Thoughts on Jabba the Hutt GL

Does anybody know what Jabba could really do as a galactic legend? Jar Jar Binks fights better than him (but i think Jar Jar has a method to the madness). I just kind of feel like a galactic legend with no attacking abilities would almost be a waste. It’s not that supports like C-3PO or Wat Tambor are bad, but you don’t even have to kill them to end the battle. His health therefore would be kind of meaningless, and he would not do well on offense.

Replies

• He smacked 3PO quite hard in ROTJ
  • I think he’s like The Godfather of GLs. He doesn’t get his hands dirty but when he points someone else makes sure the target dies.
  • oh u mean kinda like JML giving the lessons to the others and it makes them kill?
  • Trap door instant death?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Does anybody know what Jabba could really do as a galactic legend? Jar Jar Binks fights better than him (but i think Jar Jar has a method to the madness). I just kind of feel like a galactic legend with no attacking abilities would almost be a waste. It’s not that supports like C-3PO or Wat Tambor are bad, but you don’t even have to kill them to end the battle. His health therefore would be kind of meaningless, and he would not do well on offense.

We will have to see if he will be a non-combantant or not
  • Does anybody know what Jabba could really do as a galactic legend? Jar Jar Binks fights better than him (but i think Jar Jar has a method to the madness). I just kind of feel like a galactic legend with no attacking abilities would almost be a waste. It’s not that supports like C-3PO or Wat Tambor are bad, but you don’t even have to kill them to end the battle. His health therefore would be kind of meaningless, and he would not do well on offense.

was it said that he was a non-combatant anywhere?
    They could easily make one of his abilities attack by having say 2 bounty hunters appear behind him and shoot all enemies. or they do a Jawa engineer, like thing where he somehow can throw thermals (not necessarily throwing thermals, but something similar where he could deal damage), or like half the character do and call a ship to attack.

• yes that is true. he could have combat abilities, but he’s so fat i don’t think he could rly fight. but i may be wrong.
  • y’all are right! he may be worth more than i think
  • DonPuto
    371 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    Maybe he regurgitates things he eats, spews them out, and the spew spreads like acid. Similar to burning or maybe even plague.
  • yolkywareagle
    1016 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    lol
  • DarthGrff
    178 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    He needs an ability where he uses his tongue on everyone then gives them the slime ability or stuns them lol
  • Jacgul
    212 posts Member
    I do think it's kind of ridiculous that in martial abilities, Jabba the Hutt will be considered on par with Masters Kenobi and Skywalker and SEE...Leia killed him with a chain specifically because of how unable to fight he was.
  • If he's as big as he should, it will be a visual nightmare.
    The best defense will be to put it in front of the toon you don't want to be targeted.
    You probably won't use it with yoda, but he's the smallest toon that comes to my mind. Imagine trying to target yoda if you can't even see where he is.
    Imagine if he is a non combatant and his attacks are calls for assist, for example. Trying to select the toon will be fun.
  • If he's as big as he should, it will be a visual nightmare.
    The best defense will be to put it in front of the toon you don't want to be targeted.
    You probably won't use it with yoda, but he's the smallest toon that comes to my mind. Imagine trying to target yoda if you can't even see where he is.
    Imagine if he is a non combatant and his attacks are calls for assist, for example. Trying to select the toon will be fun.

There’s always the New Hope special edition model from ‘97. He was much smaller then. Not that I’d want that model exactly, but it’s not unreasonable.