Kit Reveal - Jabba the Hutt

Replies

• Looks awesome. 12 ultimate materials? Is that gonna be the new standard?
  • heateris wrote: »
    Looks awesome. 12 ultimate materials? Is that gonna be the new standard?

It is already, since jmk.
  • Every other BH, smuggler and hutt cartel characters in the game are scoundrels, why not jabba?

any explanation @CG_Tusken_Meathead ?
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Every other BH, smuggler and hutt cartel characters in the game are scoundrels, why not jabba?
    Tags are sometimes omitted for game balancing reasons

Probably was a broken combination with scoundrels so they omitted it

I mean, Jabba is insane with Zam Wessel and Embo with their omicrons, any more would be too much i guess
  • Ooda pon tona! Also, cool kit. Also, what other character can be considered large? I can't really think of any besides other hutts.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Ooda pon tona! Also, cool kit. Also, what other character can be considered large? I can't really think of any besides other hutts.

i can't think of any either, might just be exclusively for Jabba for the foreseeable future

if you include vehicles though... AT-ST, etc
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Pizza the Hutt
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • This post needs a thorough proof read. Decent amount of confusion here, "At start of each encounter, after the first..." First what?
    Also, allies can't can't gain bonus TM if Jabba isn't in the leader slot, but then he can't be used in the ally slot, so where else would that leave him?
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    This post needs a thorough proof read. Decent amount of confusion here, "At start of each encounter, after the first..." First what?
    Also, allies can't can't gain bonus TM if Jabba isn't in the leader slot, but then he can't be used in the ally slot, so where else would that leave him?

Should have read the rest of the thread.

Subsequent encounters after the first encounter (waves in TB and Assault Battles etc).

Ally slot historically means the sixth slot where you borrow a character on node battles. Can't loan a Jabba.
  • At the start of each encounter after the first, Bounty Hunter, Hutt Cartel, and Smuggler allies gain Critical Damage Up, Damage Immunity, and Offense Up for 2 turns, which can't be copied, dispelled, or prevented.

does this include 2nd and further battle attempts in GAC and TW? because those arent first encounters anymore
  • flux_rono wrote: »
    At the start of each encounter after the first, Bounty Hunter, Hutt Cartel, and Smuggler allies gain Critical Damage Up, Damage Immunity, and Offense Up for 2 turns, which can't be copied, dispelled, or prevented.

does this include 2nd and further battle attempts in GAC and TW? because those arent first encounters anymore

Encounters are waves or phases. Battles in TW and GAC are single wave, so no.
  • UdalCuain wrote: »
    flux_rono wrote: »
    At the start of each encounter after the first, Bounty Hunter, Hutt Cartel, and Smuggler allies gain Critical Damage Up, Damage Immunity, and Offense Up for 2 turns, which can't be copied, dispelled, or prevented.

what about someone like Han solo who shoots first every encounter? he always takes the bonus turns when you attack his team 2+ times not just the first battle.
    how is that different overall?

and I'm not saying your wrong I just want to try and understand clarity of the wording
  • Why deal damage equal to 30% of his max health 5 times instead of 150% once? It's true damage so it can't be changed anyway.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Why deal damage equal to 30% of his max health 5 times instead of 150% once? It's true damage so it can't be changed anyway.

Because that way it feeds cpit enemies more turn meter, etc.
  • GRANDOLA wrote: »
    If BK dies and self revives he doesn't get the stacks of Scum back correct?
    I would say so but I don't remember if there are some locked buffs that persist after revive
  • Ooda pon tona! Also, cool kit. Also, what other character can be considered large? I can't really think of any besides other hutts.

I'm guessing we'll be getting vehicles there eventually
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Nauros wrote: »
    Why deal damage equal to 30% of his max health 5 times instead of 150% once? It's true damage so it can't be changed anyway.

Raid bosses gain TM per hit, so 5 hits vs 1 hit makes a big difference
  • flux_rono wrote: »
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    flux_rono wrote: »

what about someone like Han solo who shoots first every encounter? he always takes the bonus turns when you attack his team 2+ times not just the first battle.
    how is that different overall?

and I'm not saying your wrong I just want to try and understand clarity of the wording

To explain it in terms of the current dialogue, GAC/TW battles are single encounters. TB/Assault Battles are multiple "encounters" but only one "battle".

They won't get the bonuses on multiple attempts in GAC/TW as it is a new single encounter battle, not a second or third encounter in the same battle.
  • HKFactory
    370 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    Ooda pon tona! Also, cool kit. Also, what other character can be considered large? I can't really think of any besides other hutts.

Lots of beasts could be considered large, like acklay, or tarentateks, maybe certain droid models, like dwarf Spider Droids.
  • E3P0
    109 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    "At the start of battle, other Hutt Cartel allies gain a stack of My Kind of Scum for each Bounty Hunter, Hutt Cartel, and Smuggler ally until the end of the battle"

So if we suppose a full Hutt Cartel team, where each toon is either a Smuggler or Bounty Hunter (in other words, 4 toons with 2 of the tags, plus Jabba who has all 3 tags), which of the following is correct?

- each toon gains 5 stacks on My Kind of Scum (6 for Boussh Leia, if present)
    - each toon gains 11 stacks of My Kind of Scum (12 for Boussh Leia)

To me the AND in the kit text would mean the latter. OR would mean the former. But just wanted to clarify to double check.

Edit: rereading the FAQ section it would appear it does NOT stack for multiple tags, so it would be 5 stacks of My Kind of Scum. Although that "not stacking, no matter how many tags shared" might refer only to the stat bonuses of the lead? In any case, it's probably best to assume the lower number for now.
  • CaptainRex wrote: »

Um, any of the other 4 slots? There's more than just leader and ally slots, you know. And other GLs *have* occasionally been used under different toon leads (most commonly JML under some other Jedi leader).
  • Any thoughts on when he will be released? I'm assuming Thursday but any confirmation?
  • 8675309 😉
    Call it
  • I appreciate so much that they made 0 effort in having him do anything other than raise his arms and yell orders. Nothing in the game has been more canon than this.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    E3P0 wrote: »
    "At the start of battle, other Hutt Cartel allies gain a stack of My Kind of Scum for each Bounty Hunter, Hutt Cartel, and Smuggler ally until the end of the battle"

So if we suppose a full Hutt Cartel team, where each toon is either a Smuggler or Bounty Hunter (in other words, 4 toons with 2 of the tags, plus Jabba who has all 3 tags), which of the following is correct?

- each toon gains 5 stacks on My Kind of Scum (6 for Boussh Leia, if present)
    - each toon gains 11 stacks of My Kind of Scum (12 for Boussh Leia)

To me the AND in the kit text would mean the latter. OR would mean the former. But just wanted to clarify to double check.

Edit: rereading the FAQ section it would appear it does NOT stack for multiple tags, so it would be 5 stacks of My Kind of Scum. Although that "not stacking, no matter how many tags shared" might refer only to the stat bonuses of the lead? In any case, it's probably best to assume the lower number for now.

Should be 5 per, (6 for boush)
  • I want to see Jabba + GamGuard vs. HPit Rancor. I don't think they could take it out just the two of them, but it would be fun.
  • Hey cg for jabba’s requirements will there be like a shard pack to help get ready faster or not? cause I’m max level but still have trouble earning characters jab a will be my first GL once I’m ready
  • When are we getting Bone!Jedi knight Luke as a playable character
  • How can Hutt gain a payout from contracts if he doesn't have one and can't be in an ally slot?
  • Magruffin wrote: »
    How can Hutt gain a payout from contracts if he doesn't have one and can't be in an ally slot?

he can be in any slot but can't be in the 6th slot, which is the "ally spot". which just means you cant borrow him in cantina or dark side battles.
    and he does have his own contract, just like every other BH.