Inquisitors again?!

2Next

Replies

• R3D0 wrote: »
    Not a new player and they haven't done one faction for three out of six galactic challenges before. Obviously, they are going to create content specifically for the new faction, but this is ridiculous the extent to which you have to have to buy new roster to participate in game modes.

As for 3v3, it previously was limited by gp, meaning you weren't stuck with battling rosters with 3-4 million more gp. With the changes to GAC and removal of gp tiers, players are consistently matched up with gp rosters far exceeding their own.

They did this for like 3 months when BAM came out. It was specifically win with BAM in your party for every other GC for like 3 months

3 things here.

1. It was only 1 feat. At the moment we have 5 inquisitors and purge.

2. This was the start of Galatic Challenge, so since then we've been lulled into easier to max crate challenges.

3. Even if they do this with 'Hutt Cartel' we already have a lot of these characters; it's not a totally new team that most people really don't want to touch.

4. Literally the day after I got BAM..................these challenges stopped!!! Literally the day after!!!
    Not a new player and they haven't done one faction for three out of six galactic challenges before. Obviously, they are going to create content specifically for the new faction, but this is ridiculous the extent to which you have to have to buy new roster to participate in game modes.

As for 3v3, it previously was limited by gp, meaning you weren't stuck with battling rosters with 3-4 million more gp. With the changes to GAC and removal of gp tiers, players are consistently matched up with gp rosters far exceeding their own.

They did this for like 3 months when BAM came out. It was specifically win with BAM in your party for every other GC for like 3 months

3 things here.

2. This was the start of Galatic Challenge, so since then we've been lulled into easier to max crate challenges.

3. Even if they do this with 'Hutt Cartel' we already have a lot of these characters; it's not a totally new team that most people really don't want to touch.

4. Literally the day after I got BAM..................these challenges stopped!!! Literally the day after!!!
    Looks like you could do with a feat counter…

3 things here.

Looks like you could do with a feat counter…

Brilliant!
  • Looks like you could do with a feat counter…

Madness!
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Inquisitors: oh my goodness CG.

Yes you did tell us Inquis were going to be useful, but that didn't make us all want to rush out and get them.

Every other Galactic Challenge in what seems like forever and now 2 Conquests in a row! Whoever in the business is pushing Inquisitors constantly, can you please fire them!!

Ben Solo as a new Conquest character - sounds pretty interesting, sounds fun! Wanting to get a character or a ship because they sound interesting or fun - that's a good thing! Feeling you are OBLIGED to acquire a team because CG are going to shove it down your throat constantly. Well I'm not playing that game.

Seriously guys - it's like you are run by Jekyll and Hyde! There is someone attracting a fan base with interesting new content and someone else determined to shove stuff at us for profit and force the game in a direction the players - the PAYING players - don't want to go.

Wake up and smell the coffee. Please.
  • Why is everyone so entitled to getting all new content right now for free? Why would anyone spend money to have new things if there is 0 benefit? GAC, GC, new characters - all 100% free for 100% of everyone.

Furthermore, why do you even play if you dont want there to be something new to chase? If your current roster can do 100% of everything what exactly are you working towards in this game?

It doesn't need to be for free, and for sure we want new stuff to chase. I think the line is crossed when it's not the players choice. There should be multiple routes to varying goals to appeal to a range of players' styles. Being told to chase Inquisitors, whether or not you even know who they are, whether or not the team is any good, because you are going to HAVE TO have them for 2 Conquests in a row and a bazillion Galactic Challenges - that's just bonkers.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Always get every character and ship to 7*.
    Always chase the new characters, they are usually needed for something in the near future.
    If you want to play your way then do so but please do not throw a fit if the game doesnt go in the same direction.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Another Galactic Challenge with Inquisitors. Are you telling me you really are not bored with them every other challenge? Variety is the spice of life.
  • At R5 these guys barely, BARELY beat the g12 tier, I mean, I don't have the greatest mods on them but they're a garbage crew that hits like trucks, matchbox trucks.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.

• 4. Literally the day after I got BAM..................these challenges stopped!!! Literally the day after!!!

So you're saying the CG Dev in charge of pacing deserves a pat on the back? They incentivized you enough to get Mando 7* then didn't have to actually give you any additional rewards.

You never actually let the horse get the carrot.

The goalposts move. At least you got a great unit (Mando) - those who went for GI and relic'd six Inquis... well unless their whole guild went for GI it's probably not moving the TW needle, and the Inquis are hot trash in every other game mode.
  • I’m F2P and decided (after heaven CG suggestion) to go hard on inquisitors. I’m feeling good about my decision right now. I learned my lesson after not going hard on my Rogue One squadron :)
  • Pulsipher wrote: »
    I’m F2P and decided (after heaven CG suggestion) to go hard on inquisitors. I’m feeling good about my decision right now. I learned my lesson after not going hard on my Rogue One squadron :)

You have enough gear and crystals left for Profundity? If not you're going to be pretty disappointed in yourself within a month. Inquis are not worth the handful of extra slicing mats, and I and many others red created with the majority of them still in the purple.
  • At R5 these guys barely, BARELY beat the g12 tier, I mean, I don't have the greatest mods on them but they're a garbage crew that hits like trucks, matchbox trucks.
    At r5 my issue was not killing t10 too quickly…
  • Jarov
    13 posts Member
    CaesarAM wrote: »
    Inquisitors again for the next Galactic Challenge?

C’mon, man.

Careful, opinions are frowned upon here.
  • harvestmouse
    890 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    So you're saying the CG Dev in charge of pacing deserves a pat on the back?

Possibly yes, maybe it was 'inspired' pacing (if not for the below).

They incentivized you enough to get Mando 7* then didn't have to actually give you any additional rewards.

I don't think Galatic Challenge rewards were a big incentive for me getting Bando. That I think he's cool, and PvP are my main incentives. I thought getting slightly better rewards in GC would have been nice. I think anyway, as you're never too sure how you're being affected by such devious enticing!
    You never actually let the horse get the carrot.

Maybe, you need to let the donkey get the carrot now and again. Otherwise they'll lose incentive. I haven't invested in Inquisitors much at all. A bit for the 2nd sister for the ship, and a bit for the 7th sister as I love the character. Others, I haven't even activated.

Maybe this donkey has realised he's never going to get the carrot, so he's not even going to try? PULL YOUR OWN WAGON CG. THIS DONKEY WILL NO LONGER CHASE CARROTS OR PULL YOUR WAGON FOR YOU!
    At least you got a great unit (Mando)

Hmmmm not sure I'd call Bando a 'great' unit. Apart from the RC I hardly use him. He's 'somewhat' useful.

those who went for GI and relic'd six Inquis... well unless their whole guild went for GI it's probably not moving the TW needle, and the Inquis are hot trash in every other game mode.

At least I got this! BAHAAAHAAAAHAAAAHAAAAHAAA! Oh how this donkey, now sitting by the roadside without his wagon is laughing at all those donkeys chasing carrotuisitors!!! HAHAHAHA!!

• Why is everyone so entitled to getting all new content right now for free? Why would anyone spend money to have new things if there is 0 benefit? GAC, GC, new characters - all 100% free for 100% of everyone.

Furthermore, why do you even play if you dont want there to be something new to chase? If your current roster can do 100% of everything what exactly are you working towards in this game?

Because there are exceedingly few people who have nothing to chase other than the latest release. Simple as that. Game has been going what? 5-6 years now? People start every day. People just getting to 85 or Relic toon's now get told 'sucks to be you' if you don't fork out for the absolute latest release. Never mind they may not have 1 GL or be missing a lot of legendaries, etc. When the top level keeps getting pushed out further and further and then you gate it behind the newest content, why would anyone want to start playing if they're forced to spend big to get the things they need to progress?

No one's begrudging them making events for their newest release. The issue is making HALF of all gear events require them. A few short months after release, they're mandatory for a large chunk of CQ feats for what turns out to be a bare minimum of 6 months! Then toss in their half the AB's lately and, yeah, it's a bit much.

If you don't have everything, odds are there are GL's and Legendaries, and ships, etc more important for people to, uh, 'chase', than Inquisitors. But, you're now getting punished for it in essence. That's the complaint people have. And, uh, no Mandalorians were not forced remotely this much. They didn't have a ton of feats in conquest, ever, let alone 6 months worth. The weren't half of all AB's, etc.

If you're caught up on everything and you can make this your current chase, that's great for you and a I do mean that, however, 90% of the game isn't that far along where it's easy to shift to that as their next goal. Again, nothing wrong with making them part of the game, they're just too **** big a part of it right now.
  • nottenst wrote: »
    They know this information and it should be relatively trivial to implement.

Working with Programmers; the one thing they hate is somebody saying 'It should be easy to code' etc etc.

I'm told all the time 'Unless you're a programmer that knows the specific coding, don't assume anything. Some things you think are easy to code, are very difficult. Some things you would presume are difficult are relatively simple.'

Then they go on about 'Just ask, and we can look into it' which doesn't really apply here, as well..........it's CG.

Seriously? He's referring to a feat requiring extending a fight. That's less programming and more design. Doesn't involve any programming to make you face a proper team to be able extend a fight. If that has to be done in a single fight, it's game design, not programming.

As a programmer myself, I don't run into people tell me that things should be easy to code. Maybe i'm just lucky enough to work with smarter people, who knows? Here, people tend to say things like that because we get excuses from mods or cg saying things like 'we can't do <this> becuase it's too hard to code', etc. (this comes up on nerfs frequently.)

There's also a difference between hard to do and just long to do. There are various things that are in fact easy to code, but it takes time to do it and, yeah, sometimes I imagine they don't have the time. Thing is they tend to ignore things (JML bug, etc) that show us they don't want to make the effort to fix things when pointed out. Now, maybe that's not the case and they really have a hard time finding these things, but the message that makes it to users is more that they don't care - which in turn makes people respond that way.

• 🤷🏼‍♂️ I like Inquisitors. Haven’t gotten a red crate in any of them—I might not even have gotten gold, come to think of it. Just hit 5* for the hard node farms so I won’t be getting red for a while.

But they’re an interesting faction and I enjoy having a reason to use them. Hopefully the “every other Challenge” rate changes soon, I’m ready for more variety.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    It already changed, we had two in a row without them.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    It already changed, we had two in a row without them.

Did we? I didn't notice. Well then I guess I'm satisfied!

Now if only their shards would drop faster...
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • When they celebrate Bad Batch, i believe those challenges was doable with old clones too..
    I could be wrong here..
    And someone who has problems to get 60 purge.. use second sister as leader.. then use lot basics and bam.. there you have those 60 purges.
  • You’re spot on here - every time most of us goes hard on a team it will leave us unable to pick up the next one or two. It can be hard to decide when to go all in - but I prefer that to the days of everyone having identical rosters - pre-GL when everyone was able to get every new character and team (it seemed)

I am ready for the profundity but will be behind on Jabba-
    Pulsipher wrote: »
    I’m F2P and decided (after heaven CG suggestion) to go hard on inquisitors. I’m feeling good about my decision right now. I learned my lesson after not going hard on my Rogue One squadron :)

You have enough gear and crystals left for Profundity? If not you're going to be pretty disappointed in yourself within a month. Inquis are not worth the handful of extra slicing mats, and I and many others red created with the majority of them still in the purple.