[MEGATHREAD] Road Ahead: September 2022 - MODs and Stuff

Replies

• All I want in the road ahead is confirmation we can sim the sith raid
  • First, I want to say thank you for the communication! This was a lot of information, and I'm kinda excited to see how it turns out.

Really interested in the Mod QoL and new TB. And very happy to see we're moving towards finishing the Gear economy changes.

All in all, I like this RA! Thanks CG!
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Taliana wrote: »
    I gather there are reveals in the video that aren’t in the actual Road Ahead. Can someone summarize them?

Video content makes my brain leak out my ears, it isn’t pretty.

3nrzzeysgw6n.png
  • Bravo! Bravo! this road ahead is 1000% better than the last one. and I am really excited to see the tb. Mod economy changes are cool to, and jabba is exciting. He also doesn't look like an insanely hard character to get, so that is exciting too.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Zaph0dd wrote: »
    Hopefully its not tuned to the 1% of 10mil accounts and has something for everyone
    It is endgame tuned

and that's how it should be

You need to work your way up to the latest TB, you shouldn't skip past content
  • So now that mods have basically been displaced by Datacrons they give mods some qol ‘improvements’
    Can we back date these to two years ago when it really mattered.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Hopefully its not tuned to the 1% of 10mil accounts and has something for everyone
    It is endgame tuned

Get good, thanks for the feedback, as expected.

my guild wont be/isnt skipping content, just a shame all this work on something everyone wants, will only be useable for a tiny fraction of the players.
    what a waste
  • so where's the Gammorean Guard Rework
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
    It is endgame tuned

The real question is if they made sure to not set the GP reqs so far that we mathematically cannot achieve them. That’s still an issue with LSGTB and isn’t getting fixed apparently. Make the stars tied to be achievable mathematically with a realistic guild GP, but make it a goal to get teams built to conquer the new mode.

All in all it’s a nice RA.

The reqs for Jabba are a refreshing step back compared to Profundiddy and LV. The rancor ultimate is awesome and love how it’s lore specific.

Love the idea for calibration and excited to see the mod QoL coming in the next couple weeks. Calibration using its own unique currency is exactly how things should be done. Stop recycling old materials into things.

Over a year to roll out the entirety of P1. Next RA in November needs to at least detail out what P2 will be. They can’t keep putting that off.

Love the return of the video format with the spark notes underneath. Love that
  • Yay, another TB we can watch our R8 and R9 galactic legends get ONE SHOT in!
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Yay, another TB we can watch our R8 and R9 galactic legends get ONE SHOT in!

I don't have any r8-9 gls. Lucky you!
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Yay, another TB we can watch our R8 and R9 galactic legends get ONE SHOT in!

Sorry for going off topic, but I've had a hard time with Rey in LSTB until I tried RH Poe, Han, Chewie and Chewpio. Guaranteed 4/4, frees up CLS and 3PO for platoons.

As for JML, conventional wisdom says to use him in the middle and JKL south. I'm having a much easier time running JML in south missions with JKR, GAS, Jolee, and Bastila/KAM/Aayla. Aayla with max potency makes it particularly easy. Call all assists on her and pass stun around.

JKL makes the droid-heavy middle missions very survivable if you end each wave with Heroes Arise / start the next wave with stun. Throw in both Yodas, OB and whoever.

• Alijar1 wrote: »
    so where's the Gammorean Guard Rework

Jabba's kit might boost Gamo
  • Are we just ignoring the fact that there’s no mod cap increase coming?
  • I have been reading for months and months that this game is abandoned etc etc etc.
    Well this road ahead proves the opposite.I am pretty excited to see the new TB and the other changes.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    I have been reading for months and months that this game is abandoned etc etc etc.
    Well this road ahead proves the opposite.I am pretty excited to see the new TB and the other changes.

Does it really? It looks like the new TB is only at a concept stage so who knows when or if we will actually get it. Besides, it falls into the trend of making things "modular" to allow tweaking the old stuff instead of coming up with anything new. Other than that, it's just long overdue mod QoL, and questions remain how it will pan out with the new currency.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    I have been reading for months and months that this game is abandoned etc etc etc.

Does it really? It looks like the new TB is only at a concept stage so who knows when or if we will actually get it. Besides, it falls into the trend of making things "modular" to allow tweaking the old stuff instead of coming up with anything new. Other than that, it's just long overdue mod QoL, and questions remain how it will pan out with the new currency.

I want to see how long it’s gonna take to roll this all out. It’s cheap to put year old and months old stuff already announced into it but a new TB map, mod calibration and an insight into Jabba for the next GL with dialed back reqs is very nice to see.
    The success of this RA is tied to how long it takes to get this all in game. If it’s in game by years end it’ll be within established RA timeframes and would technically be a good RA then.
    CG needs to keep up with their roadmaps now and not wait over a year to get things implemented once announced with next to no communication during that time frame about the topic.
    Boomer8800 wrote: »
    so everyone will basically make mods faster than the +25 or max bump? lol what joke quick pushing the stick further out. There still not enough ships to get the 36th star in LSTB ?

They said they will do something about guilds unable to get max stars in TB, so probably going to lower the GP requirements per phase

Where did you get that?
    In the video I just hear them stating that they will flatten rewards (increase lower/mid end), not that they will do anything to make LSTB possible to max out.
    I'm not sure if LSTB ground can be maxed, but fleet certainly cannot. There's a significant gap between max possible guild ship GP and required GP to max it out.
    That comment aside, the road ahead does look interesting. Would love a bit more information on the intended cadence for the new TB, if it's intended to run twice pr. month alongside current TBs, if it will only run at one of those slots etc.
    I would also love to get confirmation that for each run each guild can engage with both LS, DS and mix path, and that we do not have to choose (or get confirmation that we need to make a choice of path).
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    DarthGrff wrote: »
    Are we just ignoring the fact that there’s no mod cap increase coming?

The QOL improvements should essentially fix the need for it - otherwise raising the cap isn't going to do a ton of good for you -you're just going to hit the new cap and have issues there as well.

By having the filtering and bulk options you should be able to keep your inventory low enough where a cap increase won't be needed.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator

Not really, because Crumb flat out said they don't feel that's a solution because people would just fill up that larger inventory as well. Their goal is to put into place better mod management instead.
  • crzydroid wrote: »

Not really, because Crumb flat out said they don't feel that's a solution because people would just fill up that larger inventory as well. Their goal is to put into place better mod management instead.

That doesn’t mean that Crumb is right. They should be doing both. Make it easier to manage our mods but we should have a higher cap because now we need to mod teams even to more specific situations with datacrons in game. For example, accuracy mods are usually a waste but now with the introduction of a 3 month dodge datacron set, we need those to counteract the dodge increases. So it would be nice to have more mods in our inventory to swap out and use for this rather than refarm or burn current mods to make room for accuracy sets.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    Ultra wrote: »
    It is endgame tuned

Get good, thanks for the feedback, as expected.

my guild wont be/isnt skipping content, just a shame all this work on something everyone wants, will only be useable for a tiny fraction of the players.
    what a waste

Whichever guild PvE content you're playing at the moment, chances are it was tuned for endgame players when it was released in the first place.
  • This made me even more excited for Jabba! May not be my next farm, but definitely will get him, love that SC is worked into the kit. Can't wait to see actual gameplay footage
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    CrispyFett wrote: »
    This made me even more excited for Jabba! May not be my next farm, but definitely will get him, love that SC is worked into the kit. Can't wait to see actual gameplay footage

Salacious B. Crumb should get his own character. An annoying tank that has low HP but compensates it by high dodge. Accuracy arrows would finally have some use.
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    331 posts EA Community Manager
    Thanks for all the feedback folks, I'm documented it all the best I can and will send it off to the team in a cool powerpoint tomorrow.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Thanks for all the feedback folks, I'm documented it all the best I can and will send it off to the team in a cool powerpoint tomorrow.

Can we see the powerpoint too?
  • Zaph0dd wrote: »
    what a waste

This
    It would be nice if they could introduce different Tiers of Difficulty like they have in Conquest. We don't all have 10M GP rosters but i'm sure we'd all like to participate in some new content.
    My interest in gearing all the required teams to R8 (or whatever) is absolutely zero, but if I had to touch up a few teams to R0 or R3 in order to play on an easier difficulty, i'd be all over it. And, i'm betting, so would thousands of other people.
    I hope the devs read this and realize that their playerbase doesn't only consist of the top 1000 biggest rosters. The majority of us are being left out yet again and it doesn't have to be that way.
  • PumaK
    301 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    Sorry, but why should I trust that announcement, When your studio put on October 2021 about gear economy changes Coming next month and after that being totally radio silent?

Until i see these content fully applied, I Can't trust a single word writen on it, for now those are only words with less than a 2% chances of being applied.

Isn't so easy to recover the credibility and respect as you guys think
  • PumaK wrote: »
    Sorry, but why should I trust that announcement, When your studio put on October 2021 about gear economy changes Coming next month and after that being totally radio silent?

Until i see these content fully applied, I Can't trust a single word writen on it, for now those are only words with less than a 2% chances of being applied.

Isn't so easy to recover the credibility and respect as you guys think

‘Twas September 2021