What is lord vader actually good at?

As the title asks I've seen so much bullying of lord vader and I just want to know if he actually has any viability whatsoever inside of GAC. Like what does he counter what counters him and stuff like that would be useful.

Replies

• He can solo full fo/slkr teams. Yeh bh’s work ok on him if you go weak with your LV team but ive also seen him get unlimited holds on defense an get the player many wins by holding down a area and stopping a clear. He’s actually one of the hardest gl’s to cleanup. If they don’t have a gl to use to cleanup a solo LV they can waste their entire roster trying take him out. He gets way more hate than he should.
  • He's great in Conquest with all the DoT data disks. I use him to run through territories. Outside of that, he's not bad. He just takes too long to ramp up his ulti.
  • Is he the best Galactic Legend? No. But are even "weak" Galactic Legends still very good teams? Very, very much so. Put him on defense, force them to use an extremely strong team to take it out.

It's not like there's a hard cap on what you can have in your collection. Having Lord Vader doesn't preclude you from having any other characters. It just means you're working in series rather than in parallel.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • He can solo full fo/slkr teams. Yeh bh’s work ok on him if you go weak with your LV team but ive also seen him get unlimited holds on defense an get the player many wins by holding down a area and stopping a clear. He’s actually one of the hardest gl’s to cleanup. If they don’t have a gl to use to cleanup a solo LV they can waste their entire roster trying take him out. He gets way more hate than he should.

what would his ideal lineup be then so I don't cheap out on him?
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    LV, Maul, Stormtrooper, Royal Guard, and the fifth can be Thrawn, Gideon, Darth Vader, Piett, 9th Sister, Shoretrooper, or any other Empire or DS tank.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Also good in TB, easy 4/4 with maul, rg, and whatever empire you have left.
  • Well, OT asked about viability in GAC. I sometimes use LV to solo GAS in 3v3 GAC. This is particularly valuable given there aren't many efficient and reliable counters to GAS in 3v3.

Example of what LV can beat in 3v3 (last season) https://swgoh.gg/gac/who-to-attack/LORDVADER/?season=29
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    He's effing great. All the "LV sucks" nonsense is just gibberish repeated by people who can't resist slurping up Ahnald's clickbait diarrhea.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Tiig
    296 posts Member
    Rogered711 wrote: »
    As the title asks I've seen so much bullying of lord vader and I just want to know if he actually has any viability whatsoever inside of GAC. Like what does he counter what counters him and stuff like that would be useful.

Modded correctly, and with the right DC, and a couple of other GLs on D, he can just about guarantee that you won’t clear no matter what your roster. Makes for a very boring gac and part of why I stopped doing gac
  • He's great in Conquest with all the DoT data disks. I use him to run through territories. Outside of that, he's not bad. He just takes too long to ramp up his ulti.

This. With a couple of Amplify Agony and a Volatile accelerator disc, he can solo almost anything in conquest. I use him as clean up "crew" on the nodes I fail to 3 star the first time around.

Also, with datacrons he is a pretty good defensive toon in GAC.
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    He's effing great. All the "LV sucks" nonsense is just gibberish repeated by people who can't resist slurping up Ahnald's clickbait diarrhea.

Absolutely. He's amazing.

Kenobi on the other hand is awful.

The difference is the lifter unit. Cat is what makes the Kenobi team good. She's also great on other teams but Kenobi is basically roster weight without her. Literally the worst GL

And with how gated cat is, it makes the team even worse.

• ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    Hes good at the hurdles event in track and field. Hes got mad ups.

Though he doesnt like the distance jump due to the sand... he has a pretty good reach when it comes to jumping, so sometimes the coach subs him in.

But most importantly:
    He always entertains the crowd... not just the men, but the women and the children too.
    Post edited by ShaggyB on
  • He really doesn’t like sand; it’s rough, coarse, irritating, and it gets everywhere.

Lord Vader is a good GL, regardless of what Ahnald and his fanboybase say.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    He really doesn’t like sand; it’s rough, coarse, irritating, and it gets everywhere.

Who can blame him?

Hes also good at barrel roles... i mean thats a good trick right?
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    He really doesn’t like sand; it’s rough, coarse, irritating, and it gets everywhere.

I believe his only issue with LV is lack of DPS against other GLs and Fennec counter

Both points i agree with, the GL does not do well on defense with his lifter because a very friendly counter Fennec exists that no LV comp can prevent it

You can save him for offense but his damage takes 4+ minutes to ramp up that you risk losing or timing out against other GLs without his lifter (sometimes even with his lifter depending on which GL you are going against)

He’s a great GL for defense if opponent somehow flops using Fennec, and offensively he can take out any team other than GLs

So he’s bad in that regard and its valid complaints imo
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    Ultra wrote: »

I believe his only issue with LV is lack of DPS against other GLs and Fennec counter

Both points i agree with, the GL does not do well on defense with his lifter because a very friendly counter Fennec exists that no LV comp can prevent it

You can save him for offense but his damage takes 4+ minutes to ramp up that you risk losing or timing out against other GLs without his lifter (sometimes even with his lifter depending on which GL you are going against)

He’s a great GL for defense if opponent somehow flops using Fennec, and offensively he can take out any team other than GLs

So he’s bad in that regard and its valid complaints imo

Hes still flying half a ship though right?