A case for cheaters

I’m pretty surprised that despite the reports I’ve made and contracts to cg that the number of cheaters in my fleet shard has grown. I’ve got 3 accounts punching 200k above their weight with thrawn ships unlocked with blue gear Phoenix.

At first I was annoyed that after 3 months nothing has happened about it. I’ve come to be alright with it now that my fleet is around top 10 in the shard. All these cheat accounts are taking out the executor account whale rush accounts and open it up so I can get rank 1 or 2 rewards pretty consistently. Sucks for the people outside of top 20 though.

I heard the account that you send reports to has been inactive for like 6 months. I didn’t really investigate it but based on what I’m seeing in game, wouldn’t surprise me.

Long story short, work on your fleets guys. If you can push just that little bit further, the payout may be even greater!

Replies

• I heard the account that you send reports to has been inactive for like 6 months. I didn’t really investigate it but based on what I’m seeing in game, wouldn’t surprise me.

I believe Ultra confirmed very recently that this is not the case. That the Lucifer account is being monitored.

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited August 2022

I heard the account that you send reports to has been inactive for like 6 months. I didn’t really investigate it but based on what I’m seeing in game, wouldn’t surprise me.

I believe Ultra confirmed very recently that this is not the case. That the Lucifer account is being monitored.
    we (all the mods) were told that LD supposedly reads all the PMs he gets without logging into his account, but up to you to believe whether this information is true or not

I haven't seen any action taken on PMs people have shown me they sent to LD, so I know where I stand with this information

I don't see any reason CG would lie, nor do I think they are, its just that no (VISIBLE) action is being taken even if they have access to the reports given to him
  • Ultra wrote: »

we (all the mods) were told that LD supposedly reads all the PMs he gets without logging into his account, but up to you to believe whether this information is true or not

I haven't seen any action taken on PMs people have shown me they sent to LD, so I know where I stand with this information

I don't see any reason CG would lie, nor do I think they are, its just that no (VISIBLE) action is being taken even if they have access to the reports given to him

Ha. Hahahha. Hahahahhahaa. It took a cheater to report THEMSELF to get a ban in KYBER 1. No way in heck is LD doing anything meaningful from his couch potatoe status to ban cheaters when we can obviously see who does it, when, and how often. CG is a freaking joke when it comes to finding cheaters, on their own or even with help from others. This stuff is garbage.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

So what kind of INVISIBLE action can be taken anyway? If they can still play on it's like no action at all.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Lol because its probably their accounts doing the cheating. No they would never do that. Oops I think I just may have leaked something
  • If CG banned all cheaters…their log in/activity metrics would take a huge hit along with folks actively participating in GAC. Remember they need their metrics to look good to EA.
  • Lol because its probably their accounts doing the cheating. No they would never do that. Oops I think I just may have leaked something
    Fieldgulls wrote: »
    If CG banned all cheaters…their log in/activity metrics would take a huge hit along with folks actively participating in GAC. Remember they need their metrics to look good to EA.
    Did you guys get your tinfoil hats at the same shop?
    If CG banned all cheaters…their log in/activity metrics would take a huge hit along with folks actively participating in GAC. Remember they need their metrics to look good to EA.
    Do you? Or do you prefer your head in the sand?
  • Fieldgulls wrote: »
    Lol because its probably their accounts doing the cheating. No they would never do that. Oops I think I just may have leaked something
    So one of you is claiming that all cheaters are CG controlled accounts, and the other is claiming that there are so many cheaters that banning them would show a huge drop in GAC activity that EA would be suspicious.

And anyone who doesn’t believe these things is naive?
  • ROTFL!!
    "You could warn me when I do something bad. Blink once for dark side, twice for light"
    Lol because its probably their accounts doing the cheating. No they would never do that. Oops I think I just may have leaked something
    So one of you is claiming that all cheaters are CG controlled accounts, and the other is claiming that there are so many cheaters that banning them would show a huge drop in GAC activity that EA would be suspicious.

Shouldn’t it be easy to ban cheaters? What takes so long? Is there so many that they are working through a backlog? Hmmm

lol, seriously? If CG was doing this do you really think they'd need to use accounts that are obviously APK accounts? It would take 0 effort on their part to do this and make it look like legit players. Less than 5 seconds of thought would bring you to the same conclusion.

Also, does anyone really think that cheaters wouldn't play if they couldn't cheat? If they like the game enough to cheat, my guess is they'd still like the game enough to play without cheating.

I'm not OK with cheaters. They bring nothing of value to the game for either CG or the non-cheating player base. They do nothing but devalue the investment that legitimate players have made in their accounts - either by way of time, money, or both.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Kisakee wrote: »

So what kind of INVISIBLE action can be taken anyway? If they can still play on it's like no action at all.

cheaters are getting banned, no doubt about that
  • avihas
    247 posts Member

You are aware that it was proven LD is negotiating with cheaters and not really ban them permanently, right?
  • avihas wrote: »

You are aware that it was proven LD is negotiating with cheaters and not really ban them permanently, right?
    *cheater

I’ve seen no evidence this happened with more than one person.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    avihas wrote: »

its nothing public facing for me to comment on it but I do know CG is banning players daily
  • zatchy
    123 posts Member

I mean CG has plenty of reasons to lie. The ineptitude they show with targeting cheaters is reason to lie alone. Letting your entire player base know that cheating is acceptable, is reason to come out with this line. Maybe it’s true, maybe it’s not, but acting like they don’t gain by saying all cheating complaints are read is strange to me.

As for banning - again this is where their lack of communication is awful. Make up a fake report to put folks at ease, instead of relying on forum mods to pass around some statements second hand.

All in all, I still personally think CG doesn’t think it’s worth their time to target cheaters, so they don’t. Their passive stance leads me to think cg is ultimately okay with cheating.

Shouldn’t it be easy to ban cheaters? What takes so long? Is there so many that they are working through a backlog? Hmmm

It could be easy. CG has decided not to make it so. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I imagine they do get a lot of false reports--all the more reason to build a system that could automate the cheat detection.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    zatchy wrote: »

I mean CG has plenty of reasons to lie.
    CG has never lied to me afaik

They are pretty honest about everything, even in places where they fall short

At least when I talk to them

It could be easy. CG has decided not to make it so. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I imagine they do get a lot of false reports--all the more reason to build a system that could automate the cheat detection.

They have cheat detection automation afaik
  • To be fair just a month ago there was a post of a cheater asking why he got banned, so there really are people getting banned about it. Just not many of them, or at least not fast enough.

I am more concerned about the fact that people are still getting their accounts deleted because of a glitch that CG hasn't adressed yet, not publicly at least.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Granolo wrote: »
    To be fair just a month ago there was a post of a cheater asking why he got banned, so there really are people getting banned about it. Just not many of them, or at least not fast enough.

I am more concerned about the fact that people are still getting their accounts deleted because of a glitch that CG hasn't adressed yet, not publicly at least.
    Cheaters have been reaching out to me on PMs lately asking for unbans instead of making threads
  • I’m pretty surprised that despite the reports I’ve made and contracts to cg that the number of cheaters in my fleet shard has grown. I’ve got 3 accounts punching 200k above their weight with thrawn ships unlocked with blue gear Phoenix.

At first I was annoyed that after 3 months nothing has happened about it. I’ve come to be alright with it now that my fleet is around top 10 in the shard. All these cheat accounts are taking out the executor account whale rush accounts and open it up so I can get rank 1 or 2 rewards pretty consistently. Sucks for the people outside of top 20 though.

Long story short, work on your fleets guys. If you can push just that little bit further, the payout may be even greater!

Just get used to it, they're here to stay just add them to your shard chat.
  • Ultra wrote: »

Either it's woefully inadequate or there's a lot of forum posts that are wrong.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

Either it's woefully inadequate or there's a lot of forum posts that are wrong.
    They never provided any details on how it works and such, so I can at least say that my own opinion aligns with the former (inadequate) and seeing the direction of the game (ben solo ignoring protection, datacrons ignoring protection) its just even harder to automate it correctly without false positives