[MEGATHREAD] Road Ahead: September 2022 - MODs and Stuff

Replies

• Perfzilla wrote: »
    increase extra mod inventory slots. It's been the same since like ever. We got 47 million new toons give us a few more slots

If you got 47 million new toons, you already 282 million new slots.
  • @CG_Tusken_Meathead

Could we add a feature where we favorite mods? Similar to favorit-ing a character. There are times I put a mod on a character and want to slice it up further, but lack the mats. Then later when I have the mats, I've forgotten which characters I needed to increase mods for.

Thanks for the RA and communication!
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    332 posts EA Community Manager
    @CG_Tusken_Meathead

Could we add a feature where we favorite mods? Similar to favorit-ing a character. There are times I put a mod on a character and want to slice it up further, but lack the mats. Then later when I have the mats, I've forgotten which characters I needed to increase mods for.

Submitted a feature request doc for this, I like it
  • @CG_Tusken_Meathead

I know it's nothing to do with mods but a feature I'd love to see implemented would be a checkbox for a gear list breakdown of current and future tiers on each character page. Also that the game examines your current inventory and can project for you how far you could potentially gear the character and details which gear pieces are missing. Often times there are 6 green +'s but you can't upgrade because something is being used more than once. An exclamation mark, notifying you which piece it is would be really helpful.
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    332 posts EA Community Manager
    SiDuke wrote: »
    @CG_Tusken_Meathead

I know it's nothing to do with mods but a feature I'd love to see implemented would be a checkbox for a gear list breakdown of current and future tiers on each character page. Also that the game examines your current inventory and can project for you how far you could potentially gear the character and details which gear pieces are missing. Often times there are 6 green +'s but you can't upgrade because something is being used more than once. An exclamation mark, notifying you which piece it is would be really helpful.

Oof, yeah, I can see where that would be useful, but that would also be a nightmare to implement and/or well.
  • if you want some suggestions about how to make the game more enjoyable, i have a couple.

1/
    3v3 isn't entirely bad but a whole month of it is way too much. how about instead we have every GAC start out with 5v5 in the first week, then a week of 3v3 and the final week goes back to 5v5. that way we get the novelty and challenge of 3v3 without having to suffer through 3 full weeks of it in a row.

2/
    GAC matchups are bananas right now. i have 6M gp and am constantly getting matched up against 7 and 8M rosters. it's very demoralizing knowing that, regardless of skill, these players can just overpower my roster. how about this. at the start of every GAC tournament, everyone's stats get reset and we get placed in a bracket based on our GP. that way, all the 8M gp rosters get placed in K2 (or whatever) and the rest of us get to fight players with similar GP to us (at least for the first week or two).

i hope i'm not too far off topic here but i've been thinking about these changes for a while and just wanted to put them out there.

thx
  • Since we're at it, could we please have a way to sort in the character screen by "relic level"? You can sort by level, but that just jumbles up all the characters that are G13+. Relic sort would make it a lot easier to find certain characters.
  • Since we are focusing on the purge era, I hope we see some characters like Cal Kestis, and hermit Obi-Wan
  • Sweet, another new currency!

...said no one ever
  • adym1hoyamyp.png

Are 0 drops an intended part of the economy changes?
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    adym1hoyamyp.png

Are 0 drops an intended part of the economy changes?

That's a bug (either visual or actual) since the possible minimum shown in the prize box is above zero.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • PumaK
    301 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    231llca1h0vw.jpg
    So, My muscle memory finally betrayed me and I wasted crystals on trash ítems on the today store reset. Thanks for never adressing that issue that you guys created.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    My muscle memory now takes me to the correct place. Please don't change it again CG.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • SiDuke wrote: »
    @CG_Tusken_Meathead

Oof, yeah, I can see where that would be useful, but that would also be a nightmare to implement and/or well.

How about something (more?) simple, where the gear piece we need for a char that can't equip it yet shows, but is maybe greyed-out?

For example, my Kryyyssrsstaan needs a mk 9 BAW armor mod and an MK 6 A/KT Stun Gun. If I look at him, the two brown (bc I can't equip the gear until he is 7*) plus signs are there. However, if I look at another char like Scion Boba who can equip it right now and I click on the MK 6 Stun Gun, Kryysstan doesn't show up in the list below with all the other toons that can use it (bc he isn't 7 star).

As a non-dev, I assume it would be relatively easy to just have Krysstan show up in the list of chars that can equip it, but just be greyed out. This would help in making sure we don't put a piece on someone when we are saving it for someone else. The only issue I see is having too many toons in that bottom row/list of chars that can use it eventually, but I think it would still work. I'd rather have to scroll or w/e than not have this feature. Plus, if we had the toon favorited maybe that could push them to the front of the list(?).

ps thanks for Jabba. Plz make him stronk
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF wrote: »
    My muscle memory now takes me to the correct place. Please don't change it again CG.

This. I was super sour with the last change. But 7 months has re-trained me.
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    SiDuke wrote: »
    @CG_Tusken_Meathead

How about something (more?) simple, where the gear piece we need for a char that can't equip it yet shows, but is maybe greyed-out?

For example, my Kryyyssrsstaan needs a mk 9 BAW armor mod and an MK 6 A/KT Stun Gun. If I look at him, the two brown (bc I can't equip the gear until he is 7*) plus signs are there. However, if I look at another char like Scion Boba who can equip it right now and I click on the MK 6 Stun Gun, Kryysstan doesn't show up in the list below with all the other toons that can use it (bc he isn't 7 star).

As a non-dev, I assume it would be relatively easy to just have Krysstan show up in the list of chars that can equip it, but just be greyed out. This would help in making sure we don't put a piece on someone when we are saving it for someone else. The only issue I see is having too many toons in that bottom row/list of chars that can use it eventually, but I think it would still work. I'd rather have to scroll or w/e than not have this feature. Plus, if we had the toon favorited maybe that could push them to the front of the list(?).

ps thanks for Jabba. Plz make him stronk

This is not hard. I had an Excel file back in the day that did a primitive job of what Hot Utils, swgoh.gg, and SWGOH Events can do. There's no reason for this not to exist in game besides $$$.
  • PumaK
    301 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    TVF wrote: »

Well, I've never fall on that trap until today. I just assumed I got scammed on crystals.

All those issues obviously ain't gonna be forgotten personally.
    Post edited by PumaK on
  • PumaK wrote: »

Well, I've never fall on that trap until today. I just assumed I got scammed on crystals.

Calling it a “trap” several months after they changed it is funny - thanks.

Thanks, seeing how you always try to defend your loved CG it's even more funny.
    PumaK wrote: »

Thanks, seeing how you always try to defend your loved CG it's even more funny.
    That’s pathetic.

I’m not defending CG, I’m pointing out how thin your grounds for complaint are.

The items purchased with credits used to be at the bottom of the store, then they moved them to the top, now they are in their current location.

Tell me, if my “muscle memory” sees me scroll to the bottom of the store, where the credit items used to be located years ago, and spend crystals unintentionally on items I don’t want… is that also “a trap”? Or should I have known better?
  • Could be both
  • osbourne wrote: »
    if you want some suggestions about how to make the game more enjoyable, i have a couple.

1/
    3v3 isn't entirely bad but a whole month of it is way too much. how about instead we have every GAC start out with 5v5 in the first week, then a week of 3v3 and the final week goes back to 5v5. that way we get the novelty and challenge of 3v3 without having to suffer through 3 full weeks of it in a row.

2/
    GAC matchups are bananas right now. i have 6M gp and am constantly getting matched up against 7 and 8M rosters. it's very demoralizing knowing that, regardless of skill, these players can just overpower my roster. how about this. at the start of every GAC tournament, everyone's stats get reset and we get placed in a bracket based on our GP

Literally that’s the old system and it ****.

I’m at your GP and always down several million and several GLs, git gud.
  • Can't see attempts for fleets in TW.
  • Guildmate's screen shot. Someone blew up the cap ship with Holdo and lost. Went in for cleanup, and one of the ships was placed in the cap ship location XD

bi7s9ttdu7ew.png
  • Thanks for all the upgrades and improvements for Mods! Looks like a lot and definitely will make things easier and more helpful to players.

Oh and yes, datacrons are still sucky garbage. But hey, how 'bout those Mod improvements!
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the upgrades and improvements for Mods! Looks like a lot and definitely will make things easier and more helpful to players.

Oh and yes, datacrons are still sucky garbage. But hey, how 'bout those Mod improvements!
    The “praise sandwich”, ladies and gentlemen.
  • Chesterallofthem
    7 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    l61f0ecfofc2.png

CG “calibrating your mods will only help improve your mods…”

How is this an improvement?? It hit the same stat and lowered the value!! Great first time-experience, CG!!!!!!

Post edited by Chesterallofthem on
  • l61f0ecfofc2.png

CG “calibrating your mods will only help improve your mods…”

How is this an improvement?? It hit the same stat and lowered the value!! Great first time-experience, CG!!!!!!

Same thing on my second attempt. What a quick way to kill an exciting update.
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the upgrades and improvements for Mods! Looks like a lot and definitely will make things easier and more helpful to players.

The “praise sandwich”, ladies and gentlemen.

Viva La Dirt League!
  • @CG_Tusken_Meathead I tought this should not happen, because the calibration should improve my mods from good to great ones, so where can I get my refund for those 15 rollmats?
    fjqw2duiopsr.png