Sad day

IkamuzU
18 posts Member
edited August 2022
I have accidentally deleted my Google play profile and as we all know CG hasn't created the tools to re-link the account.

It is sad to say but it is gone forever
Post edited by Ultra on

Replies

• IkamuzU wrote: »
    I have accidentally deleted my Google play profile and as we all know CG hasn't created the tools to re-link the account.

That is some kind of accident! I just looked and I can't even find where to do that, let alone do it by accident... I suggest you log into a pc and look at your google account settings, if they have truly gone then I suggest raising a ticket with Google helpdesk to assist you as there is nothing CG/EA can do as it is not their system that is the issue.

I know this is an external link so please accept my apologies @ moderators
    https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6236295
    and there's also a form you can fill in here:
    https://support.google.com/accounts/thread/104249380?hl=en (just tested this and it is really simple if you know your account security settings)

Good luck @IkamuzU
    This is the Way
  • I have contacted both Google and CG and there's nothing to do.

According to Google: "In order to recover the progress of games you must contact the developers directly, since they are the ones who own these files", "In this case, we don't have access to game or application data for user security reasons, so only developers can see the progress".

CG support team "once deleted that data cannot be recovered by us"
    I have contacted both Google and CG and there's nothing to do.

According to Google: "In order to recover the progress of games you must contact the developers directly, since they are the ones who own these files", "In this case, we don't have access to game or application data for user security reasons, so only developers can see the progress".

So you have deleted the SWGOH Game Profile not the Google play profile... Apologies as I misunderstood.

I still don't know how to delete my SWGOH profile on Android... Was it linked to FB?

The game data itself resides on your device, so surely you haven't deleted the data, only the profile? I think the process is unclear and I suspect that the data is also backed up somewhere by CG as there's an Ally Code and Player ID associated with it...

Does you Google Play Profile Still Exist (see google account settings)??
    This is the Way
  • what's your ally code @IkamuzU
    This is the Way
  • Natetiffer wrote: »
    So you have deleted the SWGOH Game Profile not the Google play profile... Apologies as I misunderstood.

I still don't know how to delete my SWGOH profile on Android... Was it linked to FB?

The game data itself resides on your device, so surely you haven't deleted the data, only the profile? I think the process is unclear and I suspect that the data is also backed up somewhere by CG as there's an Ally Code and Player ID associated with it...

I deleted my Google Play Gamer profile: https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/9130646?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Android

Natetiffer wrote: »

I deleted my Google Play Gamer profile: https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/9130646?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Android

ouch... Yeah, goodbye SWGOH...

what GP were you?
    This is the Way
  • Lumiya
    1431 posts Member
    But this means that your account maybe still exists in the game. Has one of your guildmates checked? If your account still exists it also means that it might be possible to link your account back to you, if you can prove that it is your account, for example with purchases you made, if you happen to have screenshots from before you deleted the profile.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • IkamuzU
    18 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    Lumiya wrote: »
    But this means that your account maybe still exists in the game. Has one of your guildmates checked?
    Yes. It still exists.
    If your account still exists it also means that it might be possible to link your account back to you, if you can prove that it is your account, for example with purchases you made, if you happen to have screenshots from before you deleted the profile.
    Can they really do that? the reply I got from CG support team is that they can't re-link the account.

But this means that your account maybe still exists in the game. Has one of your guildmates checked?
    Yes. It still exists.
    If your account still exists it also means that it might be possible to link your account back to you, if you can prove that it is your account, for example with purchases you made, if you happen to have screenshots from before you deleted the profile.
    Can they really do that? the reply I got from CG support team is that they can't re-link the account.

Custom support likely doesn’t have tool to do this as your scenario is rare. But I am sure a dev can do this in lower data level. The question is why do they want to waste Dev time on an individual player. Unless you are a big paying customer which get some priority.

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    IkamuzU wrote: »

Even if they added tools to re-link the account, you would still need to original Google Play associated to your account to relink it, or else anyone can relink anyone else's account
  • sloweagle wrote: »
    But I am sure a dev can do this in lower data level.
    If that's the case I have nothing to lose.

@CG_Tusken_Meathead could you give a hand with this?

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    sloweagle wrote: »
    But I am sure a dev can do this in lower data level.
    If that's the case I have nothing to lose.

CG_Tusken_Meathead could you give a hand with this?

No he won't because your only solution is accessing your own deleted google play account

And only google can help you with that
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    I have contacted both Google and CG and there's nothing to do.

You are also misunderstanding the issue

Google is talking about game data, CG is talking about google play account data

Both parties can't help with the other

Mixing and mingling both data as if they are one and the same will just lead to confusion communicating with both supports
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Closing this thread since this is outside the jurisdiction of the forums

To gain access to your swgoh account you need access to your Google Play (GP) account

To re-link swgoh accounts you need the following information when reaching out EA Support:

1. The original GP account
    2. The new GP account
    3. The Player ID
    4. Other necessary requirements by support

You cannot re-link accounts since your original GP account is deleted so reaching out to CG support is useless

You should re-link accounts before deleting your GP account

Your course of action is to get Google to undelete your original GP account (since CG isn't owned or is a subsidiary of Google they cannot assist you here) and then request a re-link to whatever new GP account you plan on using and then delete your original GP account once CG has confirmed a re-link
This discussion has been closed.