[MEGATHREAD] Road Ahead: June 2022 - Datacrons

Replies

• 6SixVI wrote: »
    Datacrons are a plague to this game. Instead of quality content, they basically are giving us rentals. Put time and effort(and for some people, money) into something that you can't even keep. Come on CG. For the money you make, this is not the content players deserve

Well that depends on what this "quality content is". Because we hadnt that before either
  • I meant new raids and events as far as content. Not datacrons and an updated version of the pit raid
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    So like a new TB?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    So like a new TB?

HA! It will be 6+ months before we see that TB.
  • Probably true. None of the marquee toons for jabba are even farmable yet so I bet the new tb is a year or more away
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    They said the target was end of year.

Take that as seriously as you want.
  • Daily reminder that datacrons will remain trash for as long as they apply to teams with GLs.
    Also, when the players ask for more content we don’t mean another junk drawer of salvage and currency to micromanage. The game doesn’t need more layers of tedious mechanics. It defeats the spirit of QOL updates to have to fine tune every last trinket in the game as opposed to simply playing it.

I'm inclined to believe them on this target. LS Geo TB came out around end-of-year--same with cPit and GAC overhaul. And we're long overdue, imo, for something fresh that isn't just a new progression system/cap.

I'm inclined to believe them on this target. LS Geo TB came out around end-of-year--same with cPit and GAC overhaul. And we're long overdue, imo, for something fresh that isn't just a new progression system/cap.

I'm sure that's their target. Will they make it? Is December the new August?
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

December burns White.

December burns White.

December burns White -> The Burning White by Brent Weeks -> Main character is Kip -> Kyp Durron confirmed next GL
  • StarSon wrote: »

December burns White.

December burns White -> The Burning White by Brent Weeks -> Main character is Kip -> Kyp Durron confirmed next GL

Don't break the halo!?
  • Likely already answered, but what happens to unused materials when the set expires? Do they get converted into the new set or just lost completely?
  • Bro, they should add Tala, grogu, young Leia, D-0, more tuskens, and third sister.
  • Until set 3 I always had 10 to 15 datacrons without having to buy any.

It's true that I didn't evolve all of them, but it didn't bother me at all to have them there.

Now on set 4 I have 2.
    And yes, I tried to get more from the only GConquest node where I could get them. Apparently luck wasn't on my side.

How about reviewing your calculations again and place again some extra sources of free datacrons?
  • It’s weird to play with the dtc you get during the
    AceCV wrote: »
    Until set 3 I always had 10 to 15 datacrons without having to buy any.

It's true that I didn't evolve all of them, but it didn't bother me at all to have them there.

Now on set 4 I have 2.
    And yes, I tried to get more from the only GConquest node where I could get them. Apparently luck wasn't on my side.

How about reviewing your calculations again and place again some extra sources of free datacrons?

Considering there are only 2 factions, you don’t need a lot of datacrons. A lot of lvl 3 datacrons to handle just make things complicated without bringing much to the team imo. Well, except when they got +25%, but i don’t think it was a good idea to give such huge advantage for a lvl 3 datacron.
  • Starslayer wrote: »
    It’s weird to play with the dtc you get during the
    AceCV wrote: »
    Until set 3 I always had 10 to 15 datacrons without having to buy any.

Now on set 4 I have 2.

Considering there are only 2 factions, you don’t need a lot of datacrons. A lot of lvl 3 datacrons to handle just make things complicated without bringing much to the team imo. Well, except when they got +25%, but i don’t think it was a good idea to give such huge advantage for a lvl 3 datacron.

That would be great if they didn't severely decrease the amount of datacrons that you get. I've gotten 6 in set 4 because they've restricted them so much, unless you buy the worthless pieces of garbage that is. Because that's what they are, garbage. Total utter garbage that will be gone not soon enough.

By the way, did I mention your datacrons are garbage? Yeah, total garbage. I hope someone's car is being made love to by a water buffalo, because that might be the only thing to wake them up and realize what they've done by bringing such a monstrosity to this game.
  • Why don't you remove the DC-s? Oh wait, CG only hear the whales woice (and $ voice). The PvP is enjoyable, but who cares...... Devs don't care, it is fact. Congratulations.........
  • Datacrons need to undergo a radical change, the number of people even participating in GAC these days at the top end is less than half of what it was back in the spring. These are killing the PVP side of the game. Some potential solutions:

1) Make datacrons offense only - this would alleviate the work on TW officers, return the feel of attacking in GAC and TW to what it was prior to datacrons. Those wanting to pay the money will have their easy wins on offense still while eliminating the frustration of facing crazy datacron combos on defense.

2) Simplify datacrons - reduce the datacrons from 9 down to 3 levels (1 stat, 1 faction bonus, 1 character bonus). Hopefully this will downsize the crazy stat bonuses to a more reasonable level, and potentially far less text to read through with every fight.
  • Cainan wrote: »
    Datacrons need to undergo a radical change, the number of people even participating in GAC these days at the top end is less than half of what it was back in the spring. These are killing the PVP side of the game. Some potential solutions:

1) Make datacrons offense only - this would alleviate the work on TW officers, return the feel of attacking in GAC and TW to what it was prior to datacrons. Those wanting to pay the money will have their easy wins on offense still while eliminating the frustration of facing crazy datacron combos on defense.

2) Simplify datacrons - reduce the datacrons from 9 down to 3 levels (1 stat, 1 faction bonus, 1 character bonus). Hopefully this will downsize the crazy stat bonuses to a more reasonable level, and potentially far less text to read through with every fight.

Making datacrons offense only would merely change defenses being held for multiple battles to having full clears happen because everyone has excessively stupid overpowered garbage datacrons on offense. You're talking solo characters walking in against GL's and wiping them out for 59 points every single time and NOTHING holding on defense.

That's not a good idea, only removing the excessively stupid garbage OP rubbish abilities and stats being added to them. +100% crit damage would be fine. What you're doing with these CG is dishonorable to any of us who spent time, effort, resources, money, etc., to build our rosters before these garbage datacrons were implemented by someone hiding behind their desk not wanting to admit they made the decision. (At least Carrie stepped up and claimed her decisions.)

Total Rubbish causing players you apparently have zero loyalty to towards quitting or having them already be there because of this stupid extreme sports instant gratification temporary omicron sucky rubbish. Plain and simple, they suck and are sucking the fun out of SWGOH for some of us, at least.
  • I keep asking this and never get an answer; does anyone know, pretty pretty pretty please: what happens to left over material upon dusting? What will happen to two unused set 2 Mk2 when next dusting comes around?
  • Datacrons are broken, just remove them already. You thought it was a good idea, fine, but now it’s obvious to everyone including you guys that datacrons ruin the game. They create an exceptionally unbalanced gameplay and even though your initial assumption of that not being of importance due to their temporary nature it doesn’t hold true as long as datacrons as a mechanic is permanent. Just remove them and accept that this pig didn’t fly.