[MEGATHREAD] Road Ahead: June 2022 - Datacrons

Replies

• Rius
    356 posts Member
    How about we keep Datacrons but get refunded all the money and crystals we have spent on mods that is now completely useless against Datacrons.

Both are very much useful. For example the 25% turn-meter at start of battle does not guarantee first turn, if you are poorly modded for speed and they are very well modded the other team may still go first and build an advantage.

So calling mods completely useless is an exaggeration. As much of the negativity to datacrons is.

• RTS
    682 posts Member
    There's been at least 1 beta tester that is already on record to a streamer as saying "This looks way better t
    jtcone wrote: »
    CG, do you need another 20 pages of "datacrons suck" before reality finally sinks in? They are THE SINGLE WORST THING TO EVER HAPPEN TO THIS GAME. This is not an exaggeration.

They're fine and I like them.
  • A lot of people appoint themselves as a spokesman for the entire player base on these forums.

I’m not sure I’d go as far as to say I want or like datacrons, but I sure enjoy facing people in GAC and TW that haven’t engaged with them.

And some people appoint themselves as hall monitors and defend CG, and even their dumbest decisions as if they're getting paid for it.

That's the internet for you, bringing people together to argue.
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    A lot of people appoint themselves as a spokesman for the entire player base on these forums.

I’m not sure I’d go as far as to say I want or like datacrons, but I sure enjoy facing people in GAC and TW that haven’t engaged with them.

And some people appoint themselves as hall monitors and defend CG, and even their dumbest decisions as if they're getting paid for it.

In what way am I defending CG?
    A lot of people appoint themselves as a spokesman for the entire player base on these forums.

I didn't say you were, though you seem a bit defensive about this. No pun intended as far as you know.
  • RTS wrote: »
    There's been at least 1 beta tester that is already on record to a streamer as saying "This looks way better t
    jtcone wrote: »
    CG, do you need another 20 pages of "datacrons suck" before reality finally sinks in? They are THE SINGLE WORST THING TO EVER HAPPEN TO THIS GAME. This is not an exaggeration.

They're fine and I like them.

This doesn't help
  • jtcone wrote: »

1000 per cent agree
    Whatelse73 wrote: »

I didn't say you were, though you seem a bit defensive about this. No pun intended as far as you know.
    You replied to me, quoting my post. I’m pretty clear on why you did that.
  • Nobody from CG will ever read these comments. Latest announcement says that everyone likes datacrons and they are so much fun. I don‘t know a single person who likes this crap. A huge amount of first day players in my alliance (13 Guilds) left the game because of this „fun“ and „innovative“ feature. I have no idea who they asked for feedback on this.
  • Tassadar7 wrote: »
    I have no idea who they asked for feedback on this.

I'd wager their shareholders are quite happy with DCs.
  • Tassadar7 wrote: »
    I have no idea who they asked for feedback on this.

I'd wager their shareholders are quite happy with DCs.

Yeah I totally agree. Must be a lot of fun to get millions of dollars for that ****. Nevermind the slowly dying community.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    Post edited by MaruMaru on
  • Just get rid of those darn things…time to admit it was a bad idea and come up with something else. It’s okay we will understand.
  • CG said we like datacons, holy crap these guys are out of their freaking mind, i don't know a single person who likes them but i know many that left because of them!
  • Myhara wrote: »
    CG said we like datacons, holy crap these guys are out of their freaking mind, i don't know a single person who likes them but i know many that left because of them!

Baghdad Bob would've been so proud.
  • If you keep saying something as true, you will eventually believe it. As for datacrons, you are kidding yourself. They are not good for the game.
  • Keno21 wrote: »
    If you keep saying something as true, you will eventually believe it. As for datacrons, you are kidding yourself. They are not good for the game.

They must have Butters working overtime to keep their social media cleared of anything negative.
  • Imo the game was better before datacrons…so then I just play the game as before datacrons; not using datacrons. Works pretty well. Everyone should try it…might make the game better.
    #dcronfree
  • Kikka wrote: »
    Imo the game was better before datacrons…so then I just play the game as before datacrons; not using datacrons. Works pretty well. Everyone should try it…might make the game better.
    #dcronfree

Try to play without them in kyber, good luck
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    posting in order to clear the "1 new" marker that the terrible forum software refuses to clear
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    posting in order to clear the "1 new" marker that the terrible forum software refuses to clear

not-all.gif
  • Are we still technically in the exhibition/experimental phase of Datacrons or is the 4th group the first of whatever they are throwing at the wall?
  • StAugJames wrote: »
    Are we still technically in the exhibition/experimental phase of Datacrons or is the 4th group the first of whatever they are throwing at the wall?

Very good question.. With the changes CG is desperately making for the 4th group, it appears that the DCs aren't fully thought out and is still a experiment. Hopefully, CG realizes that this idea of temporary resources will go the same way of the Tournaments.. As is, it no longer exists..
  • IronCross
    934 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    SotaDraken wrote: »
    StAugJames wrote: »
    Are we still technically in the exhibition/experimental phase of Datacrons or is the 4th group the first of whatever they are throwing at the wall?

Very good question.. With the changes CG is desperately making for the 4th group, it appears that the DCs aren't fully thought out and is still a experiment. Hopefully, CG realizes that this idea of temporary resources will go the same way of the Tournaments.. As is, it no longer exists..

From the start, they weren’t thought out. Set 4 looks like they are going backwards with dodge and reflect mechanics. Just note garbage for an extra month. I’m sure if they actually asked everyone in game there thoughts they would get a lot of pushback.
  • The conquest grind is much worse than Datacrons. Fight me.
  • Wolfcast1e wrote: »
    The conquest grind is much worse than Datacrons. Fight me.

The Conquest grind is horrible and ADDING farming Datacrons and its mats is even more horrible game design..

CG just ignores its own player base, much to chagrin of its rating in the App Stores.. Downward plummet is the trend, unfortunately..