[MEGATHREAD] Road Ahead: September 2022 - MODs and Stuff

Replies

• Pretty good RA. First time I've felt anything positive towards the future of this game since 3v3 GAC came back (or the DC leak, whichever was first).

Video format... cool, I guess. I didn't watch it. I know this was brought up last time there was a video, but PLEASE, don't have content in the video that is not in the post. Some of us don't want to watch the video. But the bigger issue, imo, is that it is hard to go back to the video to remind myself of any details. I can't Ctrl+F the video.
  • PumaK
    301 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    PumaK wrote: »
    Sorry, but why should I trust that announcement, When your studio put on October 2021 about gear economy changes Coming next month and after that being totally radio silent?

Until i see these content fully applied, I Can't trust a single word writen on it, for now those are only words with less than a 2% chances of being applied.

Isn't so easy to recover the credibility and respect as you guys think

‘Twas September 2021

Nope, the phrase of "coming next month" it's on the October 2021 RA.

Initial announcement, Yes it was on September 2021
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    332 posts EA Community Manager
    Nauros wrote: »
    Thanks for all the feedback folks, I'm documented it all the best I can and will send it off to the team in a cool powerpoint tomorrow.

Can we see the powerpoint too?

Nope haha
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Thanks for all the feedback folks, I'm documented it all the best I can and will send it off to the team in a cool powerpoint tomorrow.

Nope haha

what if we said please?
  • Ultra
    11450 posts Moderator

you MIGHT see it on Extra Life 2022 Charity Event on Saturday, September 24th from 10AM PST to 8PM PST.

fixed that for you
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    RTS wrote: »
    DarthGrff wrote: »
    Are we just ignoring the fact that there’s no mod cap increase coming?

The QOL improvements should essentially fix the need for it - otherwise raising the cap isn't going to do a ton of good for you -you're just going to hit the new cap and have issues there as well.

By having the filtering and bulk options you should be able to keep your inventory low enough where a cap increase won't be needed.

Pretty much this

I'm against increasing the Mod Cap for the simple fact that people will just fill up their Mod inventory for the sake of filling it up.

The QoL tools we'll be implementing will better help make sure the Mods you do have in your inventory are worthy of being there. Which should naturally cut down on the mods you keep.

I run into the, "What if" scenario all the time with things that I can acquire as quick as mods, so I get the want to just hoard them.

But increasing the Mod cap isn't the solution, there are better ways to improve the experience than that.
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead

Nope haha

what if we said please?

We all know that's not gonna happen :D haha
  • RTS wrote: »

The QOL improvements should essentially fix the need for it - otherwise raising the cap isn't going to do a ton of good for you -you're just going to hit the new cap and have issues there as well.

By having the filtering and bulk options you should be able to keep your inventory low enough where a cap increase won't be needed.

Pretty much this

I'm against increasing the Mod Cap for the simple fact that people will just fill up their Mod inventory for the sake of filling it up.

The QoL tools we'll be implementing will better help make sure the Mods you do have in your inventory are worthy of being there. Which should naturally cut down on the mods you keep.

I run into the, "What if" scenario all the time with things that I can acquire as quick as mods, so I get the want to just hoard them.

But increasing the Mod cap isn't the solution, there are better ways to improve the experience than that.

That remains to be seen. So far anything you guys touch, makes the game more unbearable. For instance the recent datacron change. Now you have very little currency and no datacrons to upgrade. Unless you buy them with crystals or money. What was the point of increasing the mats to upgrade the datacrons when you can't even farm them. 3 days have gone by and zero datacrons have dropped. That's over 40 battles. And roughly 400 crystals in refreshes. So I'll hold my breath when people from CG tell us that there are better ways of doing things. History has shown us otherwise.

Pretty much this

Not sure why some people are always clambering for a raise in the mod cap. It’s not like they have all these great mods saved. Most of the people I’ve helped remod and needed room sold total garbage mods so they could change a load out. Stop being lazy and sell the junk. Good thing they are giving an easy button now.
  • They want to raise it so they can fill it up again and continue complaining about the mod cap.
  • Not to turn this thread into a mod cap discussion, but I disagree strongly that 500 is a reasonable cap. Is there a cap CG could pick that would prevent anyone anywhere from reaching it? Sure. Is that relevant to the issue at hand? No.

500 is pretty tight. There are 6 shapes and 8 sets. To have 1 unequipped mod at the ready in each shape and set puts us at 48 mods already. Not to mention there are some mods that are only used in certain situations that spend most of their time collecting dust in one's inventory. I'd argue that a well-prepared endgame player with a very tidy inventory would still have 200-300 mods sitting idle at any given moment.

But if I want to swap mods for certain TB battles, I need a solid 20-30 space in my inventory per battle to do so because mods cannot be "swapped" without going to unequipped inventory first. Maybe if we had a way to swap mods rather than unequip then re-equip, we wouldn't need as much dead space in our inventory.

Finally, the last use of my inventory space is mods that I haven't leveled/sliced/sold yet. I think it's fair to say we shouldn't have to do this every day to keep our inventory space under some arbitrary cap.

Is 1,000,000 a reasonable cap? No

Is 500 a reasonable cap? No

Pretty much this

That remains to be seen. So far anything you guys touch, makes the game more unbearable. For instance the recent datacron change. Now you have very little currency and no datacrons to upgrade. Unless you buy them with crystals or money. What was the point of increasing the mats to upgrade the datacrons when you can't even farm them. 3 days have gone by and zero datacrons have dropped. That's over 40 battles. And roughly 400 crystals in refreshes. So I'll hold my breath when people from CG tell us that there are better ways of doing things. History has shown us otherwise.

The whole point of the exhibition phase was to hook people in using datacrons. Now they make the resources scarce so people will have to buy to get back to the point of where they were with the first batch…since those have been dismantled.
  • Nauros wrote: »

Nope haha

what if we said please?

We all know that's not gonna happen :D haha

But why not?
  • Not to turn this thread into a mod cap discussion, but I disagree strongly that 500 is a reasonable cap. Is there a cap CG could pick that would prevent anyone anywhere from reaching it? Sure. Is that relevant to the issue at hand? No.

500 is pretty tight. There are 6 shapes and 8 sets. To have 1 unequipped mod at the ready in each shape and set puts us at 48 mods already. Not to mention there are some mods that are only used in certain situations that spend most of their time collecting dust in one's inventory. I'd argue that a well-prepared endgame player with a very tidy inventory would still have 200-300 mods sitting idle at any given moment.

But if I want to swap mods for certain TB battles, I need a solid 20-30 space in my inventory per battle to do so because mods cannot be "swapped" without going to unequipped inventory first. Maybe if we had a way to swap mods rather than unequip then re-equip, we wouldn't need as much dead space in our inventory.

Finally, the last use of my inventory space is mods that I haven't leveled/sliced/sold yet. I think it's fair to say we shouldn't have to do this every day to keep our inventory space under some arbitrary cap.

This. No need to repeat something said best.
    You can raise the cap while also making the overall experience better.
  • @CG_Tusken_Meathead

Apologies if I missed it in discussion. On the topic of Mods - ignoring the Cap - is there any plans to increase the number of saved loadouts players can have?

200 is the cap and we have more than 200 characters now, not to mention extra mod sets for certain game modes.
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    Blase2409 wrote: »
    @CG_Tusken_Meathead

Apologies if I missed it in discussion. On the topic of Mods - ignoring the Cap - is there any plans to increase the number of saved loadouts players can have?

200 is the cap and we have more than 200 characters now, not to mention extra mod sets for certain game modes.

I'll make a note on the saved loadouts feedback.
  • Blase2409 wrote: »
    @CG_Tusken_Meathead

If I can also add my suggestions. I think it would be beneficial to also add save/set roster buttons as well. This would help players changing mods temporarily and would drastically improve QOL.
  • I just want to know when this TB would be running. Is it standalone? Runs during DSTB? LSTB? Both? I got quite a few in my guild not quite wrapped with Ki Adi Mundi and I don't want to leave them behind.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Elyahu41 wrote: »
    Blase2409 wrote: »
    @CG_Tusken_Meathead

If I can also add my suggestions. I think it would be beneficial to also add save/set roster buttons as well. This would help players changing mods temporarily and would drastically improve QOL.

This would be the end of HU for me, so please make this happen.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    RTS wrote: »

Pretty much this

What about the cap on loadouts?
    I believe we are beyond the limit of one loadout per unit
    What about Saved Fleet squadrons?
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    I know this TB release is not anytime soon (tm) however please consider having the option for players to allow guild officers to place their units in platoons and deploy their roster
  • Elyahu41 wrote: »

This, imo, is the most needed feature in the game. Swapping mods around for specific fights is a pain for sure but it's very often neccesary. Putting all those mods back where you got them from is easily the most annoying and time consuming part of game and expecting us to pay ten dollars a month to a third party is not a reasonable solution.

• @CG_Tusken_Meathead

New Player Feedback to RA:

Tldr: old whales need new whales, and dolphin/krill

Firstly, great communcation and format CG. The RA was very informative and shows the passion your team has for developing this game.

The upcoming announcements of characters, GLs, and TB communicated were great; however, can't help but feel these are obtainable only by those in the very endgame.

For the endgame guilds, that's fantastic. It's a great feat having made such accomplishments and playing for so long, but for the rest, of the players in the 2-4M GP range, can't help but feel pretty left out since it'll be months or even years until they reach that point.

Understandably, CG & EA are in the business of making profit. These RA's come at a cost. IIRC, revenue for mobile games in Q2 was announced as lower than past years and we keep seeing announcements of guild recruitment due to player loss. As older players naturally retire or stop playing/spending due to content they don't want to engage with (datacrons, etc), new players help fill that monetary void.

This RA serves as a shiny beacon to draw in new players, like myself, who joined during past RA's. But it doesn't take long for a newer player to realize the catch-up bundles/mechanics, such as Hyperdrive, are incredibly insufficient at bringing a player to even entry level of the midgame mark. If new players are always going to be perpetually behind for years, no matter how much they play or reasonably spend, then these updates may only serve as warnings and potentially turn away new spenders.

This community of guild leaders and players are great. The devs are clearly passionate, as can be seen by @CG_Tusken_Meathead 's love in developing the Profundity kit. So throw us new players, who are willing to reasonably spend, a lifeline so we can be a bigger part of the current state of the game. We'd love to enjoy the RA content and help to continue fund the game for the future, rather than be relegated to watching it only on streams.

Specific feedback points:

-Gear:
    Gear 7 to 12 needs significant farm improvements. Constantly starved of mk3 carbanti, mk3 sienar holo, etc. Suggestion: increase or add to daily challenges for those materials that are hard-to-find, which encourages daily login. Alternatively, reduce the amount required per item craft so there are less issues related to excess in Scavenger Relic materials.

-Shards:
    Shard farming older characters, especially ships, is miserable. Improve the drop rate for the oldest to newest characters. Example: have shards go 1 > 2 > 3 > 5 > 6 etc, then adjust the Shard Store accordingly so it gives 30 > 15 > 10 > 6 > 5 Shard Store Tokens per shard.

-Training Droids:
    Excessive amounts of training droids compared to spendable credits or ship building material. Unable to convert training droids to credits/materials, thus making leveling characters or ships to 85 too difficult. Wishful thinking, but maybe remove credit cost and increase droid cost for leveling. Credits are clearly not as big an issue endgame, but they are a big handicap early-to-mid. Also credit heists don't come fast enough.

-Hyperdrive/Datacron:
    Can't even buy datacron packs because hyperdrive does nothing to prepare you for Relic'd teams. If higher Relic levels are the new grind, make the lower end content more easily attainable or purchasable so new content can be experienced (and bought). Perhaps an upgrade to the Hyperdrive, bring those same characters to Relic 3 for another similarly-priced package.

-Last point, and it may be out of dev control, better advertising. Every time I turn on any device, MSF and RAID are constantly pumping fresh adverts promising new characters and packs that are way more enticing for hero collector games.. and best of all, free or close to it. Keep new players engaged in this community so they don't decide to go to the competition.
  • I must be doing something wrong with my mods. I only keep them if they start rolling 10 speed or better and most are immediately sold off if they are junk. Guess I should just collect trash ones too and complain about not having room. This is like the people that have a billion credits but have trash mods.

The idea of not even considering an increase is an interesting one.

As you said, the “right” number for the mod cap is somewhere within that range.

The developers refusal to consider changing it means that they chose 500 back when mods were introduced, and they feel that this number is absolutely perfect and that the right number hasn’t changed in the years since introduction.

Good on the developers for having such incredible foresight and picking that exact perfect number (for eternity) on the first try.
  • IronCross wrote: »
    I must be doing something wrong with my mods. I only keep them if they start rolling 10 speed or better and most are immediately sold off if they are junk. Guess I should just collect trash ones too and complain about not having room. This is like the people that have a billion credits but have trash mods.

Dude, you aren't unique. Many of us have higher limits than that and still have issues with the cap.

Checking speed secondaries on my mods that are not used in any current loadouts:

15+, 17
    10+, 226
    9, 56 (many of these are +9 on 2 speed hits, so they aren't trash, just haven't gotten around to slicing them yet)
    8-, 44 (all of these have a non-speed secondary with a good/great roll)

That's 326 mods that I don't think I should have to delete because I don't have a home for them right this second. Could I pare this down a little more? Probably, I could get it down to 250 if I tried really hard.

I also have 116 speed arrows that are not currently in a loadout. This would probably be the ideal place to try and cull down some more. But I already made a pass at removing mods with fewer than 2% secondary stats.

This is beside the point though. What does it cost CG to change a number form 500 to say 1000? Some extra memory on their server? That's pretty dang cheap.

I will add that with the changes to mods incoming, the need to hoard mods that might be useful should subside as it sounds like the right combination of secondaries is going to become more valuable than roll luck.
  • kello_511 wrote: »
    Not to turn this thread into a mod cap discussion, but I disagree strongly that 500 is a reasonable cap. Is there a cap CG could pick that would prevent anyone anywhere from reaching it? Sure. Is that relevant to the issue at hand? No.

The developers refusal to consider changing it means that they chose 500 back when mods were introduced, and they feel that this number is absolutely perfect and that the right number hasn’t changed in the years since introduction.

Good on the developers for having such incredible foresight and picking that exact perfect number (for eternity) on the first try.

If they raised it to 1000, in 3 months people would be complaining that 1000 isn't enough. I see it in a couple other games with limited space. They raise the limit a couple hundred and players very quickly hit the max, then complain about not having enough space. They raise it again, players complain again. And so on.

The new mod update looks like it should fix that issue for us so we don't need to keep as many mods, which is why there shouldn't be a need for an increase. But, we shall see.
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    kello_511 wrote: »
    Not to turn this thread into a mod cap discussion, but I disagree strongly that 500 is a reasonable cap. Is there a cap CG could pick that would prevent anyone anywhere from reaching it? Sure. Is that relevant to the issue at hand? No.

If they raised it to 1000, in 3 months people would be complaining that 1000 isn't enough. I see it in a couple other games with limited space. They raise the limit a couple hundred and players very quickly hit the max, then complain about not having enough space. They raise it again, players complain again. And so on.

The new mod update looks like it should fix that issue for us so we don't need to keep as many mods, which is why there shouldn't be a need for an increase. But, we shall see.

Just because some people would complain does not mean it's an unwarranted change.
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    kello_511 wrote: »

Just because some people would complain does not mean it's an unwarranted change.

There are 230 characters so you can have 1880 mods. If you do have 1880 mods at 9+ secondary speed or arrows than the honest truth is you already have more mods than you’ll ever slice. At this point, just upgrade the new mods sell the ones that don’t hit 10+. This is honestly finding a problem with something that is a good thing. Your mods are so good that you have no use for average ones.

And before you say 1880 mods isn’t enough that’s enough for two full sets of mods for 150 characters. You can easily find 80 characters you’ll never use other than deployments and use them as storage.
  • increase extra mod inventory slots. It's been the same since like ever. We got 47 million new toons give us a few more slots