Kit Reveal: Skiff Guard (Lando Calrissian)

Prev1
CG_Tusken_Meathead
331 posts EA Community Manager
[Developer Insights - Kit Reveal ]

UNIT NAME: Skiff Guard (Lando Calrissian)
ALIGNMENT: Light
CATEGORIES: Light Side, Attacker, Hutt Cartel, Scoundrel, Smuggler
Cunning Scoundrel Attacker who assists his allies and gains ramping damage the longer he stays undercover

ABILITIES:

BASIC: Double Dealer
i5gl1t9c3zdp.gif

Final Text:

Deal Physical damage to target enemy. Skiff Guard (Lando Calrissian) gains a stack of Deep Cover (max 5) for the rest of battle, which can't be copied.

Deep Cover: +10% Defense Penetration and Potency

SPECIAL 1: Cutter Vibro-Ax - Cooldown 3
gszp8ef4a0fv.gif

Final Text:

Deal Physical damage to target enemy. This attack gains 10% Defense Penetration and 20% Offense per stack of Deep Cover on Skiff Guard (Lando Calrissian). If Skiff Guard (Lando Calrissian) has 5 stacks of Deep Cover, inflict target enemy with 2 stacks of Damage Over Time for 2 turns and Armor Shred until the end of battle, and there is a 50% chance to have the cooldown of Cutter Vibro-Axe refreshed.

SPECIAL 2: Covert Coordination - Cooldown 3 (Zeta)
iutj0swxbhol.gif

Final Text:

Dispel all debuffs on target other ally. Grant stacks of Deep Cover to target other ally equal to the number of stacks on Skiff Guard (Lando Calrissian) for 2 turns. If target other ally is Hutt Cartel, they gain Retribution and Speed Up for 2 turns. If target other ally is Dark Side, they gain Defense Up and Health Up for 2 turns. If target other ally is Light Side, they gain Potency Up and Stealth for 2 turns. Call target other ally to assist, then grant them a bonus turn.

UNIQUE: Agent On The Inside (Omicron)

Final Text:

Skiff Guard (Lando Calrissian) has +15% Defense Penetration. Allies with any stacks of Deep Cover have +15% Defense Penetration and +30% Potency. At the start of his turn, Skiff Guard (Lando Calrissian) gains a stack of Deep Cover (max 5), which can't be copied. If all allies were Hutt Cartel at the start of battle, Skiff Guard (Lando Calrissian) gains 5 stacks of Deep Cover, and while he has 5 stacks of Deep Cover, he gains the granted ability Hutt's Favor.

Hutt's Favor: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and consume all stacks of Deep Cover on Skiff Guard (Lando Calrissian). This attack deals 3% of target enemy's Max Health per debuff on them. Skiff Guard (Lando Calrissian) gains a stack of Trusted Agent (max 5) for the rest of battle, which can't be copied, dispelled, or prevented.

Trusted Agent: +30% Defense Penetration and Offense; at 1 or more stacks, attack again when performing a Basic attack

While in Territory Wars: Allies with Deep Cover gain an additional 10% Defense Penetration, 20% Potency, and 20 Speed. When Skiff Guard (Lando Calrissian) gains a stack of Deep Cover, he grants one stack of Deep Cover to a random ally who doesn't have it, which can't be copied (excluding Galactic Legends).

Granted - Hutt's Favor
flcn7usuu4yh.gif

Final Text:

Deal Physical damage to target enemy and consume all stacks of Deep Cover on Skiff Guard (Lando Calrissian). This attack deals 3% of target enemy's Max Health per debuff on them. Skiff Guard (Lando Calrissian) gains a stack of Trusted Agent (max 5) for the rest of battle, which can't be copied, dispelled, or prevented.

Trusted Agent: +30% Defense Penetration and Offense; at 1 or more stacks, attack again when performing a Basic attack

Replies

• Very cool
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Wonder what the level 3 alignment will be for hutt cartel faction (unless both ls/ds can roll hutt cartel as level 6)
  • Looks like a fun kit. It seems he will be a decent damage dealer, with some buffs to improve other damage dealers within your team.
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Thought CG was like "Defense Pen Bad!" and thats why they nerfed those chars. Odd that they are adding it back in again.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited August 2022
    Bhaalor wrote: »
    Thought CG was like "Defense Pen Bad!" and thats why they nerfed those chars. Odd that they are adding it back in again.

Defense Pen is fine, ignoring armor wasn't

in fact, they gave GAS Defense Pen when they changed his kit to remove ignore armor
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Also the kit pretty much confirms boush leia next marquee
  • Why isn't his name Tamtel Skreej (Lando Calrissian) ?
    That was what he used while undercover...
  • His name is Tamtel Skreej
  • I know that guy! But it's a great looking model, so why not reuse it. Kit looks good too.

You should honestly do this with all event characters that aren't playable yet. E.g., Scout Trooper could complete the Imperial Remnant faction.

470uvn0i4jvr.png
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    Just want to double check something. With Covert Coordination, does a DS ally that is also Hutt Cartel gain both sets of buffs or the Hutt Cartel. It is likely both, but it never hurts to double check.

Also, I think his kit is going to make him quite a versatile character.
  • Zumwan
    354 posts Member
    The animation for Hutt's Favor appears to be the same as the basic, is it the wrong gif?
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Also the kit pretty much confirms boush leia next marquee

We could have had Boush Leia GL and her transformation is into her Hutt Slayer outfit :D
  • Is Hutt's favor reusable ? Why is there a number of stacks of Trusted Agent, as it doesn't seem to scale with stacks ? Is really the animation of Hutt's favor the same as the basic attack ?
    Nevertheless, cool kit, even if I'm not a big fan of "50% chance to do something awesome". But I guess there is still some gambler left in him ^^
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    From the Dev Insight:

"Our first Return of the Jedi 40th Anniversary Celebration Character"

Hmmm...
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »
    From the Dev Insight:

"Our first Return of the Jedi 40th Anniversary Celebration Character"

Hmmm...

man-40.gif
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • He needs an additional tag in his unique saying something like “qualifies or counts as a dark side unit”. So that dark side leader abilities still work with him.
    Because he’s “under cover” so him and BH leia should both count as dark side, even if they don’t had the dark side tag.
  • I don’t think I’ll use him tbh he seems more like a rebel than one of jabbas cartel. In terms of replacing someone like boba or bossk for him. I wonder what the other 4 toons will be for jabbas challenge

Probably - mob enforcer, skiff guard, boba, dengar, and bossk,
  • really expected it to be boushh (leia organa), but this is pretty cool too.
  • really expected it to be boushh (leia organa), but this is pretty cool too.

I hope they don’t bring boushh right now cos that will be two impersonators. Do you know who they should bring in

!!!!!!!!!SLAVE LEIA!!!!!!!!
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    subxsimo wrote: »
    really expected it to be boushh (leia organa), but this is pretty cool too.

I hope they don’t bring boushh right now cos that will be two impersonators. Do you know who they should bring in

why slave leia
  • subxsimo wrote: »
    I don’t think I’ll use him tbh he seems more like a rebel than one of jabbas cartel. In terms of replacing someone like boba or bossk for him. I wonder what the other 4 toons will be for jabbas challenge

Bossk isn't hutt cartel, so I don't know why he's in your thinking here. Neither is Dengar. I am assuming all of the current toons that were going to get hutt cartel already have it now, but maybe others will as the requirements are released.
  • subxsimo wrote: »
    I don’t think I’ll use him tbh he seems more like a rebel than one of jabbas cartel. In terms of replacing someone like boba or bossk for him. I wonder what the other 4 toons will be for jabbas challenge

Bossk isn't hutt cartel, so I don't know why he's in your thinking here. Neither is Dengar. I am assuming all of the current toons that were going to get hutt cartel already have it now, but maybe others will as the requirements are released.

They don’t need to be hurt cartel but significant members to the GL. Embo was used for LV and cad bane for JMK, greedo, guard are used so that leaves mob enforcer and boba and krrasantan. So dengar and bossk seem very significant for jabba

• Ultra wrote: »
    really expected it to be boushh (leia organa), but this is pretty cool too.

why slave leia

She was jabbas wife, until Han captured leia
  • Dengar is hurt cartel in Lego Starwars…does that count?

• crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    I mean, Dengar is at Jabba's Palace in RotJ.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    Winterwolves wrote: »

7tep0hnhmp93.jpeg
    hvzn1dkmime5.jpeg

Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Winterwolves
    1717 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    I mean, there is a BH tank with hutt cartel callouts all through his kit. And you're forced to get him to relics anyway. But if you plan on still only having one BH team after Jabba arrives, that's fine too.

I never said Bossk and Dengar had nothing to do with Jabba. Where are the callouts in their kits to hutt cartel, or the tag to let them fully benefit from, I don't know, Jabba's kit, Krsantan's kit, the kit at the start of this thread?
  • Hard no to Slave Leia.

And I've had this conversation with a number of women who play SWGOH: there will be a serious revolt if she shows up.
  • Lumiya
    1431 posts Member
    Hard no to Slave Leia.

And I've had this conversation with a number of women who play SWGOH: there will be a serious revolt if she shows up.

Agree. You just have to read or listen to Carrie Fisher interviews to know, how she felt about it.

Also, if Leia gets another character, which I hope she does, it should be a GL. She deserves to be a GL. And I certainly would revolt if that would be SL.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • I really hope one of them is Salacious Crumb. Would be amazing. Could have a support type kit akin to Hyoda