MEGATHREAD - State of the Galaxy: July 2022

1235Next

Replies

• Jed_Eye
    171 posts Member
    Screerider wrote: »
    I'm sure folks are aware of the message board truism that every post has an implied "In my opinion" at the front of it.

Now we can add that posts from CG have an implied "We promise to" at the front. It never occurred to me to read these latest Announcements as "We promise to bring you GL Jabba. We promise to bring you Krrsantin. We promise to bring you Mod UI changes. etc." Just never saw it that way. Maybe it's the way I was raised.

What's the point here.......
  • bchased64 wrote: »
    YodasAdoy wrote: »
    You had them earlier, thus in fleet arena and grand arena you had a competitive advantage over those without - and were able to unlock better characters (JMK and LV) to have a larger roster - which led to a greater crystal income than it would have otherwise. That's how power creep and availability should work - have a powerful upgrade locked behind a function that intially only those who are willing to invest big into it are able to get, then loosen the requirements over time so that those who couldn't/weren't willing to invest into the upgrade are then able to get it, after those who invested have had their turn on the swings. It's exactly what happens with marquee characters - 3* unlock then either spend crystals to 7* or wait 6 months and farm

That's besides the point. It would be like if they made it so that new players can skip gears 1 through 11 and go straight to 12, saving them a boatload of money to reach where you are, you would be fine with that? That's what I'm trying to get at. You're going to feel like you got jipped. Of course the people, most of whom are replying to me, who didn't pull the trigger on those are going to be okay with this change. But most people probably have less than 10 R8s and R9s so it's not even that ridiculous but those materials add up and can be used to relic up other characters.

I would be fine with making it easier to get characters up to G12 - not skipping, but easing the crunch. You've had however long being dominant due to having earlier access to higher power than those you compete with, giving you higher rewards in PVP (Squad arena especially for the almost 7 years of being the primary source of crystal income) than those who didn't and the ability to complete more PVE content by way of actually finishing it, granting greater access to more resources and enabling a greater level of roster development. And that's not to mention the number of guilds (even towards the higher end) who have been haemorrhaging players following datacrons and are looking for replacements - surely having it be easier to fill those spots if newer players were able to catch up much quicker?
  • Keno21
    15 posts Member
    Datacrons have ruined this game
  • I_JnK_I
    464 posts Member
    Because everything else is actually relevant to 90 percent of the player base
  • Shame you already ruined the game completely with datacrons
  • The changes to the crafting requirements for R8 and R9 are good things...more important is giving your player base an idea of WHEN those changes will happen. Imagine how many players may be sitting with characters ready to upgrade, but are holding off in order to save the increasing scarce circuit boards. Is it a patch away? A month away? A title update away? Everything is subject to change, we get that (thanks Scopely), but something to plan against is immensely helpful.
  • Shame you already ruined the game completely with datacrons

Hopefully they make enormous changes to the Datacon scam in the future. Just make a 7th mod for leaders that is permanent and scale it way down.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    A title update away?

This one.

• Can CG add a counter for the mods that we have in reserve? I always stay in the limit and i think that if we can see the number/maximum would be a QoL improve
  • Easier r8 mats would have been nice. It's falling the way of gty at 4rd with metalwork. Lol someone will enjoy that.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Dravhen wrote: »
    Can CG add a counter for the mods that we have in reserve? I always stay in the limit and i think that if we can see the number/maximum would be a QoL improve

Go read the SotG.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Is there a scheduled time for this Title date for Relic Mat/Mod Inventory changes?
  • Is there a scheduled time for this Title date for Relic Mat/Mod Inventory changes?

Restart the clock!
    Er, ya, same time as gear phase 2.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.

Nope. Considering the frequency of Title updates, most likely august or september; might be when they'll add Profundity to the game.
  • Starslayer wrote: »
    Is there a scheduled time for this Title date for Relic Mat/Mod Inventory changes?

Nope. Considering the frequency of Title updates, most likely august or september; might be when they'll add Profundity to the game.

But, it is August.
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »

But, it is August.

Right, but I think Starslayer meant August 2023.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • The changes to the crafting requirements for R8 and R9 are good things...more important is giving your player base an idea of WHEN those changes will happen. Imagine how many players may be sitting with characters ready to upgrade, but are holding off in order to save the increasing scarce circuit boards. Is it a patch away? A month away? A title update away? Everything is subject to change, we get that (thanks Scopely), but something to plan against is immensely helpful.

I second this. I am reluctant to upgrade anything beyond R7 until we know for sure.

Moreover, in the same update that states we will need more R8/R9 characters, they tease removal of pieces needed to upgrade them.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Taviffs wrote: »
    The changes to the crafting requirements for R8 and R9 are good things...more important is giving your player base an idea of WHEN those changes will happen. Imagine how many players may be sitting with characters ready to upgrade, but are holding off in order to save the increasing scarce circuit boards. Is it a patch away? A month away? A title update away? Everything is subject to change, we get that (thanks Scopely), but something to plan against is immensely helpful.

I second this. I am reluctant to upgrade anything beyond R7 until we know for sure.

Moreover, in the same update that states we will need more R8/R9 characters, they tease removal of pieces needed to upgrade them.

The problem is that even if they did tell us, CG has a track record of not doing what they say, so you can’t be sure something is going to happen until it happens.
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Taviffs wrote: »
    The changes to the crafting requirements for R8 and R9 are good things...more important is giving your player base an idea of WHEN those changes will happen. Imagine how many players may be sitting with characters ready to upgrade, but are holding off in order to save the increasing scarce circuit boards. Is it a patch away? A month away? A title update away? Everything is subject to change, we get that (thanks Scopely), but something to plan against is immensely helpful.

The problem is that even if they did tell us, CG has a track record of not doing what they say, so you can’t be sure something is going to happen until it happens.

100% This!

The things that surprise players isn't QoL upgrades or big Title Updates that make improvements; it's the rare occasions when CG actually does what they said they were going to do.

And that's sad if you really think about it
  • Will you please make Jyn Erso farmable since she is a prerequisite for Profundity? This feels like a punishment for players like me who joined the game late and doesn't whale. For instance, I only have her at 5 star so I would have to spend $150 for this one character to be able to relic per the requirements.
  • Lumiya
    1435 posts Member
    Sunwuko wrote: »
    Will you please make Jyn Erso farmable since she is a prerequisite for Profundity? This feels like a punishment for players like me who joined the game late and doesn't whale. For instance, I only have her at 5 star so I would have to spend $150 for this one character to be able to relic per the requirements.

You can buy her in the guild store. You find her in the bottom row. Unfortunately she shares the spot with others and RNGesus seems not to favour her showing up that often.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Lumiya wrote: »
    Sunwuko wrote: »
    Will you please make Jyn Erso farmable since she is a prerequisite for Profundity? This feels like a punishment for players like me who joined the game late and doesn't whale. For instance, I only have her at 5 star so I would have to spend $150 for this one character to be able to relic per the requirements.

You can buy her in the guild store. You find her in the bottom row. Unfortunately she shares the spot with others and RNGesus seems not to favour her showing up that often.

Good news - the latest datamine says we’ll get bonus drops for Jyn on LS battles 9/21 - 9/25

• SotG: game still freezes on certain screens, even though if it does you won't get any compensation for their game being busted since the last update that started causing these. Oh and datacrons are still a bane on players and they suck eggs.