[MEGATHREAD] Road Ahead: September 2022 - MODs and Stuff

Replies

• Same thing happened to me. Not only did it roll what I wanted to exchange, but also a worse stat.

Lol
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    NYIM wrote: »
    @CG_Tusken_Meathead I tought this should not happen, because the calibration should improve my mods from good to great ones, so where can I get my refund for those 15 rollmats?
    fjqw2duiopsr.png

chance to improve your mods, not guarantee

• Ultra wrote: »
    @CG_Tusken_Meathead I tought this should not happen, because the calibration should improve my mods from good to great ones, so where can I get my refund for those 15 rollmats?
    fjqw2duiopsr.png

Sounds like the same legal team that says, "datacrons are fun!"
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    fjqw2duiopsr.png

how else would you phrase it

describe mod calibration for me, i tried to use my own words and it boils down to:

"Calibration can make your mods better"

which is basically what meathead said

but maybe you use your own words to explain what calibration is / does to someone who has never done it before or heard about it
  • Mod calibration: the only game mode where you can spend currency to make your resources worse
  • Jakdnels wrote: »
    Mod calibration: the only game mode where you can spend currency to make your resources worse

You've got the option to keep what you started with, so it's on you if your mod actually gets worse.

Certainly can waste the new currency and attempts for no gain though.

fjqw2duiopsr.png

Hmmm, I dont know maybe "chance to improve or worsen your mods"
    or
    "1/100? chance to improve your mods"

You know like any ethical company would.

• Drathuk916
    625 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    I could understand rolls being for the same stat with the possibility of rolling worse (and therefore forced to keep what you started with) if you had unlimited rolls. But with capping rolls to 6 certainly doesn’t make sense that what you sacrificed is a potential replacement.
    fjqw2duiopsr.png

describe mod calibration for me, i tried to use my own words and it boils down to:

but maybe you use your own words to explain what calibration is / does to someone who has never done it before or heard about it

I understand what you're saying. The problem is, CG keeps making things WORSE for players when they're already in the hole about 50 feet because of garbage extreme datacrons. At the end of the day, in their videos and in the screenshots, explanations, etc., they should flat out SAY, "these can roll worse stats, so fair warning!" That's where the lawyerly responses come to irritate us. "Well, we didn't specify that your stats would always get better, so you should just assume we're going to screw you somehow. Gosh!"

Yes, the new mod setup is better, having 6E mats on mod nodes is absolutely wonderful. They are obviously prepping TW team screens to show us what attacked a team, along with a few other good things. But the communication in regards to mod calibration was lacking. (The game freezing randomly when you try to go into a battle is absolutely unacceptable though, they need to fix that yesterday.)
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    edited September 2022
    fjqw2duiopsr.png

Hmmm, I dont know maybe "chance to improve or worsen your mods"
    or
    "1/100? chance to improve your mods"

You know like any ethical company would.

Since you can discard mod rolls that are worst, so you should never have worst mods, so that's not exactly right wording either, just like you are criticizing meathead, your wording isn't correct either

Where's your data that there is only 1% chance to improve your mods?

Where's the data to back up your accusations? You know, like any ethical person would do, make bad accusations with evidence
  • In the meantime, 2 months after the announcement, the "single line of server code update to remove these 20 carbonite for R8" project is progressing well despite of high risks highlighted ("[if] no unforeseen issues pop up", "[it] should be in our next update", "If this changes").

Good luck guys, it seems as complicated as launching a space rocket... Fingers crossed !
    fjqw2duiopsr.png

True, but they failed to mention that:
    "Calibration can turn your good mods into bad ones."

Of course, you can choose to discard a bad roll, but the currency requirement shoots up considerably after the initial roll.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    fjqw2duiopsr.png

Of course, you can choose to discard a bad roll, but the currency requirement shoots up considerably after the initial roll.

So it can only turn you good mods into bad ones if you don't discard the bad roll.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    fjqw2duiopsr.png

They didn't fail to mention it and its pointless to mention it because nobody should be keeping bad rolls

But what i learned is that the community criticizes someone for using xyz wording or phrasing while they themselves are unable to phrase it

Very telling about the complainers just complaining for the sake of it
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Today I got a roll that was exactly the same as the old one. Not just the secondary, but the exact number.

Ngl it was a tough decision to keep or discard.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Today I got a roll that was exactly the same as the old one. Not just the secondary, but the exact number.

So what did you choose? We are dying to know!
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

I left the app open. All suggestions are welcome.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    edited September 2022

WOW CG LIED

and so did everyone else who tried correcting CG are big liars too

they never told us that calibration can make our mods unchanged!
    fjqw2duiopsr.png

So it can only turn you good mods into bad ones if you don't discard the bad roll.

Yes, that is quite literally what I said.
    fjqw2duiopsr.png

They didn't fail to mention it and its pointless to mention it because nobody should be keeping bad rolls

But what i learned is that the community criticizes someone for using xyz wording or phrasing while they themselves are unable to phrase it

Very telling about the complainers just complaining for the sake of it

There's no need for personal attacks, is there Ultra?

Is it not a waste of resources to have the same stat roll for a lower amount? I would be fine with the roll staying the same. I would simply like the cost of re-rolling to not jump so severely due to RNG. That's not complaining but a simple suggestion that would surely please everyone on this forum.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    my post was about the community, not you

So it was not a personal attack in any way, shape, or form

WOW CG LIED

and so did everyone else who tried correcting CG are big liars too

they never told us that calibration can make our mods unchanged!

…..for a cost (time or money)

Delete the app is my suggestion…
  • Fieldgulls wrote: »

Delete the app is my suggestion…

That might not be enough, nuke it from orbit. Just to be sure.
  • I think when cg_waffleking explained it in the road head video and he used the term “you can only make your mods better” it was a bit confusing with how it actually worked. I don’t think he lied, he was just a bit excited about the new feature he designed and used a statement that could be interpreted as better than it was. No biggie.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    fjqw2duiopsr.png

Yes, that is quite literally what I said.

Yes but you left open the case where someone chooses the worse mod. Anyone who does that deserves it.
  • More content and no more datacrons please
  • After using the new mod management system I have to say, I really like what has been done.
    It is so much easier now to handle mods, so a very nice and welcome change. 🙂
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • The one thing I wish they'd do with calibration is have it automatically removed the worst slice from whatever stat you're changing. That way, even if you get the same stat, you've improved the mod.