Hi all, I quit the game 2 years ago, is there any incentive for coming back?

Gorem
1190 posts Member
Just been wondering if I should return, does CG (is it still CG?) offer a come back pack or something? Will I need a code or find a really old email or something?

Just wondering if there is any benefit to continue my old account such as a free booster to gain as I did play awhile back and would be nice to get something to help me get back into the game.

Replies

• Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Sounds like my decision to quit (Realised it was Sept 2019, so 2.8 years ago) was correct. A lot of my old guild has quit which was the only reason I played, and back then I did say I would come back if new content was ever released for guilds.

Which I see, has not been the case. Which means Hsith, which has been soloable ever since that Kylo GL came out, is still the last new guild content the game has seen.

And I see even hardcore players like Nikoms quit, when they buffed what looks like an already brokenly op empire ship, and also nerfed Luke's and Vader and counters to GL with Non-GL toons.

Unless of course by now they reverted the 08/26/2021 changes?

The only reason I played back then was my guild cause CG was terrible, and apparently, nothing has changed. They lied to us back then, and are still lying to us today. I'm honestly amazed this game is still alive in that case.

I did want to come back, but reading up on info, and yes, seeing that interview that literally just happened, means I shouldn't come back, ever.

Especially as of course, stuff they promised three years ago, still are not in the game. By the sounds of it....

The game is worse then when I left it.
  • I think you made the right decision back then.
  • Just think - with what you’ve saved, you could spend it on https://news.artnet.com/market/han-solo-blaster-auction-2153030/amp-page
  • Gorem wrote: »
    Sounds like my decision to quit (Realised it was Sept 2019, so 2.8 years ago) was correct. A lot of my old guild has quit which was the only reason I played, and back then I did say I would come back if new content was ever released for guilds.

Which I see, has not been the case. Which means Hsith, which has been soloable ever since that Kylo GL came out, is still the last new guild content the game has seen.

And I see even hardcore players like Nikoms quit, when they buffed what looks like an already brokenly op empire ship, and also nerfed Luke's and Vader and counters to GL with Non-GL toons.

Unless of course by now they reverted the 08/26/2021 changes?

The only reason I played back then was my guild cause CG was terrible, and apparently, nothing has changed. They lied to us back then, and are still lying to us today. I'm honestly amazed this game is still alive in that case.

I did want to come back, but reading up on info, and yes, seeing that interview that literally just happened, means I shouldn't come back, ever.

Especially as of course, stuff they promised three years ago, still are not in the game. By the sounds of it....

The game is worse then when I left it.

There is a challenge Pit level that is newer than Hsith for guilds. It's not soloable, and needs a decent guild to beat it. Due to its ramping damage and speed, plus devour, it will likely never be soloable.

TW is worse than ever though. Up to 50 squads per territory, matchmaking can match across reward tiers for massive advantage to 1 guild, datacrons give the strongest teams huge buffs. TW is the only way to get r9 materials, and only for guilds over 300M gp.
  • The arena doesn’t matter anymore, Datacrons have changed things a lot-
    I think the game is really fun as long as you find a guild that fits your playstyle. I have had to modify my goals a bit as spending has become more important to playing at the top but after those modifying those expectations I am really enjoying things.
    Datacrons are at least interesting if you don’t let yourself get frustrated and I really like trying to get the most out of my roster every Conquest. GAC is really fun too once you have settled into the appropriate range.
    I say come back and enjoy some more Star Wars in your life :)
  • @Gorem
    Just to give a different opinion to the negative ones above:
    I still enjoy SWGOH — especially GAC and TW. I’m enjoying the complications of Datacrons.
    I still like trying to push myself in TB and help my guild with KAM streams etc….

I guess we all are different & I respect that the posters above disagree with me! Do you have a Swgoh.gg link to your account? We could maybe have a look and (constructively) guide you if we could see your roster.
    MTFBWY
    Grondak
  • Also the overpowered ship - Executor…..is getting a rival soon (Profundity)!
    PLUS it’s very beatable with other ships now. Last TW I killed 4 max Executors
    1) Mirror match
    2) Malevolence + TFP counter
    3) Finaliser + Echelon counter
    4) H1 with relic Bistan’s UWing

So unless Profundity is ridiculously OP (which is possible) we might have 5 fleets that can beat Executor fairly consistently.