first things you need to know about this place is that you are trolling if you claim to enjoy anything about this game. No one has fun.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Engage
    267 posts Member

There’s no strategy involved if your roster isn’t good enough, I agree. But then, why should those with a weak roster get the top prize?

All the things that make it more challenging last time can be overcome by using characters that combat the difficulty.

As all GCs do, this one rewards roster depth and kit knowledge. If you’re lacking in one or more areas, you don’t deserve top rewards.

You lose me when you claim that a high relic level roster is "weak".

I have both roster depth and kit knowledge and I still can't beat it. What's so annoying about this is that some of these characters I have farmed and have focused on when I started playing the game years ago. Why is it asking me to use them and then rigging it so I still can't win? There is no argument here. There is no grey area. Either you lose almost immediately or you win easily.

I have both roster depth and kit knowledge and I still can't beat it. What's so annoying about this is that some of these characters I have farmed and have focused on when I started playing the game years ago. Why is it asking me to use them and then rigging it so I still can't win? There is no argument here. There is no grey area. Either you lose almost immediately or you win easily.
    You lose me when you say it’s rigging it so you can’t win in the same paragraph as saying you have roster depth and kit knowledge.

Still, you thought it was an awful GC, me and many others liked it. Sounds like there is a grey area to me.

You lose me when you say it’s rigging it so you can’t win in the same paragraph as saying you have roster depth and kit knowledge.

Still, you thought it was an awful GC, me and many others liked it. Sounds like there is a grey area to me.

I think I see the problem why Engage is having so much trouble with the Scoundrel feat
    z6ww675ux2tx.png
  • I guess “roster depth” can mean different things to different people.