Executor fleet crews can’t ignore marked pilotless enemies (can’t switch targets)

PigRiderStarWatcher
56 posts Member
edited August 2022
As the picture shows, enemy vulture droid is Marked by my Razor Crest, and yet I can’t choose to aim and attack other ships. The same thing happened in fleet arena. Is this a bug or is this “working as intended?”ic5y9mmpzwfo.png

Replies

• Here’s the thing…

In this thread: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/257934/update-8-3#latest , the devs claimed this:
    fs3iqk422qfa.jpeg
    So we have to guess what has happened….

- in “fixing” the bug that the mark could be ignored for basically any other ship, they’ve stopped the ability to ignore mark for all ships
    - the vulture droid you have marked is a “summon”, and the fix doesn’t extend to summoned units even though it should.
  • Or of course there’s a third possibility…

The Exec’s unique description says:
    awhboj2vbpot.jpeg
    Now in most other aspects of the game, Mark and Taunt are considered as equivalent.

It could be that the devs are choosing, on this occasion, to consider them as different.

Given that this third possibility would require no further fixing from the devs, I’d guess this is the one they will stand by.

awhboj2vbpot.jpeg
    Now in most other aspects of the game, Mark and Taunt are considered as equivalent.

It could be that the devs are choosing, on this occasion, to consider them as different.

Given that this third possibility would require no further fixing from the devs, I’d guess this is the one they will stand by.

This. I can imagine "Mark" is technically not coded the same way as "Taunt".

Btw., I wonder what happens when you use Geo Spy's forced Taunt (which is a debuff) with Executor. Would the BH ships be able to bypass that debuff - taunt, if it lands on a crew-less ship?

awhboj2vbpot.jpeg

Thank you! That makes sense. I just want you to know that the vulture droid I showed in the picture was not a summoned one. You can tell by the max-health pool. But other than that, yeah it makes sense!
  • Antario wrote: »
    Or of course there’s a third possibility…

awhboj2vbpot.jpeg

This. I can imagine "Mark" is technically not coded the same way as "Taunt".

Btw., I wonder what happens when you use Geo Spy's forced Taunt (which is a debuff) with Executor. Would the BH ships be able to bypass that debuff - taunt, if it lands on a crew-less ship?

I don’t know. Never tried that.

• My guess would be that because marked is a debuff, the game thinks that it is helping your fleet, even when it isn’t.
  • shz7hl2vsocr.png

Looks like Mark and Taunt aren’t the same thing here: my regular Bounty Hunters under Executor CAN ignore enemy IG-2000 (a droid ship)‘a taunting…