Kit Reveal: Ben Solo

Replies

• ShawDou wrote: »

Only can't be defeated by instant defeat effects. Like Nihilus annihilate, Mando disintegrate. It's not like those were teams in use against Rey teams, and CAT only has one instant defeat per encounter, so I don't really know what that is aimed at.

How does SEE's link/instakill work with this. Does this prevent it also?

It will, but if you kill him first with that link and instant defeat he will not come back as it prevents revives. That part of kit does not really make sense at all. Maybe only if it is meant making that team super hard to clean up?

The idea is to make the SEE counter harder. It'll still work, but will be significantly more difficult. If you kill him early, you won't be able to use ult to kill him (or anyone else) later, so you have to be patient. The other problem is that SEE usually has to take a turn to kill Rey, which would cause Ben to revive, so you also have to kill him with the ult.

Basically forcing strategy and careful play. Of course, this is all speculation until we see Ben in action.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Scalen wrote: »
    Get this sequel garbage out of here.

zbmvl3c3hvge.gif

Why a fourth Kylo instead of Chars that haven't been implemented? How about Pong Crell, Darth Caedus or KotoR 2 Characters? Oo

because a 4th Kylo is the only one that makes sense to be Rey’s lifter unit
  • Looooki wrote: »
    The animations are so bad ...

https://youtu.be/hpxUGulsl7Y

Yes! Dont get me wrong, im excited, but he had so many cool moves in that fight. They could have used the jump behind and stab, or the behind the back saber and then spin. Other than the shrug his two saber moves looks the same
  • Scalen wrote: »

zbmvl3c3hvge.gif

Why a fourth Kylo instead of Chars that haven't been implemented? How about Pong Crell, Darth Caedus or KotoR 2 Characters? Oo

Well he does happen to be one of the biggest characters in the entire Skywalker Saga- the son of Han Solo and Leia....grandson of Vader. Last Skywalker blood. Helps kill the Emperor and sacrifices himself so Rey can live. Who the heck is Pong Crell??
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    So the unit name is actually "Ben Swolo"?
  • crzydroid wrote: »

I think I'm missing the joke? What am I missing with Swolo?
  • [Developer Insights - Kit Reveal ]

While Ben Solo is active, Rey can't be defeated. Ben Solo can't be defeated while Rey is above 50% health.

Which Rey? From the context of the sentence it makes it seem like any Rey, but that wouldn't make sense because you could have a team of all 3 Reys, Ben, and a healer, which would be kinda OP.
  • jsmokehaus wrote: »
    crzydroid wrote: »

I think I'm missing the joke? What am I missing with Swolo?

Some people call shirtless Kylo in the movie Ben Swolo (like, swollen, jacked, ripped, etc) because of how he looks
  • Awesome character. Still would love to see ajunta pal, exar can, and some other kotor characters...
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    Omega4269 wrote: »
    [Developer Insights - Kit Reveal ]

While Ben Solo is active, Rey can't be defeated. Ben Solo can't be defeated while Rey is above 50% health.

Which Rey? From the context of the sentence it makes it seem like any Rey, but that wouldn't make sense because you could have a team of all 3 Reys, Ben, and a healer, which would be kinda OP.

Answered earlier and in the Dev Insights. Whichever Rey is in the leader slot.
  • ndwilson wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    ndwilson wrote: »
    I am excited about this new unit. I do wish they would've done some of his fighting moves from his fight with the Knights of Ren but otherwise I'm looking forward to this character.

He does the shrug in his special 2

and i believe all his animation are from his fight

After rewatching the fight scene I stand corrected. I thought the first special was a rehash of robot legs Maul Seething Rage special but Ben uses Force push twice during that fight scene.

His 1st special is actually the same animation JML uses on his post-ult basic.

His own basic's animation is the same as Ki-Adi Mundis, just a very wee bit slower.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    His outfit looks horrible
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Nice and simple acronym for the new character though.

This is totally ****.
  • Oh it doesn't let you use the first letters as the acronym. That's totally ****.
  • Now I've got a new swear that no one will understand.

For example, the grindiness of this set of conquest feats are a load of ben solo.
  • CrispyFett wrote: »

zbmvl3c3hvge.gif

Well he does happen to be one of the biggest characters in the entire Skywalker Saga- the son of Han Solo and Leia....grandson of Vader. Last Skywalker blood. Helps kill the Emperor and sacrifices himself so Rey can live. Who the heck is Pong Crell??

Last Skywalker blood, I don't think so: Ben Swolo ABY 35, Cade Skywalker ABY 138
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    CrispyFett wrote: »

zbmvl3c3hvge.gif

Last Skywalker blood, I don't think so: Ben Swolo ABY 35, Cade Skywalker ABY 138

Who is Cade Skywalker? Sounds like a myth or legend to me.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Next:
    Rey Skywalker

zbmvl3c3hvge.gif

Least caved in movie-only consoomer.

zbmvl3c3hvge.gif

Hmmmm.... I suspect that's not canon, and falls under the "Legends" category now. Under that argument why not just get rid of Ben Solo (and all Kylo Rens) and replace him with Jacen and Jaina Solo?
  • Scalen
    11 posts Member

zbmvl3c3hvge.gif

Hmmmm.... I suspect that's not canon, and falls under the "Legends" category now. Under that argument why not just get rid of Ben Solo (and all Kylo Rens) and replace him with Jacen and Jaina Solo?

That's my Point, there are already Legends Characters like those from KotoR or Dash, Mara Jade etc. and it's even like scratching the tip of an iceberg, but instead the Devs keep it like the Empire: "the DeathStar has been destroyed... but I have an super original Idea: let's build another one" -.-
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member

zbmvl3c3hvge.gif

That's my Point, there are already Legends Characters like those from KotoR or Dash, Mara Jade etc. and it's even like scratching the tip of an iceberg, but instead the Devs keep it like the Empire: "the DeathStar has been destroyed... but I have an super original Idea: let's build another one" -.-

Devs can only go off what Disney will let them release.
  • Scalen
    11 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »

zbmvl3c3hvge.gif

Devs can only go off what Disney will let them release.

Pretty sad :'( meh
  • Why are you trying to make this character seem bad in conquest?

2nd special: Reusable in 4 turns. Deal special damage.

Uh... that's the same as the basic. Can't wait for it to come off cool down so I can use it again. First special at least gives offense up.

Was it intended that the summoned Ben Solo would have his abilities set to level 1?

Surely it is better marketing to give at least a partially upgraded version to try out. It's a big 4 dot disk taking up a lot of space.
  • UdalCuain wrote: »
    In the force dyad unique, does the Rey that can't be defeated include all versions of Rey, just GL Rey, or just the Rey in the lead slot mentioned earlier in the paragraph?

I would think just GL Rey (because that is her whole name in game), except that in the following omicron paragraph, it is spelled out as specifically GL Rey there, casting doubt on the meaning in the previous paragraph.

Any Rey in the lead slot. Dev Insight post has it written more clearly:
    "While Ben Solo is alive, any version of Rey in the Leader spot can't be defeated. Ben Solo can't be defeated while Rey is above 50% health"

Well, the summoned Ben is not stopping any Rey in the leader slot from being defeated. I had JTR lead.

q2bn93k6gale.jpg
  • Why are you trying to make this character seem bad in conquest?

2nd special: Reusable in 4 turns. Deal special damage.

Uh... that's the same as the basic. Can't wait for it to come off cool down so I can use it again. First special at least gives offense up.

Was it intended that the summoned Ben Solo would have his abilities set to level 1?

Surely it is better marketing to give at least a partially upgraded version to try out. It's a big 4 dot disk taking up a lot of space.

I was wondering the same thing, and whether it was intentional or a bug
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Saw someone say that they didn't think the summon has the ability upgraded.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

You can see in the screenshot the in-battle ability description includes Rey can't be defeated. It's part of his ability at level 1, upgrading just adjusts what health he has to be at. The one in the pic is at 100%, and that's where he was when JTR died.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    edited August 2022
    TVF wrote: »

You can see in the screenshot the in-battle ability description includes Rey can't be defeated. It's part of his ability at level 1, upgrading just adjusts what health he has to be at. The one in the pic is at 100%, and that's where he was when JTR died.

That's interesting. Because swgoh.gg mechanics do seem to suggest it's any Rey who is unkillable. But it also looks like it's a "health can't drop below 1" deal so she'd still be susceptible to insta-kills if it's past the one turn immunity. Not that anyone in that picture has that ability.
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

That's interesting. Because swgoh.gg mechanics do seem to suggest it's any Rey who is unkillable. But it also looks like it's a "health can't drop below 1" deal so she'd still be susceptible to insta-kills if it's past the one turn immunity. Not that anyone in that picture has that ability.

Currently, the insta-kill abilities haven't been updated to dispel Swolo's unique.

So I doubt they will work.