Extra Life 2022 Charity Event

Prev1
CG_Tusken_Meathead
331 posts EA Community Manager
edited September 2022
jg9ka69jqzn2.png

Hello Holotable heroes!

We are excited to announce our involvement with Extra Life 2022! This will be the 6th year members of the Capital Games team will help raise money for this extraordinary cause.

As you know, this event holds a very special place in the hearts of many people who work at CG. Last year we raised over $20,000 with a goal of $10K, and this year we are setting our sights high again with a goal of $20,000 for our local charity, UC Davis Children's Hospital, located in Sacramento, CA. With your help, we know this can be achieved and we can show how amazing our community is and what we can accomplish together! In the 5 years the team at Capital Games has been doing this, we have raised over $62,000 for children in need.
This year, we wanted to do something different! We have created some fundraising milestones, and for each milestone we hit, we will unlock an in-game reward:

$10,000 Current Reward!
10K - The Extra Life Campaign has reached this milestone.
  • Monday
    Endurance Capital Ship Event
  • Tuesday
    Home One Capital Ship Event
    Rebel Assault Battle
  • Wednesday
    Raddus Capital Ship Event
  • Thursday
    Finalizer Capital Ship Event
  • Friday
    Executrix Capital Ship Event
$15,000
  • Monday
  • Tuesday
    Rebel Assault Battle
  • Wednesday
    2-day Urorrurrr Additive Drops (LS & DS)
  • Thursday
  • Friday
$20,000
  • Monday
    Inbox Gift
  • Tuesday
    Rebel Assault Battle
  • Wednesday
    2-day Urorrurrr Additive Drops (LS & DS)
  • Thursday
    Free Pack
  • Friday

If we get above 25K We will release a revised reward list!!!

We appreciate all your support of this event and look forward to seeing you in chat during the stream!

How much of my donation goes to the charity?
100% of your donation will go to the UC Davis Children's Hospital

When can we start donating?
RIGHT NOW! Head over to https://www.extra-life.org/team/EACapitalGames to donate, every dollar helps. And if you can’t make a monetary donation, sharing with your friends and family is just as good! Thank you for spreading the word!

When will you be streaming?
Stream Day on Saturday, September 24th from 10AM PST to 8PM PST.

What is Extra Life?”
"Extra Life is a fundraising program of Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals®. The Extra Life community fundraises year-round to Change Kids’ Health to Change the Future. Donations go to member children’s hospitals to fund critical life-saving treatments and healthcare services, along with innovative research, vital pediatric medical equipment, and child life services."

Will there be any other streams outside of the main one?
Yes! Team members from Capital Games will be periodically streaming on the main channel leading up the event. Crumb will be streaming on his Twitch page once a week starting tomorrow at 6:30pm PT (Further schedule TBD) to support the charity fundraising.
Post edited by CG_Tusken_Meathead on

Replies

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    20k goal lets goooooooooooo
  • Please tell me CG at least match the donations made.
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    telboy007 wrote: »
    Please tell me CG at least match the donations made.

There will be no donation matching as this event is being run by individuals from the Capital Games team.
  • Donated 👍🏻 Always happy to help out my alma mater!
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Donate the money from the players going for Jabba and Profundity
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • How much do you have to raise to get rid of datacons?

While I agree with the datacon hate, I think that the thread about a charity event is the wrong place to do it, use the rest of the forum for that
  • Jimster1
    174 posts Member
    So I have never done this before. I click the link and hit donate it ask for a team member. Does each team member at Capitol games have their own goals that we choose to help with but all funds add to the ultimate goal of 20k?
  • flux_rono
    2112 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    if the goal is reached: will the extra GC reward at least be easy challenges that doesn't require inquisitors, or have super RNG because the enemy is fast and hits like a truck?

i mean since its a bonus reward it should be a gimmi for most players
  • no offense, but Capital Games & EA take so much players money they should just donate on our behalf
  • If the goal is reached can we get the gear crunch phase 2 released?
  • flux_rono wrote: »
    if the goal is reached: will the extra GC reward at least be easy challenges that doesn't require inquisitors, or have super RNG because the enemy is fast and hits like a truck?

i mean since its a bonus reward it should be a gimmi for most players
    That'd be funny if they were to run inquisitor ones.
  • telboy007 wrote: »
    Please tell me CG at least match the donations made.

There will be no donation matching as this event is being run by individuals from the Capital Games team.
    Do you know if Capital Games as a studio supports other charities with donations?
  • With the money we pour into this game I feel it would be pretty easy to match 20k I'd rather you did that then give us a free pack and an extra event
  • Haruk
    108 posts Member
    I donated! Extra Life is a great charity! Also, helping out the community with possible free stuff is pretty good to me!
  • Magruffin
    760 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    So I have to say I've done events similar to this in the past. The group that's doing this is a group of cg employees, not cg as a whole. The employees are the ones Taking it upon themselves to earn money for a good cause, and talked the higher ups into giving the bonus rewards. The higher ups could've said nuts to that.
    I very much dislike the datacrons and unfulfilled gear crunch promises, but I can at least support this team of employees trying to do good for a great cause.
    Cg as a whole may be dishonest and not the greatest, but these ppl are trying to do some good with the position that they have.
    Good on the devs participating for trying to help ppl. Period.
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    Jimster1 wrote: »
    So I have never done this before. I click the link and hit donate it ask for a team member. Does each team member at Capitol games have their own goals that we choose to help with but all funds add to the ultimate goal of 20k?

Yes, that is correct.

For example, if you go to the roster page and see someone named "Meathead" they'd be a prime candidate for donation towards their goal.

The overall team goal is 20K
  • Jimster1 wrote: »

Yes, that is correct.

For example, if you go to the roster page and see someone named "Meathead" they'd be a prime candidate for donation towards their goal.

The overall team goal is 20K

Thank you I donated. I really like how you guys do this.
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    Jimster1 wrote: »

Thank you I donated. I really like how you guys do this.

That's awesome! Thank you!

We're closing in on the 10K Mark

I started my campaign a few days ago and you awesome folks have got myself up to $500, which is awesome.

And not that it's a competition or anything, but hotdang, Crumb is killing it right now with donations! haha
  • How much did or will the company donate? Begging you players for a donation and don't give a hint how much you spend. There are better companies i will give my money. This call is only hypocritical.
  • Deepjungle wrote: »
    How much did or will the company donate? Begging you players for a donation and don't give a hint how much you spend. There are better companies i will give my money. This call is only hypocritical.

That is because the company has nothing to do with it, it is organized by a part of the team. And they are probably donating too. And you dont give the money to the company, you give it to the hospital.

So while their call is not hypocritical, your move not to donate because you dont like the organisation (that is not even doing the event in the first place) putting in updates you dislike seems pretty stupid to me.

Why dont you ask McDonalds next how much they are contributing?
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    We've hit our half way point!

Way to go everyone!

gz62deeykp8o.png
  • Which cap ships are in the cap ship event day?
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • When does this event end? I fear we are not going to make the goal.
  • Jimster1 wrote: »
    When does this event end? I fear we are not going to make the goal.

probably on September 24th. its the only real date they mention in this
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    We have adjusted the rewards for the event!

In other news, Crumb and Tusken Meathead will be streaming tonight at 7pm doing what they do best...I have no idea

Catch both streams here: https://www.multitwitch.tv/meatheadmilitia/sbcrumb
  • We have adjusted the rewards for the event!

In other news, Crumb and Tusken Meathead will be streaming tonight at 7pm doing what they do best...I have no idea

Catch both streams here: https://www.multitwitch.tv/meatheadmilitia/sbcrumb
    Very nice!
  • We have adjusted the rewards for the event!

what happened to the bonus galactic challenges, I was looking forward to possible extra omicrons :'( ? (I know they were on the list but idk if we reached that goal, still losing them is not good)

also IMO it would be nice if raddus or another newer charatcer was the bonus drop, over UURURURURU
  • flux_rono wrote: »
    We have adjusted the rewards for the event!

what happened to the bonus galactic challenges, I was looking forward to possible extra omicrons :'( ? (I know they were on the list but idk if we reached that goal, still losing them is not good)

also IMO it would be nice if raddus or another newer charatcer was the bonus drop, over UURURURURU

I think they replaced it with rebel assault battles. I agree raddus would be better and ties in and further promotes their new capitol ship. But maybe they don't want to give us raddus shards yet. On the other hand we seem to be struggling with our goal maybe more people would donate if radduss or a new character was put in his place? Or even inquistors as we know how much they are needed.

It doesn't really matter to me as the real reward is helping out a good cause.