Updated New Player Farming Path by Intimmydation

Replies

• Khanh wrote: »
    How come you skipped out on the jango fett/HT node? I thought that HT was a staple ship in most fleets. Would it not be better to farm hyena bomber and HT instead of the tie bomber? I know the other two nodes are farther away than these two, but not quite sure how effective was your tie bomber as being a replacement? or just in general how effective it was.

I decided to skip HT to start because my plan was to go for Malevolence early, which HB is better in that lineup (yes it helped they had the Galactic Chase for Malevolence so I got it much earlier than I normally would have). Another reason was because HT would have required 2 nodes to farm (need Bossk too), and I just couldn't fit. So instead I got ITB (which I need for SEE) and is a pilotless ship, and then also BTL Ywing which is almost 7* now that I'll use as my Negotiator tank.

I am farming Jango / HT / Bossk now, but it's not crucial and will help to support fleet #3 and 4 once I go up to Chromium.
  • Khanh
    8 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Dark Trooper just became accelerated today. Is it worth it to drop a current farm for dark trooper? maybe like JKA or should I add him to the farm as well with 8 other nodes making a total of 9 nodes for normal energy farms? would be sacrificing energy that was used for gear farming.

gxz5u6op8vxo.png

This is my current farm with potentially adding dark trooper. IG-86 and Kuiil are just placeholders for VD and ITB farming. No longer refreshing VD node since he is now 5 stars.
    Dark Trooper just became accelerated today. Is it worth it to drop a current farm for dark trooper? maybe like JKA or should I add him to the farm as well with 8 other nodes making a total of 9 nodes for normal energy farms? would be sacrificing energy that was used for gear farming.

gxz5u6op8vxo.png

This is my current farm with potentially adding dark trooper. IG-86 and Kuiil are just placeholders for VD and ITB farming. No longer refreshing VD node since he is now 5 stars.

I would farm Dark Trooper and put Sith Trooper and BSF on hold. If you are building up Troopers as the first big team, you won't need those 2 quite yet and can add them back once you finish off troopers. But even then it gives you 7 hard nodes which is a lot, though you really need all those other ones. Probably I would farm to 7* and then once a character drops off, just use that energy for gear for a while until you can get back to only like 5 or 6 (max) hard node farms.
  • Khanh
    8 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Sorry for asking so many questions. Just wondering what to farm in cantina after Gideon because in your guide you farmed JKA next, but he is now replaced with Darth Talon in Catina. I was thinking Count Dooku? because u mentioned farming him instead of JKA in hindsight. Like you, I'm also thinking of using gunray + geos + boba as a temporary team until my imp troopers are stronger. Would farming dooku be worth while and gearing him up or is boba good enough? Still only level 72 so can't access the 7th cantina nodes or GBA any time soon. Thanks !
    Sorry for asking so many questions. Just wondering what to farm in cantina after Gideon because in your guide you farmed JKA next, but he is now replaced with Darth Talon in Catina. I was thinking Count Dooku? because u mentioned farming him instead of JKA in hindsight. Like you, I'm also thinking of using gunray + geos + boba as a temporary team until my imp troopers are stronger. Would farming dooku be worth while and gearing him up or is boba good enough? Still only level 72 so can't access the 7th cantina nodes or GBA any time soon. Thanks !

So I would say for Cantina farms Dooku is a good option, because if you can get him to relic relatively early in the account he can be a good character to solo teams in GAC on offense.

Another option would be B2. Looking back I think I would prioritize building up a bit more the GG droids teams (GG B1 B2 Magna Nute) because this team can take out SEE teams. Eventually it would lead into GAS, but it's a team I would prioritize early on now. Can't recall which node B2 is on, but if you are able to farm him and Dooku to 7* before getting access to GBA that would be good.
  • Intimmydation
    679 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Week 41 Update - March 7

Been a while since the last update as I have been on vacation and traveling, but lots of small progress has been made. Over the last month I've grown my GP by 200k up to 1.7M now, with the following key achievements.
    • Negotiator activated and GK taken to relic 5
    • Jolee to relic 4
    • Fives to relic 5
    • DR character farms nearly done, only Juhani pending (~50 shards to go)

What am I working on?
    • Geo Spy is the current relic project, just missing 9 more of the finisher pieces
    • Decided to prioritize a GG Nute team in order to beat SEE (will post video below from my main). This means I am bringing B1 to relic as my next project, followed by Magnaguard to relic. B2 will be taken to ~g11 and then GG up to r7 (from r4 now)
    • After the GG is finished, I will be full blast into the DR / Malak teams
    • GMY working towards g12 in the background, MAY relic him just to firm up the JKR team

Current Farms
    Ships (3x refresh): BTL Y-wing & HT
    Cantina (3x): Signal Data stockpile
    Mods (3x): Speed, Offense, and slicing mats
    Normal (3x): See below farms

bnx5vbuyqq7t.png
    myzwukwszuuy.png

GAC in Bronzium has been fun, pretty solid record though missed out on promotion to Chromium last season (didn't really want to go anyway). Now that I have both Negotiator & Malevolence it makes fleets pretty easy, and have started to fill out a bit better defense. So far this season I have 2-0 and likely to win this championship round as the guy failed vs my Nego, so I am ahead on banners atm (he stuck a sneaky full relic GG team on backwall).

And this is what a GG + Nute separatists team can do to SEE. Because of this I am prioritizing getting this team up and running before moving onto SEE myself. Basically you need a r7 GG and then you just go hard after SEE to take him out first, and the rest is easy cleanup. And this SEE team in the video is probably better than most you will face in GAC, so it's even easier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr9rT7FyV5U
  • Thanks for this guide. It's fun to follow.
  • Intimmydation
    679 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Week 43 Update - March 17

Alright back with another update ~1.5 weeks since the last one.

Key Accomplishments
    • Geo Spy taken to relic 5
    • B1 taken to relic 3 (working on GG Nute team for the SEE counter)
    • GAC 2-1 during week 2 of the season...hanging strong in Bronzium 1 but just made a boneheaded mistake in my first matchup today
    • Juhani to 7* so all DR requirements are now at 7* and ready for the journey
    • Bastilla Fallen at g11, 1 gear piece away from g12
    • 13 total relics, most at r5

What am I working on?
    • Bastilla current relic project
    • Unlock Darth Revan and then take to relics and move on to Malak
    • B2 and Magnaguard brought up higher for GG team

No change to current farms listed in previous post except for the removal of Juhani as she is now at 7* and buying Razor Crest from the Fleet Store when it shows up, in addition to Rex's ARC fighter.

Boneheaded move of the week!
    Was up against a omicron QGJ in today's GAC and decided I would take my own omicron QGJ but with Thrawn so I could fracture their r7 GMY (they didn't have JKA in their team). Well, QGJ's omicron bonuses requires all GR jedi on the team, so Thrawn completed negated that and JKA was able to be killed at the same time as QGJ. I had to redo the battle with my JKR team (which had no issue), but then didn't have enough to beat GG on backwall so ended with a loss.
  • Currently trying to unlock GG. I only have 40/80 shards, but comparing it to your timeline, you u already have him unlocked + more shards. I guess it just comes down to chance with the fleet shipment not giving me any GG shards. However, are you also purchasing GG from the shard shop?
    Currently trying to unlock GG. I only have 40/80 shards, but comparing it to your timeline, you u already have him unlocked + more shards. I guess it just comes down to chance with the fleet shipment not giving me any GG shards. However, are you also purchasing GG from the shard shop?

On behalf of Timmy, I’ll assure you that no one purchases GG from the Shard Store, as it is very bad value. It’s purely rng on fleet store.
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Intimmydation
    679 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Correct. DO NOT purchase GG from the shard shop, EVER. His drops are just rare in fleet store...sometimes they will come in bunches, other times might be a full week without seeing it. Same for Rex's ship, Razor Crest and Vader's ship.

Just be sure to check every refresh. Fleet store refreshes 3x per day
  • Intimmydation
    679 posts Member
    edited April 2022
    Week 47 Update - April 14

Hey everyone, been a long time since the last update so I thought I would post what has been going on in the account.

Since the last update I've unlocked Darth Revan and he is 2 pieces of gear away from Relics. I've also been working up the Old Republic characters to get them to the required GP in order to get Malak who is my main goal at the moment.
    • Fleet still taking #1 each day. Both Malevolence and Negotiator are at 6* and will probably focus on getting Nego to 7* first (though it's further away)
    • Squad Arena doesn't matter, but I still climb into top 40 each day using my troopers, but everything above me in the shard is either SLKR, SEE or GAS.
    • GAC we have done really well and are up to Chromium 4 at the moment (peaked in Chromium 3), but really it's quite challenging with our roster size. Needing 4 fleets hurt, but with both GET2 fleets normally we can set a solid defense. 2-1 record in Chromium so far, after going 0-3 my last week of Bronzium (but still got promoted)
    • Conquest we are on Normal and likely to get crate 5 rewards, the one at 300 keycards.

Current Farms
    dddll5e1woe5.png

Future Areas of Focus
    • Malak and to relics first and foremost
    • To SEE or not to SEE? I'm torn whether it's time to go full blown into the SEE farm or take my ST Clones to relic first.
    • I may do the clones just so I can contribute more in LS Geo TB and CPIT, and then go for SEE
    • Dark Trooper is approaching 7* and I think I'll want to relic him
    • Take GG to higher relics (r7) and my other Sep droids up a bit more
    • Unfortunately I bought Hoda with GET1 first for use on my JKR squad, which now is a bad decision in hindsight because Wampa would have been the one to go for

Defensive Highlights from GAC
    4pq27z63jxrw.png
    gz4if6cl8xw9.png
    4oy42zu0pu44.png
    hkyjq06ecuij.png
  • Latest round of GAC in Chromium.
    My 1.9M vs their 5.8M GP

https://youtu.be/RhIIkD8lMqs
  • Khanh
    8 posts Member
    My current acc: https://swgoh.gg/p/128554616/
    I am level 84 right now and the hyperdrive bundle is currently discounted at 50%. Is it worth it to buy this bundle on my current acc, will it be more worthwhile to start a new acc, or are the differences between these two options minimal?

I am currently hovering above rank 50 in fleet arena, but I can't seem to climb any higher due to the rest being hyperdrive bundle users. They bought it when they first started so they are obviously ahead of me if I were to buy the bundle right now. Would I still be able to catch up on the path I'm going right now without purchasing the bundle once I unlock malevolence and 7* all my ships? is catching up only possible if I buy the hyperdrive bundle (by catching up I mean at least top 10)? or is there no way for me to actually catch up unless I spend a lot more money?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Khanh wrote: »
    I am level 84 right now and the hyperdrive bundle is currently discounted at 50%. Is it worth it to buy this bundle on my current acc, will it be more worthwhile to start a new acc, or are the differences between these two options minimal?

I am currently hovering above rank 50 in fleet arena, but I can't seem to climb any higher due to the rest being hyperdrive bundle users. They bought it when they first started so they are obviously ahead of me if I were to buy the bundle right now. Would I still be able to catch up on the path I'm going right now without purchasing the bundle once I unlock malevolence and 7* all my ships? is catching up only possible if I buy the hyperdrive bundle (by catching up I mean at least top 10)? or is there no way for me to actually catch up unless I spend a lot more money?

You'll more than likely be better off to continue with your current account.

Agree to just stick with your current account even if you buy the HDB now. You already have all the Geos and their ships farmed up, and that is the fleet you would want to build regardless of HDB or not. If you started over, you would have to re-farm all of those.

The HDB will give you needed resources to help max your ships and start building out some other characters. I would consider going for SLKR if you buy the HDB. With the continued importance of fleets, and Finalizer getting a boost with the Echelon, SLKR has become much more attractive. Plus since you need to build the BH ships for Finalizer, you will then have them ready for Executor if you choose to go that route next.
  • Hey everyone that may still be following this thread. I am approaching the 1 year mark on the account in the next 4 days. I am thinking about making a YouTube video to do an account review and maybe talk through some of the things I would differently now (mostly related to how the game has evolved).

Let me know if there are any specific questions or things you'd like me to try to cover.

Cheers!
  • culealex
    57 posts Member
    I am thinking about making a YouTube video to do an account review
    dew-it-e33c2b.jpg

• I've read through this thread a few times and picked up so many things. Thank you for this!
  • Hey everyone that may still be following this thread. I am approaching the 1 year mark on the account in the next 4 days. I am thinking about making a YouTube video to do an account review and maybe talk through some of the things I would differently now (mostly related to how the game has evolved).

Let me know if there are any specific questions or things you'd like me to try to cover.

Cheers!

Even though I didn't follow through with your guide the whole way, the early on details were super useful as I started out very similar to yours. The currency, shops, nodes, all of it was super awesome to help know what was next. Hope to see a video on it, if you still plan to do it. Otherwise, thank you for doing this, super helpful for a new player like myself!
  • HerkyTP wrote: »
    Even though I didn't follow through with your guide the whole way, the early on details were super useful as I started out very similar to yours. The currency, shops, nodes, all of it was super awesome to help know what was next. Hope to see a video on it, if you still plan to do it. Otherwise, thank you for doing this, super helpful for a new player like myself!

Thanks for the feedback, and glad the guide was useful. I've stopped playing the account for now as just got too buys to keep up with 2 accounts, but always around to answer questions. And the path in general is still very relevant but there are some things I'd change if doing it again...mainly b/c the game has evolved.
  • Hi there good sir,
    I found this post yesterday and I’ve been going through it all and I have to say this seems like a really well thought out guide, I’m going to be starting my account and I’m hoping to follow through with this guide, however I know there have been some changes with farming locations, accelerated drops etc, as well as also your experience might make you think of doing things differently, and so I was wanting to ask if it’d be possible for you to write a bit about any changes you’d recommend to anyone starting now, as after all you managed to use a 2x cantina bonus early on whereas we won’t have the same boost available to us.

I hope I’m not asking too much, I simply wish to use the most up to date guide you have

Thank you
  • Hi there good sir,
    I found this post yesterday and I’ve been going through it all and I have to say this seems like a really well thought out guide, I’m going to be starting my account and I’m hoping to follow through with this guide, however I know there have been some changes with farming locations, accelerated drops etc, as well as also your experience might make you think of doing things differently, and so I was wanting to ask if it’d be possible for you to write a bit about any changes you’d recommend to anyone starting now, as after all you managed to use a 2x cantina bonus early on whereas we won’t have the same boost available to us.

I hope I’m not asking too much, I simply wish to use the most up to date guide you have

Thank you

Hey, getting around to answering finally.

In general I would say the guide still holds up, definitely on the path from level 1 to 85 not much will change. You still want to build Phoenix (to get Palp & Thrawn) and Geos (to be ready for fleet), and then getting Imperial Troopers and a GR squad are good.

For Troopers, I would farm Dark Trooper right away probably instead of Gideon (so Veers, Piett, Dark, Starck, Range for the 5). Piett & Dark can be taken to relic, the rest can really stay at g11 for quite a while.

I would NOT build JKR or go for DR / Malak early now. With the removal of JKR requirements from fleet nodes, it will take longer now, so is something you could circle back to later.

Also SEE does not look as attractive early as Squad Arena is obsolete now. I would probably suggest building towards SLKR as the 1st GL since it will give you a fleet as well (Finalizer), and then after SLKR go for Executor.

Fleets in general are the key in swgoh right now, if you can build solid fleets (Malev, Nego, Finalizer, Executor), and the squads that pilot them, you will have a good roster in general.

CLS is also a squad to consider. On my main account I went for him first (though I got the HDB), and I can say that almost 2 years into the game, he is still my favorite squad and most versatile on my roster. They just work in EVERY mode of the game. The downside is it requires A LOT of journey guide characters to build it out.
    How come you skipped out on the jango fett/HT node? I thought that HT was a staple ship in most fleets. Would it not be better to farm hyena bomber and HT instead of the tie bomber? I know the other two nodes are farther away than these two, but not quite sure how effective was your tie bomber as being a replacement? or just in general how effective it was.

I decided to skip HT to start because my plan was to go for Malevolence early, which HB is better in that lineup (yes it helped they had the Galactic Chase for Malevolence so I got it much earlier than I normally would have). Another reason was because HT would have required 2 nodes to farm (need Bossk too), and I just couldn't fit. So instead I got ITB (which I need for SEE) and is a pilotless ship, and then also BTL Ywing which is almost 7* now that I'll use as my Negotiator tank.

I am farming Jango / HT / Bossk now, but it's not crucial and will help to support fleet #3 and 4 once I go up to Chromium.

Who's ht I don't understand the abbreviations
  • Ht stands for Hound's Tooth
    Once a Jedi, always a Jedi. Wait... never mind.
  • Okay thank you
  • yeah happy to help
    Once a Jedi, always a Jedi. Wait... never mind.
  • Hi all, read half this thread a few weeks back and mostly finished it now. Would like some advice or ideas on how to proceed with my account

https://swgoh.gg/p/221497642/

Main area is ships, I don’t have GEO ships which was hammered home from day 1 here. I have some empire ships building up but I’m still having to use my Phoenix ships in arena. Been focusing on KRUs ship and clawed to about 200 in ship ranking. I assume too late to start with geos so should I keep going on the empire ships and diggs? Should ship farming continue as main focus?

Squad arena don’t care too much, Phoenix squad is out of use but not quite ready to switch over to an empire squad or Jedi squad. Stuck in the 700s and 800s. Leaning to empire squad but don’t have the 5th character so will use KRU until maybe Jade Mara? Need one of these teams at least to help me clear GW more often.

Credits are hard to come by, been thinking I need to focus more on bounty hunters but too much split focus.

Read the discussion on GLs and think I’d prefer to build teams that help across the game than do the GL as hardcore focus. Long term up in the air..originally was thinking SLKR but not convinced. When I first downloaded game watched the Ahnalt farming guide which got me started with Phoenix but I think there’s so much crammed in the video I lost how to transition and what to transition to. Glad I at least got some help out of it.

My guild is pretty low and feel like I may be doing growth a disservice so is that one area To improve?

On the bright side I guess the slight less focused approach will help with GAC as I will have more squads and ships?

Any ideas on how to unmuddy things?
  • Intimmydation
    679 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    Armand242 wrote: »
    Any ideas on how to unmuddy things?

Hello there. Well you have come to the right place for some guidance on just starting out. First I would say it's not too late to build the Geos, and you should focus on that even if it means sliding a bit in Fleet Arena at the start, they are a key fleet for pretty much all the game (once you get Malevolence). In general the guide I have laid out here still holds up, but there are some key things I'd change if starting over now (just because of how things have evolved).

1. I still like Phoenix early b/c it gets you access to both Palpatine and Thrawn
    2. Geos (with Nute as lead until level 83 when you can farm GBA)
    3. Jedi under Bastilla Shan with JKA, Ahsoka, Mace/QGJ and GMY (I would not go for JKR, Jedi Knight Revan, early in the game anymore as they have removed some of the mutli-location farms for his reqs)
    4. Imperial Troopers are still highly recommended as they will help you get some good rewards early on in Assault Battles (x2) and raids

After that you can start to pick a main journey to begin, I would suggest SLKR or GAS and then SLKR. In my guide here I went for Malak and then aimed for SEE, but because of the increased importance of fleets in the game, building SLKR which gives you the Finalizer I think is better overall.

I'd suggest to check out the YouTube link below for Free2Play Padawan's updated 2022 guide, which is pretty similar to this although he doesn't like Phoenix.

https://youtu.be/-E1eWnr0R7k

You can also check out the F2P Nation discord server which you can get a ton of advice for new players just starting out.

https://discord.gg/e8QUwN5d