So, I kinda hate my arena team...

Any suggestions on which direction to go? I currently have a mish-mash of toons that I thought would be pretty good when I was a noob. I'm really looking for synergy (and almost have Nightsisters team ready to compete in arena, but not quite...)

Currently have
6* gear 8 Qui-Gon
7* Gear 8 Lumi
7* gear 8 Sid
7* gear 8 NS initiate
7* gear 8 Ventress

All level 70

Not a bad team, but not very reliable, and very weak on Defense and in the AI.

Have a few toons that could be brought up with a little work:
Dooku, Phasma, Yoda, Teebo, Daka to name a few.

Was trying to avoid cookie cutter teams but it seems if you want to do well you kinda have to use the same 5 toons everyone else is using.

Any thoughts?

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!

Replies

• Kylar
    21 posts Member
    Go for Qgj(l), lumi, sid, dooku and yoda...works pretty decent and is okisch on Defense (dropping from top 5 at payouts to 15-25 Till i Go up again on early Novemberserver)
  • Sounds like a decent route with not much effort to get to. My Yoda is 5* now but 7* might be doable by next event.

My current team is actually not too terrible, but has issues with teams that generate a lot of attacks and turn meter manipulation. In general that's a tough thing to beat but mine just doesn't have the Defense to hold on long enough to string together good offense.

Will definitely keep these options in mind
  • wettshoes1
    271 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Based in the toons you listed, I see 2 good teams once you max them ...

1) Dooku (L)
    Sid/lumi
    QGJ
    Yoda
    Daka

2) QGJ (L)
    Yoda
    Dooku
    Daka
    Lumi

With the toons you listed I see these are your best set-ups. You could even rotate these 2 teams depending on if you need alittle more speed or evasion. Don't worry about Defense - everyone sucks on D lol. (But team 1 would suck a little less)
  • Ventress is your weakest link. I would bounce Ventress and go for Obi Wan personally. He is usable even at 4*. Yoda would be my next choice and then I'd put him in for Sid. Sid is kinda overrated in arena.
  • chuckwing wrote: »
    Ventress is your weakest link. I would bounce Ventress and go for Obi Wan personally. He is usable even at 4*. Yoda would be my next choice and then I'd put him in for Sid. Sid is kinda overrated in arena.

I agree about Sid being overrated I the arena but so is Ben imo. If you are going to farm a tank or just someone new I would just farm RG.

• Interesting. I'm farming my Daka now she's almost 6*. Dooku is only 4* right now but level 70 gear 8 so with a little focus, he can be ready in a couple weeks (I don't spend much $$ so cantina farming is a long process. And every toon I need to promote is in the cantina).

Also, what are your thoughts on Teebo or ST Han? Han will be 5* in a day or two and Teebo 7* by end of week.
  • I haven't played around with teebo, but I have used ST Han.

I tried him with a Dooku lead with QGJ Daka Yoda and was underwhelmed. I'm on a mature server- some of the top guys started playing in Nov. I only see one guy in the top 10 with ST Han on his team, but he uses poggle and 86 too. In theory Han could be interesting but I'm not sure how best to play him with the rest of your guys.

I usually run:

QGJ
    Dooku
    Daka
    Yoda
    Ashoka

All 7* and gear 8 and nearly maxed abilities. Depending on the team I face I switch leads between QGJ and Dooku. As long as I use good strategy - offense isn't a problem but my defense is weak and isn't nearly as good as RG teams. I routinely finish in the top 5 but will get knocked back to the teens overnight.
  • Yeah playing on mature servers is tough. Mine is an early December server and the top 200 is all 25k+ squad power. Doesn't matter who you have, you always drop 50 or so spots over night.

Only reason I was thinking Teebo was for the debuff and turn meter manipulation. TM manic seems to be the only halfway decent counter agains speed/assist meta.
  • I never see teebo in a top 20 team on my server - but maybe wait a few weeks until the game is updated before you invest heavily in anyone?
  • That's exactly what I'm thinking. I'm keeping on my current plan of farming Nightsisters since I really like the team, but as for arena, only time will tell after update. Just trying to hold on for dear life. Went from an all time high of #36 down to #220 this afternoon and it isn't getting any easier to work back up haha.

Hoping for a little luck with the meta update. Have a bunch of toons that might become players after the meta shift.