Do you HAVE to buy energy for conquest to get the maximum reward?

Tellithowitis
194 posts Member
edited August 2022
First time doing conquest since I returned to the game, not sure how far I can go. I have a 4.6 million GP account with a bunch of old G12 teams. I have both Revans, Padme, Bossk, Grievous, CLS, etc. I am doing the "easy" right now as I didn't have the option to go higher.

I have completed the first round and I'm on to the second one about half way there and I bought one refresh so far.

My question is, do you guys think I should be doing one refresh a day or maybe more? Based on standard energy refresh times, how many battles do you usually get assuming you never cap at 144? Right now I'm not sure if I should be buying refreshes and also if you buy refreshes then the rewards would be worth less since you're spending crystals that you can't use to buy stuff with.

I do not own either of the passes either.
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• First time doing conquest since I returned to the game, not sure how far I can go. I have a 4.6 million GP account with a bunch of old G12 teams. I have both Revans, Padme, Bossk, Grievous, CLS, etc. I am doing the "easy" right now as I didn't have the option to go higher.

I have completed the first round and I'm on to the second one about half way there and I bought one refresh so far.

My question is, do you guys think I should be doing one refresh a day or maybe more? Based on standard energy refresh times, how many battles do you usually get assuming you never cap at 144? Right now I'm not sure if I should be buying refreshes and also if you buy refreshes then the rewards would be worth less since you're spending crystals that you can't use to buy stuff with.

I do not own either of the passes either.

I highly doubt you will be able to red crate without energy refreshes, I think its worth it though, if you know you can max out
  • Hard mode no, all other modes yes
  • You absolutely cannot earn red crate without energy refreshes.

The first 6 conquests it was possible to do it without, but the devs decided that needed to change.
  • You absolutely cannot earn red crate without energy refreshes.

The first 6 conquests it was possible to do it without, but the devs decided that needed to change.
    You absolutely cannot earn red crate without energy refreshes.

On Easy mode though? Easy and Normal are nowhere near as grindy as hard. I actually do Normal because it's actually a lot of fun (for me).

I really look forward to that first day and see how many different teams I can use at the start. My big problem is my OCD gets in the way of using characters with depleted energy.

If you did things perfectly and as efficiently as possible it might be possible to do it on easy. 1 refresh a day though could be enough, I believe.

I guess see how you get on. Then amend your policy as needed.
  • Given conquest drop datacrons material in the last nodes of each sector, I would think some energy refresh is worth while even you don’t get the red crate
  • No, it is not possible for hard mode. I can’t speak to normal or easy since I haven’t played either since the devs upped the energy cost per node because “money”
  • I’ve completed all conquests so far (Hard) with a 1 to 3 days to spare using 50 crystal energy refresh x3.
  • Speaking from experience (on Hard):

If you don’t waste any energy, and maximize efficiency in completing feats while completing nodes, you’ll get the 3rd prize box - and will potentially make it the reward immediately before the 4th box - if you buy no energy refreshes. Buying a single refresh will likely get the 4th box.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Lol you guys (and gals?) OP is doing easy mode.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Rius
    356 posts Member
    I have done hard and normal. It will depend on your efficiency with battles, normal is still grindy and difficult for the lesser developed (fewer relic / few number of squad) roster. Normal is G12-R3 enemies and Hard is R4-R8.

Before doing hard I would do 1 or 2 refresh to get red box on normal but I had 3 very good relic squads that could still 3* at 10% stamina. I may not of even needed that as I finished a few days early too. But you describe your roster as mostly G12 if these are modded well and you get great data disks perhaps you will progress well. Data disks are vital, when I routinely completed normal, I got stuck one conquest in sector 4 because I had not been lucky with data disks. If you lose battles you consume energy and if your squads are low gear / stamina you may get too few stars and need to waste energy going back to repeat. Particularly sector 4 and 5 with higher relic enemies.

Max crate will need you to do as many feats as possible including global which is easier in normal, if you can do these as you go through it saves energy but if you need to repeat battles on weak nodes then it consumes more energy and you will need to refresh. If you have FO or resistance this time you will have a good chance with feats. To minimise energy consumption try to spread battles throughout day so your stamina remains as high as possible, or use different squads which sounds like you will have. You will have a good idea if it’s worth refreshing in sector 4 because if you struggle before that it’s unlikely you will get red box before improving some squads.
  • Rius
    356 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Lol you guys (and gals?) OP is doing easy mode.

Ah I miss read thought they said normal. Easy should be a walk in the park at 4.6M GP.

OP maybe get familiar with data disks and feats and try normal next time. First crate of normal is better than last in easy. Same as first crate in hard is better than last in Normal. So the higher you can do the better the rewards.

• Ravens1113 wrote: »
    I can’t speak to normal or easy since I haven’t played either since the devs upped the energy cost per node because “money”

That lasted one Conquest; then they reverted back to the previous energy costs.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    As for Easy mode, focus on getting through all the nodes and collecting the disc at the end so you can progress out of easy the next time. I don't know what the rewards are in Easy; you can check out what's in the boxes and on the track to estimate the crystal value.

Two things to keep in mind: The Conquest unit shards/blueprints are usually worth the crystals in Hard. It may be worth getting as many as you can in Easy as well so you don't have to wait 2-3 years to unlock the character from Proving Grounds. The other thing is to see how much of the Conquest currency is on the Easy rewards track. Going into harder modes, you may want as much of this as possible right away to buy the unit shards. This may also be worth more refreshes.
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    As for Easy mode, focus on getting through all the nodes and collecting the disc at the end so you can progress out of easy the next time. I don't know what the rewards are in Easy; you can check out what's in the boxes and on the track to estimate the crystal value.

Two things to keep in mind: The Conquest unit shards/blueprints are usually worth the crystals in Hard. It may be worth getting as many as you can in Easy as well so you don't have to wait 2-3 years to unlock the character from Proving Grounds. The other thing is to see how much of the Conquest currency is on the Easy rewards track. Going into harder modes, you may want as much of this as possible right away to buy the unit shards. This may also be worth more refreshes.

If I finish easy will I be able to do normal too?
  • Thank you all for the replies, I was wondering if I can do normal within the same conquest as soon as I'm done with easy, or does the game only allow you to pick one?
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    You are locked into the mode you chose until next conquest.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • You won't be able to do normal this conquest. However, if you defeat the last battle in sector 5, and you meet the GP requirements for 'Normal'. You'll be able to move up next conquest.

At 4.5 million you'll meet the requirements. However, you may find it difficult if you still haven't got relic teams. Reward wise you'll almost definitely do better moving up.
  • Make sure you pick up the final data disk after the sector 5 boss. I think that might be the trigger to tell the system you completed conquest.

You get 5 energy per hour for 120 per day, for 14 days is 1680 plus you got 144 to start with, so 1824 total for free.

You have to finish the math yourself, because I don't know the easy energy cost, and I'm not going to count the nodes for you.

Also your desire to get a higher reward crate, ability to complete some feats efficiently or at all might change it.
  • TVF wrote: »
    You are locked into the mode you chose until next conquest.

****.... Good to know tho
  • Make sure you pick up the final data disk after the sector 5 boss. I think that might be the trigger to tell the system you completed conquest.

You get 5 energy per hour for 120 per day, for 14 days is 1680 plus you got 144 to start with, so 1824 total for free.

You have to finish the math yourself, because I don't know the easy energy cost, and I'm not going to count the nodes for you.

Also your desire to get a higher reward crate, ability to complete some feats efficiently or at all might change it.

Thanks, this helps