Iden Versio=Massively Overpowered

Yammar
posts Member
edited August 2022
Non-relic Iden Versio can easily defeat…and I mean, EASILY…Relic 7 characters.

She is another massively overpowered Mary Sue, like Rey (Jedi Training), brought to us by Lucasfilm and EA.

What is the pointing of farming if such a character is tossed into the game!?!
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    What team did you use

What relic tiers

What iden version team did you face

what relic / gear levels

If she was massively overpowered she would be able to take out GLs, which she can't
  • Iden is good, but she is in no way overpowered.
  • Wampacron crushes her (unless TIE Pilot is present but then that opens up other counters)
  • YodasAdoy wrote: »
    Wampacron crushes her (unless TIE Pilot is present but then that opens up other counters)

Wampa is female too, does that make her an OP Mary Sue too?
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    YodasAdoy wrote: »
    Wampacron crushes her (unless TIE Pilot is present but then that opens up other counters)

Brought to us by Lucas himself

• I don't think Yammar knows what a Mary Sue is.

Hint, Yammar: OP does NOT equal Mary Sue.
  • Kripty
    202 posts Member
    YodasAdoy wrote: »

Did you just assume it’s gender!?
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Yammar wrote: »
    She is another massively overpowered Mary Sue, like Rey (Jedi Training), brought to us by Lucasfilm and EA.

j49wl4bw5sxq.png
  • flux_rono
    2112 posts Member

JTR is massively overpowered???? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member

Then maybe...farm her?
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    edited August 2022
    flux_rono wrote: »

JTR is massively overpowered???? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Stick Rey and Farmboy Luke too
  • Legend91 wrote: »

Then maybe...farm her?

Nah. Clearly OP hates women and only farms the male units because they're the strongest.
  • What is a Mary Sue? Is it some american reference?
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    What is a Mary Sue? Is it some american reference?

Common trope, not sure it's specifically American.
    a type of female character who is depicted as unrealistically lacking in flaws or weaknesses.
  • AlexanderG
    1927 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    StarSon wrote: »

a type of female character who is depicted as unrealistically lacking in flaws or weaknesses.

I'm British and the first I'd heard of it was when the sequels came out and Rey got the 'Mary Sue"treatment. So I think it's primarily an American-ism
    Post edited by AlexanderG on
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »

I'm British and the first I'd heard of it was when the sequelsxame out and Rey got the 'Mary Sue"treatment. So I think it's primarily an American-ism

Could be, but as an American, that was also the first time I had ever heard of it.
  • It's a term that actually originated in the FanFic community, as I understand it.

You have hundreds if not thousands of writers all trying to tell some new Trek or SW or HP story to the fans who read the fanfic sites, and, well, not all of them can be good.

Not even most of them, really.

And a large number would take the opportunities presented by SciFi & fantasy to tell stories about perfect characters. For themselves it was about, I don't know, putting their hope and their love for the originals into words. But because the characters were so perfect, you couldn't ever manage a realistic plot. The characters were incorruptible and always had strokes of genius at just the crucial moment and were young but powerful, attractive, but never vain. Eventually the trend got a name, and that was MarySue.

I don't really know how much FanFic is concentrated in the USA, but I suspect that it's not so much geographical isolation that causes people to not know what a MarySue is. (After all, it originally came out of FanFic communities on the internet.) Rather I strongly suspect that the trope was restricted to the FanFic community for some years, then to the broader community of people who actually write and publish SciFi/Fantasy more broadly (meaning serious commercial authors to blog-writers) and no longer limited to FanFic. But even at that point where it was something discussed among writers as a pitfall to be avoided, I think the term wasn't on most people's radar until relatively recently.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    I find this conversation to be too sexist. Lets talk about Superman, a true Gary Stu.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    I find this conversation to be too sexist. Lets talk about Superman, a true Gary Stu.

Touché!
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    It's a term that actually originated in the FanFic community, as I understand it.

You have hundreds if not thousands of writers all trying to tell some new Trek or SW or HP story to the fans who read the fanfic sites, and, well, not all of them can be good.

Not even most of them, really.

And a large number would take the opportunities presented by SciFi & fantasy to tell stories about perfect characters. For themselves it was about, I don't know, putting their hope and their love for the originals into words. But because the characters were so perfect, you couldn't ever manage a realistic plot. The characters were incorruptible and always had strokes of genius at just the crucial moment and were young but powerful, attractive, but never vain. Eventually the trend got a name, and that was MarySue.

I don't really know how much FanFic is concentrated in the USA, but I suspect that it's not so much geographical isolation that causes people to not know what a MarySue is. (After all, it originally came out of FanFic communities on the internet.) Rather I strongly suspect that the trope was restricted to the FanFic community for some years, then to the broader community of people who actually write and publish SciFi/Fantasy more broadly (meaning serious commercial authors to blog-writers) and no longer limited to FanFic. But even at that point where it was something discussed among writers as a pitfall to be avoided, I think the term wasn't on most people's radar until relatively recently.

I think it's more about inserting your own fanfic character into an existing narrative/franchise but having them be as important/powerful as the main characters of said narrative. So by that definition, one could argue that it's impossible for Rey to be a Mary Sue since the Sequels as a separate chapter from the rest of the franchise are her narrative (though technically Ahsoka IS a Mary Sue).
  • Meh. Could be that you've got it closer to the original meaning. I have never been part of any FanFic communities, so I'll give you this one.
  • Vampshie
    3 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    Legend91 wrote: »

Then maybe...farm her?

Nah. Clearly OP hates women and only farms the male units because they're the strongest.

Yes cause never is anyone allowed to dislike certain characters for being rediculus 🙄. Fact is op is right if you have a lvl 85 gear 9-10 omega 5 star mods team with lvl 7 minimum abilities, you shouldn't be getting clapped by a level 65 team, that is over powered. Not his fault female characters are either heavy weights or fly weights. But iden with advanced storm troopers is just no 100% over powered, at least Rey and bastilla can be taken down or be a close fight with their synergistic squad.
    So get your kitten outta here even if it's just a jest.

Post edited by crzydroid on