Lumi or Sid for squad leader?

ATM am using 5 star sid as leader
5 star lumi
4 star maul
4 star talia
3 star Aayla (thinking of switching her out as well)

Maul has a chance to self heal. If I start the match out well, sid is set since he heals after every enemy death. Talia has her primary attack which gives small leech + sacrificial heal. Lumia has her heal that I pull as an Oh **** button. Aayla has her secondary attack which heals. Since I don't have a 3rd actual healer, was thinking of using Lumi as leader to gain that bit more evasion + healing at the beginning of my turn

It will be a few days before I get enough shards to get her leader ability up, which is why I am reaching out to the PvP community for shedding any insight based on their experiences.

I am thinking that having every character gain an extra method of healing + that evasion will be better as I climb arena's compared to having 14% CC + 20% CD. I could be super wrong though lol. ATM I am bobbing between rank 400-550

Replies

• I'd stick with sid for your team, that bonus damage for Maul and Luminara crits are devastating.

On a side note Talia is awful, if you're not using a nightsisters team there is no reason they use her on pvp, she might be one of the worst defenders on pvp especially if you're not running barriss. She has awful regular dps, and her special doesn't hit for that much either nothing compared to Luminara, Luke or Consular. Also remember that if your opponent uses sid and you don't have barriss your talia is going to do absolutely nothing, he's going to take one of your opponents to low life and if talia gets a turn, talia is going to heal that char that has heal immunity and lose health points at the same time doing it. You might as well run 4 characters instead of 5 if you're running talia. I guess the only benefit I can see with her on a non-nightsister team is if you have consular and want to take sid down in the first round there's a huge chance of missing with him.
  • I'd stick with sid for your team, that bonus damage for Maul and Luminara crits are devastating.

On a side note Talia is awful, if you're not using a nightsisters team there is no reason they use her on pvp, she might be one of the worst defenders on pvp especially if you're not running barriss. She has awful regular dps, and her special doesn't hit for that much either nothing compared to Luminara, Luke or Consular. Also remember that if your opponent uses sid and you don't have barriss your talia is going to do absolutely nothing, he's going to take one of your opponents to low life and if talia gets a turn, talia is going to heal that char that has heal immunity and lose health points at the same time doing it. You might as well run 4 characters instead of 5 if you're running talia. I guess the only benefit I can see with her on a non-nightsister team is if you have consular and want to take sid down in the first round there's a huge chance of missing with him.

kk. For arena's I will swap her out for JC or Chewy, I got em both at 4. Prolly JC for more heals. In GW I'll open with her against sid teams when I want to try and take him down before chewy taunts (unless there's a more tempting hero to bring down first). Never cared much for Talia's damage

kk. For arena's I will swap her out for JC or Chewy, I got em both at 4. Prolly JC for more heals. In GW I'll open with her against sid teams when I want to try and take him down before chewy taunts (unless there's a more tempting hero to bring down first). Never cared much for Talia's damage

I made a huge mistake in making Talia 4, and I think I invested too much in chewie too got him to 5 stars. I really regret not getting luke since 99% of teams run sid. The problem with consular/luminara is that taking sid down is going to be a huge drag if you miss. I'd invest in a heavy dps if I were you though, Luminara hits hard but you need one more real heavy hitter that will be a game changer for you on defense.
  • On a side note Talia is awful, I guess the only benefit I can see with her on a non-nightsister team is if you have consular and want to take sid down in the first round there's a huge chance of missing with him.

I keep her specifically to fight Sid. Before I got Sid my PVP team was:

Ima-Gun-Di
    Luminara
    Asajj
    Consular
    Talia

all 4*

After I got Sid I swapped out Ima Gun Di because I wanted to keep Luminara in my team (obviously) and the consular but went back and forth on who to trade out for Sid. But I got him right after his buff and decided that I wanted more reliable hits against him in PVP because building a Jedi heavy team wont work anymore since most everyone uses Sid.

• returnoftheewok
    469 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Aygis wrote: »
    On a side note Talia is awful, I guess the only benefit I can see with her on a non-nightsister team is if you have consular and want to take sid down in the first round there's a huge chance of missing with him.

I keep her specifically to fight Sid. Before I got Sid my PVP team was:

Ima-Gun-Di
    Luminara
    Asajj
    Consular
    Talia

all 4*

After I got Sid I swapped out Ima Gun Di because I wanted to keep Luminara in my team (obviously) and the consular but went back and forth on who to trade out for Sid. But I got him right after his buff and decided that I wanted more reliable hits against him in PVP because building a Jedi heavy team wont work anymore since most everyone uses Sid.

I think the best option for f2p players is either go gimmicky and make a droid team which you can acquire quite easily but there are tons of characters that can wipe these characters out though not many people use them or go with the base 3 of Sid, Luminara and Luke. 2+ heals on pvp can be horrible on defense, the Ai heals even when immunity is on so you basically can lose 2 turns on your heals.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    The two best (non-$1000-P2P) characters for dealing with Sidious now (after his silly evasion boost) are Dooku and Asajj. Both have stuns and hit hard. If there's nothing worse on the table (such as Maul) I typically open by using Dooku's special on Sid, hoping for a stun. If it doesn't land, it still does heavy damage. Usually Sid will then use his AoE, which will cause Dooku to retaliate one or two times. Then I attack with my Sid to apply healing immunity. At this point he's nearly dead and usually can be finished off by Asajj or someone else before he starts applying immunities everywhere.
    If the only healer is Barriss, it sometimes makes more sense to use Dooku's stun on her and then focus Sid down with other characters.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • A couple pew pews from Leia and tie pilot no more sid. >:)
  • Darkness wrote: »
    A couple pew pews from Leia and tie pilot no more sid. >:)

ROFL
    "...Welcome the Dark Side..." lvl 57, Ally Code: 695-189-436
  • Swapped out Talia for JC and am doing quite a bit better.

Now am trying to decide on a good dps char to snag that will either replace JC or Aayla. Am working towards Luke right now, unless there is one that is better/easier to farm for f2p
  • Asajj can do miracles imo to peoples pvp rank.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    I've heard good things about asajj. but does her slow speed make her difficult to use?
    mighty chlorians
  • Sid, since the heal portion of lumis ability is mainly only useful for jedi, that you dont have on your team. You also want spike damage for your pvp team.
  • reizse wrote: »
    I've heard good things about asajj. but does her slow speed make her difficult to use?

I was using Asajj for while but noticed she doesn't always remove very many positive abilities. Plus it seems like she's squishy and I don't usually run Chewie as defense leader anymore.

Known as íN Quartus Ω in the game
    Member of Team Instinct
  • Talia, while i agree she is a C level hero in most situations, is a beast when used correctly and with the right teams. If Ventress is the leader, or is Phasma is the leader, Talia becomes much better.
    Where Talia truly shines is in between her abilities. When she heals, she hurts herself. Most people stop there. Shes benched. However, that heal also fills your teams turn meter, and puts Talias back to half or better. This allows Talia to almost immediately follow up on the heal with a basic attack, which replenishes the health she lost. Along with that, her whole team now gets a second turn (and are also all healed up). Now you have ventress as leader speeding Talia up, or even better, Phasma to call Talia in for assists (keeping her healing herself) and to further increase your teams turn meter (to 3 turns now), and Talia starts to become a real contender. Most players dont star her or max her abilities though, so her potentials go unnoticed.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Pilot wrote: »
    Talia, while i agree she is a C level hero in most situations, is a beast when used correctly and with the right teams. If Ventress is the leader, or is Phasma is the leader, Talia becomes much better.
    Where Talia truly shines is in between her abilities. When she heals, she hurts herself. Most people stop there. Shes benched. However, that heal also fills your teams turn meter, and puts Talias back to half or better. This allows Talia to almost immediately follow up on the heal with a basic attack, which replenishes the health she lost. Along with that, her whole team now gets a second turn (and are also all healed up). Now you have ventress as leader speeding Talia up, or even better, Phasma to call Talia in for assists (keeping her healing herself) and to further increase your teams turn meter (to 3 turns now), and Talia starts to become a real contender. Most players dont star her or max her abilities though, so her potentials go unnoticed.

Also, she is the only healer for a long time in the dark side campaign (until you get daka), so it's worth keeping her starred/geared up if you plan on doing dark side battles. I am using all my cantina energy on her, and buying Daka shards with the shipments.

I had her early on and I still dont have a dark healer yet... At level 59 it kind of makes what you say moot for me. I need an awesome Talia until I get Old Daga
  • If you have a defense team luminara, offensive go with sid. That's going to work well as far as leadership skills go